Bae

[VOTING] Art of the Month: March

AOTM Voting  

103 members have voted

1. 1. Who's animation was the best in your opinion?

• rapperdan
    • Faex
    • supercon99
    • WafflyDino

This poll is closed to new votes

Dan's Piece should not be removed nor he have to apologize. It truly is art it shows Humor, Himself, and The Future. The Humor is about how hilarious it is that the body flew from Dan doing a nasty flick. Himself is showing that he is showing something that is from his life that he experienced. The Future is showing that Art has transformed since just paintings being art with our technology we can now take a picture or in Dan's case a GIF to show his creativity and expression. 

The definition of art is: The expression or application of human creative skill and imagination, typically in a visual form such as painting or sculpture, producing works to be appreciated primarily for their beauty or emotional power. via Google

The art Dan uploaded to this contest is appreciated for its beauty. Dan had to do the flick to the guys head and he had to make the GIF. If you cant see that this is art you are either salty that your losing or not a artistic person FACTS.

Achievements

49 minutes ago, kenny said:

Dan's Piece should not be removed nor he have to apologize. It truly is art it shows Humor, Himself, and The Future. The Humor is about how hilarious it is that the body flew from Dan doing a nasty flick. Himself is showing that he is showing something that is from his life that he experienced. The Future is showing that Art has transformed since just paintings being art with our technology we can now take a picture or in Dan's case a GIF to show his creativity and expression. 

The definition of art is: The expression or application of human creative skill and imagination, typically in a visual form such as painting or sculpture, producing works to be appreciated primarily for their beauty or emotional power. via Google

The art Dan uploaded to this contest is appreciated for its beauty. Dan had to do the flick to the guys head and he had to make the GIF. If you cant see that this is art you are either salty that your losing or not a artistic person FACTS.

Cut the bullcrap.

If you wish to talk to me, send me a PM but it's easier to reach me on Steam.

vf05UJb.jpg

Dan seems like a nice guy, I don't really know them well but this doesn't seem fair to myself and the others. 

I spent 5 straight hours working on the basic motions in photoshop it's not even remotely near done. But I still put my time and effort into it. Along with @Faex and @supercon99

we all spent a large amount of time on our submissions. (Give Faex and super some love! They honestly deserved it ;o)

It would be really shitty to lose to a clipping of a game. That's just my opinion :T

Art can come in different forms, that's very true. But using it as an excuse for a gif from a game with little to no effort? That's stretching it really far. Maybe if it was edited just a little to make it more creative and to have more of the artists input? Idk I'm just pitching ideas. :lenny:

Posted  Edited by KAPOW
13 hours ago, Azura said:

@rapperdan you have to stop this or we'll be forced to condemn drastic measures.

We will review the votes and if we find something that's not right you can consider yourself vetoed out of every monthly challenge until you fix your behaviour.

The first thing you can do is to tell everyone you're sorry about what you've done here.

I won't discuss the details unless you want to, and trust me, I can do a bit of shaming.

First of all @Azura Dan is doing nothing at all, it is something he can not control himself. Dan doesn't go around telling people to vote for him just for the "LOLs" or whatever silly reason.  Drastic measures? Seriously? "Fix your behavior". I'm confused on what behavior issues he has done, I would love to hear about how Dan's behavior (related to this topic) is either inappropriate or disrespectful...Dan isn't some evil menace planning to disrupt an Art contest (or whatever you would like to call it). He just decided to put some funny footage of a body going flying and doing a back flip and he thought he should post it as an art display.  In no way is he trying to be disrespectful or show his dominance over others. This isn't even my opinion, it's the truth that Dan has nothing to apologize for that has to do with this Art contest unless you can prove me wrong. The closest thing would be him saying "I apologize for any inconvenience, I did not want others to feel disrespected." which he shouldn't need to say. Regarding the contest, Dan has done nothing wrong and shouldn't be shamed upon just because people enjoy his clips that he believes qualifies as art and I do as well (My Opinion, obviously). I'd much rather you ask the people who vote to take more time to consider others art instead of Dan.

Edited by KAPOW

Posted  Edited by Finnick
15 minutes ago, KAPOW said:

First of all @Azura Dan is doing nothing at all

exactly

least effort

Edited by Finnick

Adonie Had To Do It To Em by InvalidQuestionBeanie Pup Finnick YCH by InvalidQuestion

Achievements

Wow, and here I thought I told you all to stop but your immaturity shows so well.

None of us hate Dan to the point we want him perm ban. We like him as a friend. Hell, I'm his friend but he understands why. You guys are thinking that, we, the creative team are just bullying anyone that has no arertistic talent. First off, it was my decision to allow Dan to enter. It fits the theme. And art is different for everyone. Meaning, you all were taught differently of the meaning of art and animation. Second, do not blame my team for something that we had to change later. I had to change it because every artist was not happy. And lastly, the argument ends here. If you want to continue, please send it in PM to me only. I am the one in charge of the contests. If you want to report me for harassment, go ahead but I can assure you it won't work well.

The fighting ends here. Anymore will be hidden. Thank you all for reading. 

pfs.gif.0454852536d8143a5e368e9f7a24a8a4.gif

credits to @Clavers

Achievements

Posted  Edited by Johaw

@rapperdan's took 0 effort there is body physics on and he hit a shot 

The others are actual animations 

I couldnt decide between the other 3 so i picked at random and @supercon99 won

oh well i guess this is a test of popularity over talent

Edited by Johaw

Achievements

Posted  Edited by PresidentTrump

I voted for @rapperdan, His shot was a thing of beauty. I dream of having a flick that good.  I also appreciate a good csgo awp clip when i see one

Edited by PresidentTrump

*Insert former roles in GFL*

Former Council   

Former Pron Star    

Former Community Advisor  

Former Cinema and DarkRP Manager

Former Hide n Seek and DarkRP Head/Super Admin

Former Purge(x3), EFT, Cinema, DarkRP, Hide n Seek, Prop Hunt Admin

5a7926cb7024a_Kedasludrukeraklelea_07c958_6462531.gif.06f1ecedf1a3463d0ddca230a4ff3f8f.gif

Achievements

Posted  Edited by Bae

Technically, I could get someone more higher up to deal with this. The forum rule still applies (:

If you guys have a problem with the creative team, go complain to the higher ups. They created us. So stop being a salty prick.

If this continue anymore I'll gladly ask them to start warning you if they don't mind doing it. I don't care if it's verbal or literal. Let's just see which one gets through your heads. I have mentioned to stop arguing. But I'll guess you guys don't understand English then.

EDIT

If you're wondering what happen to the posts, it was hidden. (: 

So Stop.

Edited by Bae

pfs.gif.0454852536d8143a5e368e9f7a24a8a4.gif

credits to @Clavers

Achievements

40 minutes ago, kenny said:

This person is mad that they are losing when they uploaded the same thing as Dan a GIF with art. Just because Dan's art is better doesn't mean you got to get mad at everyone who votes for him.

35 minutes ago, kenny said:

People who voted for WafflyDino should of said I voted for WafflyDino because she's a girl.

So why are you still involved with this? I mean, @Bae literally JUST posted about continuing with the drama, and it will lead to a warning on the forums. Seriously. And you ignoring Bae means that you are showing disrespect in which, I hate seeing on this wonderful community. So keep your comments to yourself, and STOP IT!

(I know me posting was probably a bad idea, I just hate someone being disrespected)

de247ln-88ce2fb2-8f7c-4f43-b129-1e2919f9

• nocheat featured this topic
  • Bae locked and unpinned this topic