rapperdan

How the forum order should be.

5 minutes ago, Joshy said:

Why should the order change?  I don't understand it or maybe I missed a joke?

look in the spoiler devs I'm pretty sure should be above managers if not admins.

More so a chain of command.

Achievements

2 minutes ago, rapperdan said:

look in the spoiler devs I'm pretty sure should be above managers if not admins.

More so a chain of command.

I saw the spoiler and the changes you made, but why should it change?  Is your answer to match the chain of command?  I wasn't aware of Developers having higher "authority" than Server Managers neither Creative Team over VIP.  Is this something new, and why would it even matter?

PoorWDm.png?width=360&height=152

Posted  Edited by QiadoxSkel

-1 CA not below member

chill guys this was a joke

Edited by QiadoxSkel

Former CSGO Deathrun Admin

Former CSGO TTT Manager

Just now, Joshy said:

I saw the spoiler and the changes you made, but why should it change?  Is your answer to match the chain of command?  I wasn't aware of Developers having higher "authority" than Server Managers neither Creative Team over VIP.  Is this something new, and why would it even matter?

The creative team and VIP was a joke anyways devs should be higher then managers if not managers put them higher then admins.

Achievements

Posted  Edited by Joshy
5 minutes ago, rapperdan said:

The creative team and VIP was a joke anyways devs should be higher then managers if not managers put them higher then admins.

They really should scrap the developer position.  There aren't any, they aren't recruiting, and they declined when I offered to revive the team while I was a community advisor.  It seems they only want to save that position for a trusted group, and if they're trusted, then they'll be sent to the technical administrator position anyways.  Developer is redundant and server managers often have to be their own developer or the server admins within their team.

While I was a developer (old forums) we did not have higher authority than server admins.  We just had technical talent.  In my current field: Technical talent has massive value and it often shields us from authority and administrative processes; however: It also does not give us authority.  I cannot go around and tell someone what to do unless it's related to safety.

I think this is a useless change and it only reinforces an appeal to authority fallacy.  It's just further decoration.

Edited by Joshy

PoorWDm.png?width=360&height=152

2 minutes ago, Joshy said:

They really should scrap the developer position.  There aren't any, they aren't recruiting, and they declined when I offered to revive the team while I was a community advisor.  It seems they only want to save that position for a trusted group, and if they're trusted, then they'll be sent to the technical administrator position anyways.  Developer is redundant and server managers often have to be their own developer or the server admins within their team.

While I was a developer (old forums) we did not have higher authority than server admins.  We just had technical talent.  In my current field: Technical talent has massive value and it often shields us from authority and administrative processes; however: It also does not give us authority.  I cannot go around and tell someone what to do unless it's related to safety.

I think this is a useless change and it only reinforces an appeal to authority fallacy.  It's just further decoration.

You just gave me a great suggestion.

Achievements

When I looked at what position best suited me for fixing up TTT I looked at developer and saw no practical reason to take up the position. There was no tangible benefit over just being a  member that tests their plugins with a manager. Put this on top of the position seemingly being harder to get than manager it's easy to see why no one holds it.

Former CSGO Deathrun Admin

Former CSGO TTT Manager

1 hour ago, Shuruia said:

The order is fine as it is. You don't have to look at it from a "chain of command" perspective, since the ranks are grouped together based on which category they fall under.

bvXayuW.png

Red = Higher echelons

Cyan = Server operation

Pink = Auxiliary teams

White = Player tiers

The only rank that I think would overlap two categories is technical administrator, which I suppose you could argue should also fall under the red category. You could also say that division leaders should fall under the blue category, but their role in the community isn't supposed to be inherently limited to mere server operation.

From what I thought and believe:

8965edebe34cf.png

White: Staff

Blue: People who aren't staff, but help and volunteer their time taking care of GFL's server

Yellow: Teams

Gray: Member and players.

Anything above TA is technically staff since Managers doesn't have badges, but they are just higher-ups(which it keeps messing my mind). 

Pardon me for using cancerous line thick. I'm confused when I use ShareX.

76561198043643390.png

4 hours ago, Shuruia said:

The order is fine as it is. You don't have to look at it from a "chain of command" perspective, since the ranks are grouped together based on which category they fall under.

bvXayuW.png

Red = Higher echelons

Cyan = Server operation

Pink = Auxiliary teams

White = Player tiers

The only rank that I think would overlap two categories is technical administrator, which I suppose you could argue should also fall under the red category. You could also say that division leaders should fall under the blue category, but their role in the community isn't supposed to be inherently limited to mere server operation.

So why is Community advisor not in player tiers, i mean they act like it xD

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: $943 ($530 with sales)
  • Games owned: 174
  • Games played: 112 (64%)
  • Hours on record: 5,797.5h

Posted  Edited by rapperdan
14 minutes ago, lmao said:

So why is Community advisor not in player tiers, i mean they act like it xD

You're welcome I removed the CA group then added it to the end of the groups fucking @QiadoxSkel asked me to do this before and it took me less then 5 minutes yet was cancer you guys are welcome. 6EDNEW0PRKWamFqlThzsLg.png inspect element is fun.

Edited by rapperdan

Achievements

17 minutes ago, rapperdan said:

You're welcome I removed the CA group then added it to the end of the groups fucking @QiadoxSkel asked me to do this before and it took me less then 5 minutes yet was cancer you guys are welcome. 6EDNEW0PRKWamFqlThzsLg.png inspect element is fun.

This is why dan should be director instead of roy like #fuckroy

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: $943 ($530 with sales)
  • Games owned: 174
  • Games played: 112 (64%)
  • Hours on record: 5,797.5h

14 minutes ago, Fx280 said:

I think this is more accurate

6EDNEW0PRKWamFqlThzsLg.png

Did you really just take the time and effort to photo shop something on the end instead of just using inspect element?

Achievements

1 minute ago, rapperdan said:

Did you really just take the time and effort to photo shop something on the end instead of just using inspect element?

no i used paint :kappa:

Posted  Edited by rapperdan
12 minutes ago, Fx280 said:

no i used paint :kappa:

How to use inspect element in under 1 minute for the same results. 

Please ignore my book marks they may be abit old.

Edited by rapperdan

Achievements