Bae

[VOTING] Art of the Month: March

AOTM Voting  

103 members have voted

1. 1. Who's animation was the best in your opinion?

• rapperdan
    • Faex
    • supercon99
    • WafflyDino

This poll is closed to new votes

Posted  Edited by Bae

ART OF THE MONTH: MARCH

Brought to you by the GFL Creative Team

Welcome to the fouth Art of the Month (AOTM) contest. If you need to read over the rules and guidelines, refer to this thread:

The theme of this month was animation Below will be listed of our entries participants animations:

849c778a0e049d6d2cf44360fbdf5476.gif 

@rapperdan

" I call it - 420 MLG HARDSCOPE FLIP SHOT YAAAAAAAA BOOOOOIIII "

gif.gif

@Faex

" I refuse to let Dan win by default
This is what I have as a WIP. It was supposed to be the same as that one dance except he falls down and accidentally does the split, ruining his testies. "

ezgif_com_crop__1__by_notajellybean-db38

This poll will lock on April 11th and the winner will be announced the following day. Good luck to the few that entered!

Edited by Bae

pfs.gif.0454852536d8143a5e368e9f7a24a8a4.gif

credits to @Clavers

Achievements

• Bae pinned this topic

I might as well post my reason why I voted so it won't be like biased.

I voted supercon99 because it was funny and the animation was good. But I also like waffly's art except sadly I can't vote two art. But I have a taste for animation and it didn't flow through. 

( ditto )

credits to @Clavers

Achievements

Posted  Edited by Finnick

I voted for @WafflyDino because it actually looks pretty cool with the star eye,  although the ears don't really flow and could use more accurate in-betweens, it's still very impressive.

I hope you actually finish it, it looks good :^)

Edit: and another reason why I vote WafflyDino, is because it actually took effort, rather than playing a video game and making a gif out of a "good sniper shot"

Edited by Finnick

Adonie Had To Do It To Em by InvalidQuestionBeanie Pup Finnick YCH by InvalidQuestion

Achievements

If you guys are voting Dan because you're bias, it will not count.

You are also supposed to explain why you vote those people. If you do not respond your reasoning. I'll assume it's a bias vote. Meaning, you're voting just because you want him to win.

This isn't all about winning, it's about what artwork you like. I will be strict on the upcoming contest now. Anyone without an artist talent will not be able to enter in the voting. This is for April and ongoing.

credits to @Clavers

Achievements

Posted  Edited by rapperdan
3 minutes ago, Bae said:

If you guys are voting Dan because you're bias, it will not count.

You are also supposed to explain why you vote those people. If you do not respond your reasoning. I'll assume it's a bias vote. Meaning, you're voting just because you want him to win.

This isn't all about winning, it's about what artwork you like. I will be strict on the upcoming contest now. Anyone without an artist talent will not be able to enter in the voting. This is for April and ongoing.

So people can't vote for me? seems abit biased that you need to comment on why you voted for me but you don't need to comment if you voted for someone else?

Edited by rapperdan

Achievements

Just now, rapperdan said:

So people can't vote for me?

They can vote for you if they explain why. Because that's the original way of voting. Not my way, but qdoggs.

I have received a lot of complaint from a few artist and my team because they don't like how you submit something that's not art. 

So to my conclusion, that is what I believe is the reason why people stopped entering. 

Technically it state 'artistic talent' already, I let you slide twice. Because I don't care really, as long artist it fits the theme, but others do care and opinions truly matters for us. Considering, we are the first to actually do award system.

credits to @Clavers

Achievements

Posted  Edited by rapperdan
3 minutes ago, Bae said:

They can vote for you if they explain why. Because that's the original way of voting. Not my way, but qdoggs.

I have received a lot of complaint from a few artist and my team because they don't like how you submit something that's not art. 

So to my conclusion, that is what I believe is the reason why people stopped entering. 

Technically it state 'artistic talent' already, I let you slide twice. Because I don't care really, as long artist it fits the theme, but others do care and opinions truly matters for us. Considering, we are the first to actually do award system.

Quick thing how is it not art. I mean I could nail a hotdog to a wooden plank and it could be considered art. art is a subjective term and is in the eye of the viewer.

Edited by rapperdan

Achievements

1 minute ago, rapperdan said:

Refresh

I'll let you slide this one since this is the second one. Technically it's the third but the first one was managed by qdogg.

But next time please submit actual art

credits to @Clavers

Achievements

Posted  Edited by iPro

I voted for @WafflyDino due to the fact of having put effort into it, and not just clipping a video to try to win.

Edited by iPro

Posted  Edited by kenny

I voted for Dan for having to be the only serious competitor in this competition the rest ridiculous. Dan should win by default of him gracing us with his art for free.

Edited by kenny

Achievements

Maybe next time make the creators  anonymous, and just have the artwork listed under some sort of number format. For example 1. (Artwork) [anonymous creator] 2. (Artwork) [anonymous creator] Etc.

rudepog.PNG.3a1c25f3009ab8e9219ba200ef1a01a5.PNG

1 minute ago, LegendsOfFluff said:

Maybe next time make the creators  anonymous, and just have the artwork listed under some sort of number format. For example 1. (Artwork) [anonymous creator] 2. (Artwork) [anonymous creator] Etc.

That would most definitely remove the bias and allow actual fairness.

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198058101056/

76561198058101056.pngAddFriend.png

"...You do a thing and it becomes the paint others will use on their canvas

of the internet for their memes" - Michael Stevens, Vsauce

2014 - 2020

Thanks for the good times, kings.

Former Global Admin

Achievements

• nocheat featured this topic
  • Bae locked and unpinned this topic