whim4life

Vote & Map Nominations on ZE

Posted  Edited by whim4life

I would like to comment on the message display for the vote nominations on ze server. Is there any way you can hide the map that the player has chosen? If yes, then IMO I want to add the temporary silence for 1 min during the map vote. They did that on certain servers. I think this will be useful for players who like to play fun and challenging maps.

Feel free to comment about my suggestion. 

Regards.

Edited by whim4life

When admins are on, I've been seeing them institute a mute so players can vote freely without mic-spammed input.

But I think a console mandated silence would be nice. (I think this is what you're asking for...?)

With no admins on, the voting process can get very.... annoying.

GIF.gif

37c6a160ff76e7ef7db4db7df0d50dc3.png

9d668bb6162aaa048432fe2935d30458.png

129ef22cb8471b6c808a1ce582f493aa.png

7f018283383ed2d1d0bd4cafeb1e87ac.png

bce96f456cff8113e7d9e5c2c6f65fff.png

v1.png

I have seen alot of bad maps picked because of people wanting to follow others who are "crowd leaders"

So say I go on too that server and depending on the people on I could use reverse psychology or if the people who are on like me I could just say the map I want and it will be picked. So what I am saying is this is with out a doubt a issue of favoritism in other words picking maps for people while they are mostly bad maps. now on a side note there is the case where maps should be extended here is my concern people voting for another map because they "beat a lvl which is not the last lvl or they see another map that looks cool and instead of extending they pick something else due to being new to the game" now here is another concern when globaly silencing would that not over ride the current mutes say so and so is perma muted would he not be unmuted when the time is up?

Achievements

Posted  Edited by Vinz

i don;t know why in pos and GFL so different. in pos when voting map so silence no spam mic. GFL always spam mic like 4 4 4 or 5 5 5 5 or no 5 is bad map and bla bla . i think is better to mute for 1 minute every time we vote map + we must hide the voting like whim say . 

Edited by Vinz

This idea works on some maps, but on try hard maps that's muting the leader as well. I don't see why we cant just mute the individuals instead of the whole server.

25 minutes ago, Block said:

This idea works on some maps, but on try hard maps that's muting the leader as well. I don't see why we cant just mute the individuals instead of the whole server.

Because by the time the admins can mute the cancer, they have already mic spammed enough to get them to vote for it...A lot of our population are newer players who don't know most of the maps and will listen to any jackass with a mic. 

Mute @all 1 works well, I typically do it right before the vote. We used to be able to do temporary mutes, but they don't work anymore. So we have to do one minute, instead.

To clarify, before we could do /mute @all and it would mute everyone for the "session" or until we /unmute @all. Now if we try that it mutes everyone for 30minutes, and we can't /unmute @all.

This has been an issue since the new SB.

m8YD3waBSPCsYzvwLDcj_donald%20trump%20el

Posted  Edited by Crusty

+1 Whim. Let the people pick the maps freely without anyone putting it in their heads to vote for a certain map. #AllVotesMatter

Edited by Crusty

etLqFFt.gif

Achievements

I think that an automatic 1 minute mute when voting for maps is a great idea, and I'm saying this as somebody who frequently tells people to vote for specific maps. I just do it because other people do it, otherwise a map I might want has no chance over somebody spamming to get votes to play Jurassic or such for the millionth time. If we eliminate the spamming for maps and maps begin to be chosen by the individual and not by peer pressure, then I'm all for it.

This is a great idea. This server's map rotations always seems to revolve around the same 10 maps. We have so many different maps uploaded and the server doesn't really seem to take advantage of it.

Posted  Edited by Vinz
4 hours ago, reduct said:

This is a great idea. This server's map rotations always seems to revolve around the same 10 maps. We have so many different maps uploaded and the server doesn't really seem to take advantage of it.

actualy the best to do for always different map we must limit nomination, example in pos people can;t always nominate because need 1000 point for each to nominate, thats why when vote map always random 7 map from server map . but i don;t know limit nomination will be good idea in GFL or not.

Edited by Vinz

alright i would be fine with an automatic 1 minute wide silence but i've lost rounds due to it coinciding with an important mechanic leaders are unable to call out. Also, people would just spam one minute before the nominations or plant seeds in the server by saying platformer ready or jurassic ready or gris ready or whatever ready. People would easily adapt to that. I feel like this some of this is also rooted in how we have like 100 maps but a 15 map gap before you can replay something.  I'd say for one week try out something like a 25-30 map gap between nominations and see how that would affect the player base. I feel like if it goes according to plan that map diversity would skyrocket, especially in regards to the easier 5-10 minute ZE levels. I think that the ZE server is strong enough to try something like that. 

Or we could permasilence fidler. bernie bernie bernie

Posted  Edited by PB-n-J
15 hours ago, 850whodie said:

Or we could permasilence fidler. bernie bernie bernie

+1

I do like Whodies idea about extending out the nominations for recently played maps. As an alternative, this would work too.

Edited by PB-n-J

GIF.gif

37c6a160ff76e7ef7db4db7df0d50dc3.png

9d668bb6162aaa048432fe2935d30458.png

129ef22cb8471b6c808a1ce582f493aa.png

7f018283383ed2d1d0bd4cafeb1e87ac.png

bce96f456cff8113e7d9e5c2c6f65fff.png

v1.png

Posted  Edited by Aurelien

This idea is great, considering that there is nothing to a small bit of diversity of maps on the server. What i mean, is that some noobs is mic spamming to vote for a commonly overused map, which gets annoying because, people actually listen to them. That leads to people voting for overused maps commonly and leads to the maps getting boring.

(Please mute all so we can decide for ourselves when voting).

Edited by Aurelien

FOUR!

af02fa7937e52e213e7ae229a9245274.png.36b1e74241a2a2d661636a590b0bc367.png

Achievements

I think Whim is talking about hiding the whole map vote in the middle of the screen that shows which maps people are voting for. I wouldn't mind seeing this happen along with the silence so there is no "swaying" of votes. Now, even with the silence, people can see the same maps getting all the votes and they just go along with the crowd. The vote counter is just as bad as the mic spammers imo.

Just want to add some things.

During the new map change, I've noticed that the nomination had been max out even before the 1st round ends. Some players had that experience and vice versa. Is it have anything to do with the server? Or is it some kind of bug/glitch?

Regards.

And yet yelling "VOTE 4 VOTE 4 NEW MAP" is such an integral part of playing zombie escape.

I don't know... I can feel the passion a player has for a particular map from his screams "VOOOOOTE 4", damn, he really must love that map at slot 4!

I guess that many people are annoyed by these screams and god damn they are right. Maybe give it test period? See how the crowd reacts. But keep an open mind <3

This terminal is mocking me.png

server has 3/4~(or less) of newbies who has no knowledge of the mod for at least every map rotation and thoughtlessly pick the top 3 maps given in that order.

it will be  a good idea to add notes on #1 and #2 instead, citing to carefully choose what map u want to play... and extend the nomination numbers til 9.

Or we can just scramble the map votes for each player.

For Example. On nomination #2 Mia Khalifa has the map Frostdrake and Alexis Texas has Wanderers Palace. So when loud mouth is shouting "Vote for 222222" they each pick something different.

etLqFFt.gif

Achievements

On 7/22/2016 at 5:06 PM, Crusty said:

Or we can just scramble the map votes for each player.

For Example. On nomination #2 Mia Khalifa has the map Frostdrake and Alexis Texas has Wanderers Palace. So when loud mouth is shouting "Vote for 222222" they each pick something different.

wouldn't change a thing. they'd just scream "vote wanderers" or "vote frostdrake"