Ben

GFL Newsletter - May 2018

I'm really happy you guys have finally moved forward with the newsletter.

I have mixed feelings of it being posted as an image.  I think the image idea is great because you can easily begin using it for newsletters elsewhere without dealing with the format (see if places like RSOF is okay and other external websites we're using for advertising); however: I think I prefer text based posted with the PDF link on the bottom when it comes to our own forums.  Another thing that kind of irked me is it's too small for me to read directly, and so I suspect other people might have this issue too.

ZmnZtyp.png

Should you continue using the image, then I would use larger font or make the image larger.  I would definitely do it if you're posting it elsewhere- you want it to be easy for people to look at it; otherwise: They wont.  Treat it like a resume.

A few odd things I noticed... and I'm hoping it's not the template, but the background wasn't completely filled or it's an odd style (too much going on).

yK1IZBY.png

PoorWDm.png?width=360&height=152

Just now, Joshy said:

I'm really happy you guys have finally moved forward with the newsletter.

I have mixed feelings of it being posted as an image.  I think the image idea is great because you can easily begin using it for newsletters elsewhere without dealing with the format (see if places like RSOF is okay and other external websites we're using for advertising); however: I think I prefer text based posted with the PDF link on the bottom when it comes to our own forums.  Another thing that kind of irked me is it's too small for me to read directly, and so I suspect other people might have this issue too.

ZmnZtyp.png

Should you continue using the image, then I would use larger font or make the image larger.  I would definitely do it if you're posting it elsewhere- you want it to be easy for people to look at it; otherwise: They wont.  Treat it like a resume.

A few odd things I noticed... and I'm hoping it's not the template, but the background wasn't completely filled or it's an odd style (too much going on).

yK1IZBY.png

We're going to be using something like pages in the future

71CFA5EE-923C-4740-ACF4-508B753C9AD7.png.92a0d40c0fa7773f71fea2453f581d16.png

(signature made by @Kaylode)

Previously known as Xy.

Twitter ❤️Ko-Fi ❤️Github

IMG_0248.jpg

ben_mixed_opinions.png

3 minutes ago, Joshy said:

For this, I can say that this will be improved in June's newsletter. Everything at its beginning isn't always perfect. At least, we're finally making this a thing.

76561198043643390.png

12 minutes ago, Xy_ said:

yK1IZBY.png

Yeah, it kind of glitched when I made it from a Photoshop file to a Photoshop PDF. This is because of my current Photoshop version being outdated and not completely compatible with converting PSD->PDF. We promise that the next newsletter will be better than before!

de247ln-88ce2fb2-8f7c-4f43-b129-1e2919f9

Damn those resignations suck, but things will get better in the future.

CWRP is exciting and I'll probably spend a lot of time on there.

[Former] GMod Jailbreak Admin (Shut Down)

[Former] GMod Prop Hunt Admin (Resigned)

[Former] GMod Hns T-Admin (Resigned)

[Former] GMod Skill Surf T-Admin (Shut Down)

Violator.PNG

here_bb.PNG.0a6beee6881d8cae5efdb143016a2825.PNG