rapperdan

Op's need a rank

When ever I look on the forums there is no op rank, so say a new person comes on the forums and sees a member has powers on the server? well I'm going to become a member so I can get powers on the server aswell. all in all it just causes confusion for there to be no op rank on the forums, also I think op's should start getting source bans accounts so people can see who muted them and others can see who muted who instead of just seeing console muted so and so.

Achievements

Posted  Edited by Xy_
5 minutes ago, rapperdan said:

When ever I look on the forums there is no op rank, so say a new person comes on the forums and sees a member has powers on the server? well I'm going to become a member so I can get powers on the server aswell. all in all it just causes confusion for there to be no op rank on the forums, also I think op's should start getting source bans accounts so people can see who muted them and others can see who muted who instead of just seeing console muted so and so.

Forgive me, I'm not a CSGO guy, but it sounds like OPs don't ban anyone, if that's true, Would there be a way to prevent them from using source bans to submit web bans? I can definitely see how it would be beneficial to give these users a forum/in game rank.

Edited by Xy_

71CFA5EE-923C-4740-ACF4-508B753C9AD7.png.92a0d40c0fa7773f71fea2453f581d16.png

(signature made by @Kaylode)

Previously known as Xy.

Twitter ❤️Ko-Fi ❤️Github

IMG_0248.jpg

ben_mixed_opinions.png

Just now, Xy_ said:

Forgive me, I'm not a CSGO guy, but it sounds like OPs don't ban anyone, if that's true, Would there be a way to prevent them from using source bans to submit web bans?

yes you don't assign them to a server and they won't get ban powers but comms will be tracked.

Achievements

Posted  Edited by GR1FF1N

I believe that OPs should be given source ban accounts but not the permissions in such to ban, for example. I'm a OP and I have a source ban account but I only can use it to track mutes and gags that I have issued, if that makes sense. 

Edited by GR1FF1N

servers

css/csgo op = gmod trial admin

forums

css/csgo op (member/donator) = gmod trial admin (server admin)

I hope you guys understand what I was trying to say, they're pretty much the same thing except at least they have a rank. But although, I'm a bit effy on this part. I mean I'm not against it but I'm also not for it, due to the reasoning of sourcebans.

pfs.gif.0454852536d8143a5e368e9f7a24a8a4.gif

credits to @Clavers

Achievements

12 hours ago, Bae said:

servers

css/csgo op = gmod trial admin

forums

css/csgo op (member/donator) = gmod trial admin (server admin)

I hope you guys understand what I was trying to say, they're pretty much the same thing except at least they have a rank. But although, I'm a bit effy on this part. I mean I'm not against it but I'm also not for it, due to the reasoning of sourcebans.

Having a sourcebans accounts allows people to see mutes and gags issued by op's you can set it up so they don't have the power to ban.

Achievements

15 hours ago, rapperdan said:

well I'm going to become a member so I can get powers on the server aswell.

Normally anyone with extra power, such as an operator, are listed on the server's staff list. I highly doubt that people request membership because they can get operator powers since operators have an "Operator" tag on the server as opposed to member, distinguishing the two "ranks". However, this idea might have some potential so I've put it in the GFL Staff's discord to see what they think.

11f4263ab6c30a3489f8db3145340861.png

So everyone is listing their former stuff so I'll just be cool and list mine :3

Former @HackingPotato's White Knight and Boss Former Director Former TF2 Division Leader Former Community Advisor Former TF2 Technical Administrator Former TF2 Server Manager Former TF2 Trial Manager Former TF2 Admin Former TF2 Revivalist Former TF2 Player Former TF2 God Former Media Leaderish Former somewhat Media team person Former VIP Former Supporter Former Member Former TF2 Player Former Player

Just now, Snoopy said:

Normally anyone with extra power, such as an operator, are listed on the server's staff list. I highly doubt that people request membership because they can get operator powers since operators have an "Operator" tag on the server as opposed to member, distinguishing the two "ranks". However, this idea might have some potential so I've put it in the GFL Staff's discord to see what they think.

tyvm

Achievements

I would have to disagree with a forum rank, being not all servers do this and we would have to make them stay active over the forums and that is not what the rank was about, on my servers for one.

I see no point other then them being listed under the admin list.

I'm the cs:s Division Leader

feel free to ask for help

• 2 weeks later...