Random Noise

Fortnite Discussion Board

Posted  Edited by MooTheCow
7 hours ago, TheJitFace said:

If you are fighting someone else, and they start to build, that means they are low. 

Not really, you will know when someone is low by the damage you do to them which will be displayed. Also anyone who is decent at the game will build regardless of their health to gain a height/aim advantage against you.

Want some tips? Yuge text incoming(Assuming you're on pc)

If you always want to get in top 50-2 just land in a non named place then camp/loot the place.

-If you want to win then you can't really do the camping part and even if you do the final guy will destroy you since chances are that he's loaded with weapons/mats.

- Places like tilted towers have a lot of people and therefore a lot of aiming practice.

- Places that have no name have less people which means you can loot in peace, try to find a route that has a good amount of chests and a low amount of people.

Building is very important as you probably already know

- I suggest rebinding/doing a secondary bind for building walls/stairs and maybe even floors if you can. Roofs are pretty much useless unless you want another layer above your head if you use a  floor as a roof. Doing this will allow you to switch to building faster.

Having an height advantage is also important.

- You always want to have the high ground against someone, so making a base in the circle to survey the area is useful

- If you get in a fight with someone who is a decent amount of space in front of you you can rush him by building ramps, running on them, then drop down onto him/his base to kill him

- Be careful about getting to high when rushing using this method as they can shoot you down and you'll take fall damage, you can build a wall in front of the ramp after you build it so you have   another layer of defense before they break it or build floors to bridge the gap without going too high. 

- If they are close to you, you can build a 1 level base without a wall then build ramps from the missing wall, one on the ground that you run on then one over you head which connects to the top of  the missing wall you are running out of which will act as cover against someone who is above you shooting down. When you get high/far enough turn around build a wall then stairs and climb up.

Watch and learn.

-I suggest watching some streamers who are very good at the game so you can see how they build in different situations,

Manage your inventory to match your style/needs.

- Some weapons are godlike some aren't, always have a shotgun and a long range weapon (sniper/ar/scoped ar)

- Take health-kits over bandages.

- Shooting someone with a pump/tac then switching to the small smg to finish them off is a good strategy.

Don't have to always fight.

- You don't need to always shoot at everyone you see, if they don't see you then they aren't your problem.

- Better to pick them off after  they kill someone and they are injured/exposed or if you really feel that you can kill them.

- If you do  this then building a 1 level base with a ramp on the inside or any sort of cover is good if they try to fire back.

- If you don't have shields then don't be too aggressive. 

Final circle stuff.

- Use those building tips above and if the other people aren't gods then you should be okay.

- There are more ways to build cover/to get a height advantage so as i said watch other streamers do it and learn.

- This usually leads to a building contest so be wary of that since building quickly/efficiently is hard.

- Unless your inventory isn't stacked/you need shields/health and there aren't anyone near you, get the loot crates. Otherwise don't get it unless you feel you can get there            and build around it and safely get it.

- Build a base with brick/metal to start then wood if you run low on those two.

- Rushing by building ramps up to someone's base isn't a bad idea but be careful since they can see you from below, building above them then dropping is a good method           as  well.

- The storm hurts a lot at this stage so don't get caught in it.

- Don't be too aggressive unless you know where everyone is, chances are they are in bases so running/peeking in the open isn't a good idea unless you need to get out of              the  storm.

- Sometimes that final guy is a building god or a John Wick.

TL:DW:

Just build lol.

Edited by MooTheCow

iWRtIsJ.jpg

Achievements

9 hours ago, Mistarpotato said:

Play safe/like a bitch, play as dirty as you possibly can, that goes for any game competitive wise. If you see people shooting it up wait to take on the victor when they're injured and easy to kill.

So basicslly be like @Clueless C. :lenny:

yes.PNG

I love how all I asked was some help with fortnite and I now have more than an entire page of replies. Thanks for all the replies. I'm going to officially turn this into a place not just to give fortnite advice, but to also just talk about fortnite in general. I'll start the new conversation by asking this: which gun is your favorite? I personally love the minigun.

500k.PNG.7609ad6227a2249acd0bccd38d0d8db4.PNG

dmnolife.PNG.8447196721ffd80bf62066b9321cd807.PNG

Spoiler

marioadmin.PNG

dralgaaboose2.PNG

dralgaaboose1.PNG

loucopmass.PNG

zeroleftnute.PNG

zeronoaccessr.PNG

ryanmean.PNG

zerobreak.PNG

volkghost.PNG

kosadmin.PNG

momdemote.PNG

volkdemote.PNG

godgag2.PNG

kitescreech.PNG

kiteprom.PNG

kitemember.PNG

zeroserver.PNG

kitedemote.PNG

slayall2.PNG

tonydemote.PNG

ryanhot.PNG

volklovetony.PNG

volkgay.PNG

volkmass.PNG

wigglesbeat.PNG

kitesuck.PNG

humcent.PNG

pancakezeroass.PNG

epic.PNG

godunforgive.PNG

squidleave.PNG

zerobrazid.PNG

zeroban.PNG

zeroass.PNG

gamble.PNG

bigflip3.PNG

bigflip2.PNG

bigflip1.PNG

pancakeaboose3.PNG

slayall.PNG

robotrdm.PNG

zeromember.PNG

zeromass.PNG

godgag.PNG

doubleaboose.PNG

prom.PNG

zerohax3.PNG

rdmtest2.PNG

rdmtest.PNG

lilozgay.PNG

lilozcock.PNG

2697y22w4d.PNG

1inchpinch.PNG

ducnihilistic.PNG

zerohax2.PNG

zerogay2.PNG

lilozmember.PNG

pulseaboose3.PNG

kiterdm2.PNG

pulseaboose2.PNG

pulseaboose1.PNG

pulsereee.PNG

zerolazy.PNG

rdmrdm.PNG

sadbanditwish.PNG

vaglol.PNG

zerodemotion.PNG

pancakeass.PNG

Achievements

Posted  Edited by mario_the_man

Just got my first Victory Royale! Granted, it was in 50v50, but it still counts!

Edited by mario_the_man

500k.PNG.7609ad6227a2249acd0bccd38d0d8db4.PNG

dmnolife.PNG.8447196721ffd80bf62066b9321cd807.PNG

Spoiler

marioadmin.PNG

dralgaaboose2.PNG

dralgaaboose1.PNG

loucopmass.PNG

zeroleftnute.PNG

zeronoaccessr.PNG

ryanmean.PNG

zerobreak.PNG

volkghost.PNG

kosadmin.PNG

momdemote.PNG

volkdemote.PNG

godgag2.PNG

kitescreech.PNG

kiteprom.PNG

kitemember.PNG

zeroserver.PNG

kitedemote.PNG

slayall2.PNG

tonydemote.PNG

ryanhot.PNG

volklovetony.PNG

volkgay.PNG

volkmass.PNG

wigglesbeat.PNG

kitesuck.PNG

humcent.PNG

pancakezeroass.PNG

epic.PNG

godunforgive.PNG

squidleave.PNG

zerobrazid.PNG

zeroban.PNG

zeroass.PNG

gamble.PNG

bigflip3.PNG

bigflip2.PNG

bigflip1.PNG

pancakeaboose3.PNG

slayall.PNG

robotrdm.PNG

zeromember.PNG

zeromass.PNG

godgag.PNG

doubleaboose.PNG

prom.PNG

zerohax3.PNG

rdmtest2.PNG

rdmtest.PNG

lilozgay.PNG

lilozcock.PNG

2697y22w4d.PNG

1inchpinch.PNG

ducnihilistic.PNG

zerohax2.PNG

zerogay2.PNG

lilozmember.PNG

pulseaboose3.PNG

kiterdm2.PNG

pulseaboose2.PNG

pulseaboose1.PNG

pulsereee.PNG

zerolazy.PNG

rdmrdm.PNG

sadbanditwish.PNG

vaglol.PNG

zerodemotion.PNG

pancakeass.PNG

Achievements

Well I took this advice to 50v50... Had a heavy shotgun, the dude near me died and it was me v 4 other dudes. I took away 2 of them's sheilds and knocked one before they got me then killed me. But the advice really helped and if i had just CLICKED on build at one point and gotten a bit higher I could have done something. Thanks though!

“I was so good at being a kid, and so terrible at being whatever I was now.”
― John Green, Turtles All the Way Down

Achievements