Joel

Streaming Team.

Posted  Edited by Joel

Hello everyone. 

I'd like to suggest something which has already been done, but could bring some more attention towards GFL as a whole. 
Streaming for GFL would be something which could really help with the community. The teams which could be involved would be:
GFX: Graphics/Designs for peoples streams - Emotes ect.
Events team: Help promote the streamer and bring them into events for streams bringing more attention to the community and the PR side of the community. (More Events Activity as a whole) 
Moderation: Help moderate the streamers chat. Meaning that have more then just moderating discord.(If that's all they do i don't know... sorry if not) - Bringing them closer to the PR team creating communication and fun.
Writing: Writing team would help with the promotional side of the streamer, with social media and community posts letting people know of the events which are taking place. 

Overall, i believe it could be fun and beneficial for the community.  Let me know what you guys think. :) 

Thanks - Joel.

Edited by Joel

76561198130815225.png

8EFBB426-F3D7-4A6C-B409-7372CCCD11F5-1640-000003D5E8AD4561.png

this is epic and if PR ever becomes a true team, I'd love to implement something similar to this!

Director of Divisions and Physion Unturned Division Leader

amongus_AdobeExpress.gif

xQc on GFL Surf 7/16/22

I suppose that would be down to the agreement of the person who is streaming. They should always have a choice if they want to use their own channel or a GFL official channel. Either way with the help of design and promotion throughout the community i could see it working either way. 

Thanks for the question Serenity.

76561198130815225.png

Ive tried to bring this up saying we should start streaming more on GFL twitch, you can also have a team on twitch that looks like this  (first SS) where you can have multiple streamers with that under there name. image.png.611ac0b2130ea965d1b8678c3ddd29ee.png  This is on the page right next to your streaming title and if you click it, it would bring you to this where you can customize it however you want image.thumb.png.78350f73d03356b27f05c530eeaa5142.png

image.jpeg.c5698c2d3670a49d660e08b65bcee65a.jpeg

2 minutes ago, reme leader 049 said:

Why was it removed before 

I'm not too sure, I don't believe it got enough traction as it should. But i believe with the " Teams " support and help it could become a very big part of GFL.

3 minutes ago, JGuary55 said:

Ive tried to bring this up saying we should start streaming more on GFL twitch, you can also have a team on twitch that looks like this  (first SS) where you can have multiple streamers with that under there name. image.png.611ac0b2130ea965d1b8678c3ddd29ee.png  This is on the page right next to your streaming title and if you click it, it would bring you to this where you can customize it however you want image.thumb.png.78350f73d03356b27f05c530eeaa5142.png

This will be very good to help overall streamers and bring everyone together having this option. I didn't even know that was thing! Thanks for bringing it to light!

76561198130815225.png

I like this idea. I'm fairly sure that we used to have a streaming team under Media Team to rotate the streamers back in 2016 (I was even one of them, I used to stream CS:GO Bhop and CS:GO ZE). I don't think it should have a dedicated team of its own, mostly due to it being somewhat complicated but I do see it being fit under the proposed PR revival or under events coordinator team. 

76561198043643390.png

1 minute ago, Ben said:

I like this idea. I'm fairly sure that we used to have a streaming team under Media Team to rotate the streamers back in 2016 (I was even one of them, I used to stream CS:GO Bhop and CS:GO ZE). I don't think it should have a dedicated team of its own, mostly due to it being somewhat complicated but I do see it being fit under the proposed PR revival or under events coordinator team. 

Either section it could be put under. Just think overall it will bring all of the teams together to work on something which in the long run will help GFL. Bringing more people to watch and check out the community and what GFL has to offer. Especially if you include all of the teams, as stated above how they can all help out. With this team/project alone.

Thanks for feedback and replying. :)

76561198130815225.png

Posted  Edited by Blah
2 hours ago, Serenity said:

I like this idea a lot! Question though. Would it be a streamer rotation where whoever is on the streaming team streams to the official GFL twitch or individual channels?

There's always the "Team" option on Twitch, people like DooMClan and big organizations use that feature to show off multiple streamers at once. I really like this idea Joel I think this would be a great feature to implement into GFL

-Blah ❤️ 

Edited by Blah

-Blah ❤️

3 minutes ago, Blah said:

There's always the "Team" option on Twitch, people like DooMClan and big organizations use that feature to show off multiple streamers at once. I really like this idea Joel I think this would be a great feature to implement into GFL

-Blah ❤️ 

Yea, it was stated above. I really like this whole idea :) Would be very cool and a great way to promote GFL.

Achievements

Done stream team about 3 times now, never works out. 

Streamers in gfl dont commit

Never even got a schedule out on the 3rd time. 

Youre wasting your ideas in a community that likes the theory and not the actual thing

Back to inactive jail for you!

10.png

09d0b896183dbff5a60d2b2cc222695d.png

367262534_BOI.png.c132dc31a7816b5ef0a2142c6559bc4c.png

Achievements

It's not a bad idea.

People get very hyped over these good ideas, but it's very hard to implement.  Finding committed people and managing such a team is challenging.  Let's stipulate that GFL does suddenly start a streaming team in some form.  Then what?  They recruit people who say they want to stream and how often do they stream?  I find the answers often lie in very little, close to never, or never.  Can we force them to do it or simply demote people who are inactive?  I think that's too aggressive and does not solve the problem anyways.  I suppose it's true we could say that for any team or idea here.  I bring it up because it seems to happen in this type of team or similar teams in the past (in GFL that is).

I think instead of approaching it as something bigger like a team...  there are two better approaches in my opinion are good baby steps in the right direction, and then it can mature into something official if it shows promise.

1. For anyone who is interested and getting high off of this idea... don't wait for blessings from Staff and the rest of the community.  Start streaming unofficially and including the community on your work and progress.  It might even be a great way to get promoted or be the successful team leader if it does materialize into something.  What's great about it for you is since it was unofficial it does not look like failure if it doesn't work out, and efforts invested there (even in failure) might have a more positive outlook compared to becoming a server manager of a low pop server (risky outlook).
  2. We should take advantage of the teams we already have, and the team that could do something like this is the Events Team.  Make streaming a type of weekly or biweekly type of event and see how it goes.  It's a win-win because you'll improve the events team productivity and you'll be testing the idea out.  Some people have been probing and poking at it and so it doesn't make sense to enact a new team when there is already a team... admittedly not dedicated to streaming... but reasonably capable of hosting such an event as a trial run at the idea.

PoorWDm.png?width=360&height=152

Posted  Edited by Joel
13 minutes ago, RivalRevival said:

Done stream team about 3 times now, never works out. 

Streamers in gfl dont commit

Never even got a schedule out on the 3rd time. 

Youre wasting your ideas in a community that likes the theory and not the actual thing

Back to inactive jail for you!

Hi, I understand it’s a long shot. I’m trying to get into streaming myself. It’s not always about committing and I think that’s where people have gone wrong. If people want to commit to it so be it. But even if someone just streams an event anything will help promote the community. Try looking at it from an outsider prospective. There currently is barely any advertisements for the community. People randomly join a server which is full and then find the community. Maybe starting off small and branching out will help. 

advertisement and running ad campaign  to  help GFL’s player base a lot more. Which the teams can do. It’s all about marketing and GFL lacks a lot of marketing when promoting stuff.

Edited by Joel

76561198130815225.png

1 hour ago, Joel said:

Hi, I understand it’s a long shot. I’m trying to get into streaming myself. It’s not always about committing and I think that’s where people have gone wrong. If people want to commit to it so be it. But even if someone just streams an event anything will help promote the community. Try looking at it from an outsider prospective. There currently is barely any advertisements for the community. People randomly join a server which is full and then find the community. Maybe starting off small and branching out will help. 

advertisement and running ad campaign  to  help GFL’s player base a lot more. Which the teams can do. It’s all about marketing and GFL lacks a lot of marketing when promoting stuff.

As someone who streams for money:

The algorithm refuses to let small channels get publicity unless its extremely active and growing exponentially.

Its a good idea but it'll never take the shape you want it to here. 

10.png

09d0b896183dbff5a60d2b2cc222695d.png

367262534_BOI.png.c132dc31a7816b5ef0a2142c6559bc4c.png

Achievements

Posted  Edited by TheJitFace

I have been streaming for a while now, almost a year. I started being consistent about 2 months ago, it is very difficult to be motivated sometimes. Having people dedicate their time for just GFL could be very hard. For me, I wouldn't stream for GFL because I want to do my own thing. I also couldn't pull any content from the servers. 

"You're wasting your ideas in a community that likes the theory and not the actual thing" 

I have never seen anything more accurate than that line ^

The community loves to hype every new thing up saying "oh I will definitely commit and do it for sure" 

Me personally, I would probably never watch someone streaming a GFL server or watch a stream from the GFL channel. I would probably check it out, but not stick around too long. To be fair, I don't prefer watching streams in the first place, but still. 

Joel, I think you should start streaming, but on your own channel not affiliated with GFL. You can grow big by yourself because if you manage to get the GFL channel big, what do you get in return?

Edited by TheJitFace

jitticus

1 hour ago, TheJitFace said:

I have been streaming for a while now, almost a year. I started being consistent about 2 months ago, it is very difficult to be motivated sometimes. Having people dedicate their time for just GFL could be very hard. For me, I wouldn't stream for GFL because I want to do my own thing. I also couldn't pull any content from the servers. 

"You're wasting your ideas in a community that likes the theory and not the actual thing" 

I have never seen anything more accurate than that line ^

The community loves to hype every new thing up saying "oh I will definitely commit and do it for sure" 

Me personally, I would probably never watch someone streaming a GFL server or watch a stream from the GFL channel. I would probably check it out, but not stick around too long. To be fair, I don't prefer watching streams in the first place, but still. 

Joel, I think you should start streaming, but on your own channel not affiliated with GFL. You can grow big by yourself because if you manage to get the GFL channel big, what do you get in return?

Hey Jit, I understand, I just think it could be a good idea for promotion of the community. I would use my own account and if the community likes the idea I have suggested I wouldn’t mind using the GFL official account for events. As I have no interest in anything else’s at the moment within GFL. I suggested the idea to @Salad about bringing the teams together for a PR rival, which I tried to do when I was council. But this particular idea just focuses on advertisement and promotional side of GFL. For events. So that all the current teams could work on a project together and bring them together. Having projects where all teams work together encourages team work which lacks in a big community some times. If it was something which will possible happen. I would like to be involved in it. In regards every time  it was done there was pressure on a schedule which not everyone can do including myself but now I can with a national lockdown. But people will feel pressured to stream which takes the fun out of doing it. 

76561198130815225.png

12 minutes ago, Joel said:

Hey Jit, I understand, I just think it could be a good idea for promotion of the community. I would use my own account and if the community likes the idea I have suggested I wouldn’t mind using the GFL official account for events. As I have no interest in anything else’s at the moment within GFL. I suggested the idea to @Salad about bringing the teams together for a PR rival, which I tried to do when I was council. But this particular idea just focuses on advertisement and promotional side of GFL. For events. So that all the current teams could work on a project together and bring them together. Having projects where all teams work together encourages team work which lacks in a big community some times. If it was something which will possible happen. I would like to be involved in it. In regards every time  it was done there was pressure on a schedule which not everyone can do including myself but now I can with a national lockdown. But people will feel pressured to stream which takes the fun out of doing it. 

Yea I see what you mean. Good luck with all that! Let me know if you need a stream advisor lmao, me and @brycemalson07got that affiliate yk

jitticus