Cpt.Haxray

The big SCP overhaul that will never happen.

Im aware that the chances of Xy actually adding anything from this thread is basically moot. IT would require a dramatic amount of changes to the scps currently on the server and would effectively be the biggest update ever. Im posting it regardless as its been something that has been bothering my thoughts for a while(especially after the current changes to guns and stuff). 

Quite simply, Breach's SCPs, for how much some people say they're better than Secret lab and how others say they're worse, have a rather severe baseline problem with them: The starting ones started out incredibly strong, and were followed by more incredibly strong SCP additions. (Well, not all of them...). It leads to a situation where the vast majority of additional scps we could add or suggest are all obviously weaker than a lot of other scps in a major way, would be too similar, or would inevitably be a power creep of an existing scp.

The reason for this is actually quite simple. There is simply way too many scps that gained the ability to instantly kill people with no real drawbacks to make up for it. While this was certainly a lot more acceptable with the old guns(As scps could get gunned down pretty quickly as well), this also made it way harder to suggest scps that didnt have some kind of instant kill. These scps would usually end up as 'WEAKER VERSIONS OF X' or require insanely high health pools/some other gimmick in order to make up for it(Usually speed). This problem is a much bigger issue with the new guns, where their combination of increased spread, movement speed reduction while having them equipped, and reduced damage to SCPS compared to the previous guns(overall their DPS Is lower outside of a few extreme outliers(the LMgs come to mind)), causes SCPs currently to be incredibly difficult to kill. 

The point of this overhaul thread is two fold. Firstly, and the one that really nagged me, is adjusting the 'instant kill scps' in some way. Secondly, and while I know people hate throwing this word around when the main inspiration to this game also took liberties with 'lore'(SCP:CB), its to make them closer to the 'ACTUAL' scp whenever possible. This IS a big thread, and if you're already bored with this foreword, I can understand that. Just wanted to clarify what the point of this thread was, and why I made it.

TL:DR: Overhaul thread to adjust instant kill scps/other scps in general to fit the new guns better and make it easier to suggest/add more scps. 

SCP-173:

-Blind functionality altered: SCP-173 can mark a location and can teleport to that spot at a later point, blinding everyone on the map(including other scps) when he does so. Blind duration is 2 seconds. SCP-173 is unable to move for one second after teleporting(but is still able to move for a second before the blind is over).

-SCP-173 is able to move at slightly slower than human speed if he is currently taking damage, regardless if hes being looked at.(Same speed as SCP-049).

Reasoning:

SCP-173's blind as it currently stands is a disaster of an ability. Its intent was to balance out scp-173's inability to move while being looked at in a setting where he can be gunned down by bullets instead of being ran from by a single scared d-class, as well as referencing a potential scare/appearance in SCP:CB where the lights turn out and he appears infront of you.  However, it instead leads to a lot of cheap feeling deaths(Open a door, scp-173 is there and instant kills you with the blind without you being able to do anything) and endless bugs(Blind deciding to not blind someone infront of you but instead the 4 people far behind him) and the bizare situation of the lights apparently only being shut off for people near him and people down the hallway see just fine, as well as other SCPs.

This change makes it closer to the 'scare' its referencing from SCP:CB, while also reducing the bugginess of the ability(you wont have inconsistent range if its consistently blinding everyone at the same time). It also reduces how cheap the ability can feel to be killed by it instantly when rounding a corner, as SCP-173 can no longer use it instantly on demand to kill someone. It requires a lot more forethought by SCP-173 to use, but is also a lot more reliable and fun in return. He is stunned for a second after teleporting to avoid it possibly leading to more bullshit instant deaths, but still allowing him a chance to capitalize on it.

This would lead to the problem of SCP-173 being unable to protect himself from MTF gunning him down from down a hallway, leading to possible situations of inescapable death. This is also an issue with the current scp-173 design, and is just as frustrating as the existing blind. As a solution to this, and in this case referencing a tale related to SCP-173, he is able to move(Albeit way slower than when hes not looked at) while getting shot at. He can't move at full speed for obvious reasons, but simply being able to move at all, even if slowly, would greatly improve his chances in such a situation.(Especially since he would get brief periods of his normal speed when the people shooting at him blink).

SCP-049:

-Moves at normal human speed.

-Able to pick up and use items and weapons the same way a normal person can.

-SCP-049-2's can no longer be cured by SCP-500.

-Massively reduced health(100-200 range at most, and 200 might be pushing it).

Reasoning:

SCP-049 is one of the biggest reasons its difficult to design new scps. He set the standard base speed for scps to move at, and the 'standard' average health pool. He not only instantly kills people with his left click, but also spawns minions from it that can ALSO instant kill. Despite this, he is also INCREDIBLY feast or famine. You either get a bunch of SCP-049-2 infections early on, or you're a massive sitting duck to a compentent MTF/TFO team, even with the new guns. It also comes off as incredibly bizarre that one of the scps that is the most human like(outside of his ability to instantly kill people by touching them with his hands, and able to 'revive' people killed in such a manner) has such a massive health pool and is unable to use weapons to defend himself or use a keycard to open a door. SCP-049 isn't an idiot, after all.

Reducing his HP to be incredibly low while letting him use items and weapons, as well as moving faster, fixes most of these issues. He now has an actual drawback to his instant kill that greatly limits its use, while giving him other things he can do and just generally being closer to how scp-049 actually behaves. While he is still able to instant kill and IS faster than he previously was, his low health pool means he is incredibly vulnerable to anyone who is armed with some sort of fire-arm. Additionally, making SCP-049-2's immune to being cured by scp-500 not only makes more logical sense(How does a pill that can cure any disease magically bring back someone whos already been killed and reanimated as a semi-rotting corpse? That is a bit more than just 'curing a disease)'. Note that he still can't heal other scps with healing items unless those scps in question can already use items.

SCP-457:

-Now heals HP while burning people.

-Can press E on items to destroy them and increase his max hp by 150 per item.

-Right click costs half of his max HP and spawns a clone equal to the HP cost(Example: Scp-457 has 2k max hp. Right click reduces his max hp to 1k, but spawns a copy of himself with 1k hp).

-Is healed instead of taking damage from flamethrowers and molvos(or is just immune to damage from them). 

-No longer able to sprint.

-Starting HP reduced from whatever it currently is(I think its 1.8k or so) to 700.

Reasoning:

SCP-457 was one of the worst scps in the entie gamemode when it was originally released. He did incredibly low damage, was super slow, and was generally just a joke SCP only good for being a bullet sponge(And scp-106 did that job better by stacking his HP pool by sending people to the pocket dimension). While he was eventually buffed with a sprint in order to make him less useless, this led to people calling him over-powered and annoying, thanks in part due to his fire/flames blocking vision, the increased range on his flame radius, and his sprint allowing him to keep up with people super easily.  Plus, the sprint never really made much sense on SCP-457 in the first place, considering there is already a flaming skeleton who is known for sprinting at people and trying to burn them to death(SCP-080), and SCP-457's main gimmick was growing in size and intelligence the larger the flame grows, actively seeking fuel to grow big, and splitting into more copies of itself when it became big enough. 

While this remake leaves out the fact that the SCP-457 copies fought among themselves trying to devour one another(with no reason even given as to why), it does allow SCP-457 to be much more interesting while getting rid of the sprint that most people found annoying, and instead focusing on being a 'tank' of sorts. Healing from dealing damage with his fire and destroying items to gain max health both gives him a rather unique strength(being able to deny keycards, weapons and healing items from human players) as well as giving him his own unique way of gaining strength as the round goes on different from SCP-334. Human players/foundation players would be encouraged to try to keep items out of SCP-457's reach and to attempt to shut him down before he grows rapidly out of control with multiple copies of himself.  His starting HP is reduced to both encourage him to focus on devouring items to grow stronger instead of going for players/escaping right away, and to avoid him being able to spawn hordes of clones super easily.

SCP-966: 

-Players near scp-966 slowly suffer speed reductions over time(like 0.5% slower but stacking). Speed reduction can be completely removed by using a scp-500 or SCP-207.

-SCP-966's rightclick no longer deals random amount of damage at range, and instead renders him completely invisible even to NVG for a short period of time. He can still be damaged during this time as well as his breathing can still be heard.

Reasoning:

SCP-966 is currently incredibly weak and nearly useless if people with fire-arms get their hands on NVG. As making NVG rarer simply results in scp-966 either being too strong or people getting incredibly pissed off, that is not the solution to this problem. Giving him an (admittedly completely non-lore friendly) ability to completely turn invisible even to NVG makes up for this problem somewhat. Additionally, giving him a passive speed penalty when near him helps keep scp-500 useful, and relates to SCP-966's main ability(making victims unable to sleep and slowly get exhausted over time making them easy prey). It also gets rid of annoying RNG damage rolls on his current right mouse ability.

SCP-682: 

-Now respawns back in his cell 4 minutes after being killed and can respawn an unlimited amount of times so long as the round is still going on.

-Right click causes him to only take 1 damage from all damage sources for a period of time. 

-Killing someone heals him for 200 hp and gives him human sprint speed for 2 seconds.

-No longer has sprint.

Reasoning:

SCP-682 is another example of a SCP who had a baseline ability to instant kill people. While he has a much larger downside than SCP-049 did(as he is by far the slowest scp in the game while not using the sprint), he still easily stood above other scps in terms of potential power level due to his instant kill ability. Additionally, he didnt feel much like SCP-682, and didnt even involve 682's signature ability: The fact hes 'HARD TO KILL' and is able to adapt to various attempts to hurt him.

While he now has a much harder time actually killing people compared to the current scp-682, he instead has the power of being a constant threat. While he still gets a speed boost, he needs to get a kill first. To make up for this, he is now MUCH more tanky(being able to basically render any attempts to injure him moot for a period of time), and can even come back from the dead mutiple times in a round. This is both much closer to capturing the feel of scp-682, and also makes him stand out more when compared to scp-096. 

SCP-939:

-Attack now instant kills from behind. 

-Has the ability to sprint for short periods of time.

-Is able to pickup and talk over a radio.

-No longer disguised as a researcher.

-Non-behind attacks only deal 25 instead of 50

Reasoning:

SCP-939 also barely feels like the actual SCP-939. While its in a fine spot gameplay wise, it is incredibly bizarre to look at. Not only is he magically disguising as people(An ability scp-939 completely lacks as all it is capable of doing is mimic voices), but he lacks any of the fear or power that SCP-939 is said to have.(SCP-939's main way of killing prey is via a single bite to the back of the neck instantly killing the victim). While I am hesitant to make more scps who are capable to instant kill, the limitation of needing to do it from behind and the removal of scp-939's disguise should help to balance this factor out.

AS scp-682 no longer has the sprint(in regards to this overhaul, that is), it is now put onto scp-939 where it makes much more sense(the scp-939 instances sprint after the player after they are alerted in SCP:CB). This allows him to catch up to fleeing players and possibly capitalize on his instant kill attack from behind outside of purely ambush situations. As the current scp-939 model is way smaller than the old one, it is much easier and practical for scp-939 to try to hide and ambush people, or 'lure' people into traps with his voice mimicry. 

However, another major problem scp-939 had previously before being given the disguise was how useless the mimic would be, as it would only work in short range  and would usually be incredibly obvious as a result of this. 'HEY, IM A RESEARCHER, CAN YOU COME HELP ME OVER HERE? NO I WON'T COME OUT AND MEET YOU, YOU COME IN AND MEET ME!". Allowing SCP-939 to use a radio allows his mimic ability to be a lot more useful by itself, and isn't necessarily 'lore breaking'(939s are implied to be a lot more intelligent than they look, and it doesnt require much effort to use a radio, even if you don't have 'hands' persay). This also solves the problem of guards randomly shooting scientists to ensure they aren't scp-939. This annoyed people and was hard to deal with as staff.

Alright, so this is a good suggestion it's just there are some things I do not support.

I'm going to say the things I don't support and why I think this way.

Let's start with 049

So it says how 049 has normal human speed and it can pick up items and use them.

Alright, you know SCP-378? Imagine that but with 049 that can convert people to an 049-2, and can pick up keycards, guns, etc.

With this change, 049 would just be a better 378. And yes, 378 controls bodies but what's the point of having something that controls bodies when there is something else that can have a permanent body with the same feats as 378 but better?

Next, 682

Alright so 682 can respawn 4 minutes after death, replaced sprint with an new ability to reduce all damage for a certain period of time, and killing someone gives 200 health and a speed boost for a certain amount of time.

So 682 has one of the highest base health in Breach and now it can respawn 3 times per round but has to wait 4 minutes.

With these new guns using so much ammo in such a short period of time, people would most likely run out of ammo if their trying to take down all of 682's respawns.

And that 682 reducing damage for a short period of time means it's going to be even harder to kill 682 completely.

And the last one, 939

So the changes suggested for SCP-939 is for 939 to:

Hold a Radio

Sprint

Instant Kill if the victim is attacked from behind

Cannot disguise anymore

So, 939 holding a radio... It doesn't even have arms.

I don't have a problem with 939 being able to instant kill if attacking from behind

or the sprint but... 939 holding a radio... 939 holding a radio... 939 holding a radio... 939 HOLDING A RADIO... 939 HOLDING A RADIO...!

Now that it isn't disguised anymore and with it's big playermodel, it's going to be very difficult for 939 to get surprise booty grabs on anymore.

And with 939 holding a radio.... You know, I would of been more fine with it holding a radio if it had arms... And you know when it had arms? When it was disguised.

Also don't take the things I say seriously, it's just my opinion.

5 hours ago, Cpt.Haxray said:

nigga

I've always imagined that if SCP-939 ever got significantly changed that it would borrow the highlight mechanic from SCP-2521.

Maybe players close to 939 are highlighted red for 939, idk. It's useful to quickly deduce where that last player is hiding, and makes 939 feel more like, well, 939.

Posted  Edited by Supreme leader 049
12 hours ago, Cpt.Haxray said:

SCP-173 can mark a location and can teleport to that spot at a later point,

Hmm

12 hours ago, Cpt.Haxray said:

Right click costs half of his max HP and spawns a clone equal to the HP cost

HMM

Anyways most of  these are great except some. I think 049 should only be able to pick up pistols for balance, and to make him different from 378. I also think 682 shouldn't respawn because he already has enough health and he can heal I'd take out the respawn and replace his walking speed with 457's speed. The rest is great +1

Edited by Supreme leader 049

about 939 though perhaps we should make him able to disguise but he disguises as whatever researcher or d class skin the player has equipped that way people dont just rat out one particular skin as 939 but i like the whole 939 on the radio thing

spartan-737 of the UNSC

Untitled.png.fedd8770f6c536347870db66beb82e4a.png

Posted  Edited by Sprinklingmydoughnut - Edit Reason: Spelling/Grammatical errors

Im all for making the scps more interesting and balanced. My favorites are 049,457 and 939. I personally think 106 is in the same boat as 966 and should have his health reduced but get a new ability. Overall fingers-crossed for at least some elements of this suggestion and Doomnack's sound suggestion to be implemented. 

+1

Edited by Sprinklingmydoughnut
Spelling/Grammatical errors

5 hours ago, Sprinklingmydoughnut said:

Im all for making the scps more interesting and balanced. My favorites are 049,457 and 939. I personally think 106 is in the same boat as 966 and should have his health reduced but get a new ability. Overall fingers-crossed for at least some elements of this suggestion and Doomnack's sound suggestion to be implemented. 

+1

Derp. I forgot what i wanted to post for 106 and left him out.

But I believe it was allowing him to cover the floor with his black tar as 'traps' to bring people to the pocket if they touch it as well as slowing them and doing damage while standing in it(His 'black mold' is incredibly caustic), and making it so he only bring speople to the pocket a single time, and the next time he attacks them he just kills them.

And to go through this clusterfuck of thread replies...

11 hours ago, Maximino007 said:

Alright, so this is a good suggestion it's just there are some things I do not support.

Let's start with 049

So it says how 049 has normal human speed and it can pick up items and use them.

Alright, you know SCP-378? Imagine that but with 049 that can convert people to an 049-2, and can pick up keycards, guns, etc.

With this change, 049 would just be a better 378. And yes, 378 controls bodies but what's the point of having something that controls bodies when there is something else that can have a permanent body with the same feats as 378 but better?

Except for the fact:

-SCP-049 needs to find items instead of instantly getting them like 378 does when he takes over someone.

-Doesn't have a disguise when taking a body like 378 does

-Has less health than 378 does.

-378 spawns close to people with guns and equipment.

-Doesnt have a tiny hitbox like 378 does

Next, 682

Alright so 682 can respawn 4 minutes after death, replaced sprint with an new ability to reduce all damage for a certain period of time, and killing someone gives 200 health and a speed boost for a certain amount of time.

So 682 has one of the highest base health in Breach and now it can respawn 3 times per round but has to wait 4 minutes.

With these new guns using so much ammo in such a short period of time, people would most likely run out of ammo if their trying to take down all of 682's respawns.

And that 682 reducing damage for a short period of time means it's going to be even harder to kill 682 completely.

Your math is hilariously off here buddy. Remember the round is 12 minutes long. The only way he could get all 3 respawns is if he died instantly after respawning. and I literally mean instantly. And even then the third respawn would be completely moot as he would respawn just as the round ends.

He would at most get a single respawn in a round unless something magical happens in which case he MIGHT get to use a second respawn.

He also is losing almost all of his killing power for these defensive buffs.

And the last one, 939

Hold a Radio

Sprint

Cannot disguise anymore

I don't have a problem with 939 being able to instant kill if attacking from behind

or the sprint but... 939 holding a radio... 939 holding a radio... 939 holding a radio... 939 HOLDING A RADIO... 939 HOLDING A RADIO...!

Now that it isn't disguised anymore and with it's big playermodel, it's going to be very difficult for 939 to get surprise booty grabs on anymore.

And with 939 holding a radio.... You know, I would of been more fine with it holding a radio if it had arms... And you know when it had arms? When it was disguised.

So let me get this straight. You're against him using a radio 'because he doesn't have arms'(Despite the fact he still has 4... uh.. limbs which he could make use of a radio, albeit kinda clunky). But you're for him magically shapeshifting into a dude at will, despite the fact it makes absolutely no sense for 939 to do that.

Also, his player model is not that big, and the radio aspect is to make up for how difficult it is to get backstabs/sneak attacks when you're that big. Also, getting back attacks SHOULD be difficult considering its an instant kill.

7 hours ago, Doomnack said:

I've always imagined that if SCP-939 ever got significantly changed that it would borrow the highlight mechanic from SCP-2521.

Maybe players close to 939 are highlighted red for 939, idk. It's useful to quickly deduce where that last player is hiding, and makes 939 feel more like, well, 939.

I love it i feel like i shoulda included this.

7 hours ago, Supreme leader 049 said:

Hmm

HMM

Anyways most of  these are great except some. I think 049 should only be able to pick up melee weapons for balance, and to make him different from 378. I also think 682 shouldn't respawn because he already has enough health and he can heal I'd take out the respawn and replace his walking speed with 457's speed. The rest is great +1

..... so you want to make 049, who already has an instant kill melee attack that turns people into zombies, only be able to use MELEE WEAPONS?!

682 respawning might be a bit overboard as this is the second complaint i've gotten bout it(yay....), but i dont exactly want to give him 457 walking speed as that would lead to the same situation we have/had with current scp-049, that being a incredibly strong instant kill with no downsides. 

5 minutes ago, Cpt.Haxray said:

..... so you want to make 049, who already has an instant kill melee attack that turns people into zombies, only be able to use MELEE WEAPONS?!

Maybe just pistols

1 hour ago, Cpt.Haxray said:

But I believe it was allowing him to cover the floor with his black tar as 'traps' to bring people to the pocket if they touch it as well as slowing them and doing damage while standing in it(His 'black mold' is incredibly caustic), and making it so he only bring speople to the pocket a single time, and the next time he attacks them he just kills them.

Cool idea, i would definately take a corrosive ability over an op and frankly stupid ability to walk through walls anyday. Also i forgot to ask, how come 173 blinds scps? Is it a coding issue or is it for a certain reason, because it just sounds like a small but still present annoyance to his teammates in my opinion.

Just now, Sprinklingmydoughnut said:

Cool idea, i would definately take a corrosive ability over an op and frankly stupid ability to walk through walls anyday. Also i forgot to ask, how come 173 blinds scps? Is it a coding issue or is it for a certain reason, because it just sounds like a small but still present annoyance to his teammates in my opinion.

Because it blinds everyone else on the map and if it didnt blind his teammates it would be incredibly overpowered for that exact reason alone.

1 hour ago, Cpt.Haxray said:

And to go through this clusterfuck of thread replies...

13 hours ago, Maximino007 said:

Let's start with 049

Except for the fact:

-SCP-049 needs to find items instead of instantly getting them like 378 does when he takes over someone.

-Doesn't have a disguise when taking a body like 378 does

-Has less health than 378 does.

-378 spawns close to people with guns and equipment.

-Doesnt have a tiny hitbox like 378 does

Next, 682

Your math is hilariously off here buddy. Remember the round is 12 minutes long. The only way he could get all 3 respawns is if he died instantly after respawning. and I literally mean instantly. And even then the third respawn would be completely moot as he would respawn just as the round ends.

He would at most get a single respawn in a round unless something magical happens in which case he MIGHT get to use a second respawn.

He also is losing almost all of his killing power for these defensive buffs.

And the last one, 939

Hold a Radio

Sprint

Cannot disguise anymore

So let me get this straight. You're against him using a radio 'because he doesn't have arms'(Despite the fact he still has 4... uh.. limbs which he could make use of a radio, albeit kinda clunky). But you're for him magically shapeshifting into a dude at will, despite the fact it makes absolutely no sense for 939 to do that.

Also, his player model is not that big, and the radio aspect is to make up for how difficult it is to get backstabs/sneak attacks when you're that big. Also, getting back attacks SHOULD be difficult considering its an instant kill.