Ben

[Feedback] Changes to the Public Discord

Hey everyone, within the next few days or so, there will be some clean-up and changes to the Discord. This has been planned for a while now, and it will be executed, but this post will be used for feedback and thoughts before I do anything else. 

What's going to be changed?

The current style of this Discord is a little bit cluttered, and I've received some suggestions regarding this.

The major change on Discord is reaction roles system, and if you've seen it on GMod Discord or CS:GO Discord, I will be working on the similar system, however, it will be opposite - instead of opt-in, it will be opt-out. Rules-info will be separated, and some channel change will come through.

There are the changes I’m planning to work on Discord:

• Opt-Out React Roles System introduced
    • You won’t be viewing the said channel with the roles you’ve reacted/selected.
    • Note: Anyone with administrator permission will see this regardless of their roles.
    • Channels included: Politics, Debate, Memes, Anime, and Tech.
    • Division channels may be considered, but for time being, they will be left out. Others can be suggested.
  • Removing roles that are not needed
    • Any Tournament roles that was declared temporary on Discord
    • VC channel roles, which was previously working for the previous system before the purge on Discord
  • Removing channels that are never used, and suggestions on the new channels would be strict.
    • Once suggested, the channel must have its purpose and why it should be created.
    • Channels to be removed: #languages
      • A restriction would be lifted to let people post non-English languages as long as it is not interrupting ongoing convos in #general
  • Separate #rules-info and add channel-specific rules under #rules
    • Channel-specific rules would be under #rules and Discord Moderators will be discussing what to add - highly needed for #debate, #politics, and #anime.
    • Change the format of #rules
    • Some changes in #info

Again, as I've said, any feedback is welcome and is encouraged in this thread.

76561198043643390.png

Looks pretty solid! I agree with the removal of languages. The only thing is, the addition of more "off topic" channels will lead to more confusion between the moderation team. The political one seems to be alright, but the others are unneeded. I suggest instead of creating more channels to further divide up the general chat, revising the rules over with your moderation team. Such as, if JerryBomb says "Donald Trump is amazing" in general chat, would this be means for a warning to move it to political? These rules will never cohesively work with the changes unless the line is drawn. What is relative, and what's not. Anyways make it rain in minecraft also I want a cat but theres not jungle thanks

159560877572839938.jpg.3cd99a30f7146a9cfaf9ce3beb5ec78d.jpg

Made by: @Zeins.

Achievements

Posted  Edited by rapperdan
46 minutes ago, Amelie said:

Looks pretty solid! I agree with the removal of languages. The only thing is, the addition of more "off topic" channels will lead to more confusion between the moderation team. The political one seems to be alright, but the others are unneeded. I suggest instead of creating more channels to further divide up the general chat, revising the rules over with your moderation team. Such as, if JerryBomb says "Donald Trump is amazing" in general chat, would this be means for a warning to move it to political? These rules will never cohesively work with the changes unless the line is drawn. What is relative, and what's not. Anyways make it rain in minecraft also I want a cat but theres not jungle thanks

in my eyes it remains better to guide someone to something, and allow them to naturally do just that rather then forcing your will upon someone else in a very invasive fashion my stance on invasive actions tend to remain the same that's just my two cents hope it may help a little perhaps.

also opting out of something is by far a better idea then needing to opt in it ensures many people know something is there if they so wish.

@Joshy you thought the same ayyy? been saying slow down for a bit now shit's so fast atm you may aswell not even give anything a chance sometimes a stable place can be better then a place that is blowing up no one likes living in an active valcano after all :L something that is done fast never really is something that sticks after all.

5 minutes ago, Joshy said:

Make changes more gradual.

Edited by rapperdan

Achievements

42 minutes ago, Joshy said:

Make changes more gradual.

This is planned, as I will be taking step-by-step. I don't intend to rush this and do all-at-once.

1 hour ago, Amelie said:

The only thing is, the addition of more "off topic" channels will lead to more confusion between the moderation team. The political one seems to be alright, but the others are unneeded. I suggest instead of creating more channels to further divide up the general chat, revising the rules over with your moderation team.

This can be discussed by @Liloz01 and @Harakoni along with the Moderators for this kind of stuff, as well as channel-specific rules.

76561198043643390.png

I like the direction. I’d like to clean up as much waste in discord as possible so it’s not overwhelming to new players. 

Thanks for putting this together.