Bae

[VOTING] Art of the Month: March

AOTM Voting  

103 members have voted

1. 1. Who's animation was the best in your opinion?

• rapperdan
    • Faex
    • supercon99
    • WafflyDino

This poll is closed to new votes

Voted for @WafflyDino because she spent a lot of time on this one. Faex's was also really good.

71CFA5EE-923C-4740-ACF4-508B753C9AD7.png.92a0d40c0fa7773f71fea2453f581d16.png

(signature made by @Kaylode)

Previously known as Xy.

Twitter ❤️Ko-Fi ❤️Github

IMG_0248.jpg

ben_mixed_opinions.png

2 hours ago, Faex said:

That would most definitely remove the bias and allow actual fairness.

2 hours ago, LegendsOfFluff said:

Maybe next time make the creators  anonymous, and just have the artwork listed under some sort of number format. For example 1. (Artwork) [anonymous creator] 2. (Artwork) [anonymous creator] Etc.

That's already a thing, but I cannot make that judgement just like that. It's team decision. It is true that I am in charge of the art contests, but opinion matters most. The big update will be coming soon, so I'll have to add that into it as well.

pfs.gif.0454852536d8143a5e368e9f7a24a8a4.gif

credits to @Clavers

Achievements

My personal vote is going to be @Faex. :) 

I enjoy the creativity on his. ::D: 

GFL Current and Former Positions:

GFL Media Team Graphic Arts

Former GMod Deathrun (US) Senior-Admin

Former GMod Prop Hunt (US) Admin

Former GMod Jailbreak (US) Trial-Admin

Former GMod Breach Admin

Former GMod Hide and Seek Admin

STEAM Profile
YouTube || GFLClan || GameTracker || Discord: Lynx#9968

ZssHI1C.jpg

GUxvRJS.jpg

~Made by the lovely @Rose::x: Thanks. <3

Achievements

I voted Dan because I still wanna kow how he types Nice Shot sooo fucking fast. Come to think of it, who are these other plebs, must be put on to feel wanted. one time he went 0-21 in a match and won. Just FYI. Dont fuck with this guy and his artist mind.

I have formally decided to choose DanRappold or also known as DanM or the DantheRapper  - I creatively came to this outstanding conclusion by realizing that putting effort isn't all that matters, simplicity can also be the intellectual key to success when it comes to art. In my opinion Dan is a very talented and sincere individual and has complete and full respect of others. I feel like as if Dan is taking this very seriously and cares very much for his indescribably talented artistic skills. I feel as if he puts people first before his own well-being and enjoys making others laugh. Art can be defined as many other things, and Dan describes art in his own way which makes his art way more superior and interesting in a variety of ways. Dan is one of the most active people in GFL, and he has numerous beloved fans who follow him throughout his autistic adventures. He may consume caffeine pills, although this does not disrupt his individual artistic attributes. I believe that his autism included with his artistic skills raises awareness throughout GFL and abroad.  He has broads in Atlanta. With Dan being here I believe he can be an evolution towards GFL, with his autism leads him and us to a more evolved human species. Long story short, Dan is one of the most advanced artistic human beings I have witnessed in all of my years in this universe.  Simplicity is key, and sometimes superior. To much effort, can lead to too much cringe. 

@rapperdan Whoever voted for you, have to post their response in why they voted. Your submission is different from everyone else's. Others are actually art that they made. I will only count the comments that's given. If it's a troll comment or any form of disrespect of artists, it will not count.

Examples of Troll or Disrespectful comments:

• Art team sucks ass, dan for art leader
  • because i can / because because / because it's dan

You get the idea correct? So I will be judging that. If you have a problem, please complain to my leader or any of the Directorate. Do not complain to a CA because this is not their business. If they have a problem, they should come to us first before making decisions on their own. 

Thanks for reading. If you hate or dislike me after this, oh well, deal with it. ♥ :D

pfs.gif.0454852536d8143a5e368e9f7a24a8a4.gif

credits to @Clavers

Achievements

Just now, Bae said:

@rapperdan Whoever voted for you, have to post their response in why they voted. Your submission is different from everyone else's. Others are actually art that they made. I will only count the comments that's given. If it's a troll comment or any form of disrespect of artists, it will not count.

Examples of Troll or Disrespectful comments:

• Art team sucks ass, dan for art leader
  • because i can / because because / because it's dan

You get the idea correct? So I will be judging that. If you have a problem, please complain to my leader or any of the Directorate. Do not complain to a CA because this is not their business. If they have a problem, they should come to us first before making decisions on their own. 

Thanks for reading. If you hate or dislike me after this, oh well, deal with it. ♥ :D

I totally agree with you, it was just a gif of a clip that he took.

Only real art should be entered, not half-assing. 

My Opinion

I totally agree, @rapperdan's artwork most likely took zero effort, compare to the other artwork BUT,  isn't this wrong to just gang up on dan, I mean his clip is artwork. Although I feel Dan's popularity is the reason for a majority of his votes, I don't believe it's right to take away his votes just so he won't win. He entered, he got voted for.  I mostly likely will get a lot of hate for this post, but I feel this isn't right.

-Fluff

rudepog.PNG.3a1c25f3009ab8e9219ba200ef1a01a5.PNG

1 minute ago, LegendsOfFluff said:

I totally agree, @rapperdan's artwork most likely took zero effort, compare to the other artwork BUT,  isn't this wrong to just gang up on dan, I mean his clip is artwork. Although I feel Dan's popularity is the reason for a majority of his votes, I don't believe it's right to take away his votes just so he won't win. He entered, he got voted for.  I mostly likely will get a lot of hate for this post, but I feel this isn't right.

-Fluff

I agree that we shouldn't take this out on Dan, because it's not really his fault that everyone voted for him. However, I don't feel that his art work falls into the animation category, not even close actually. But that doesn't mean we should take away all of his votes, just the ones that are trolling or "because he's Dan the meme man" etc. 

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198058101056/

76561198058101056.pngAddFriend.png

"...You do a thing and it becomes the paint others will use on their canvas

of the internet for their memes" - Michael Stevens, Vsauce

2014 - 2020

Thanks for the good times, kings.

Former Global Admin

Achievements

In my opinion if it isn't considered under the category, then it shouldn't be allowed and he should just be disqualified. Avoids all the other problems.  

I voted for @Faex

I've dabbled in sfm for a while and it's extremely tedious. I know the struggle there! c;

The characters movement is a bit too smooth but he managed to get the model not to freak the fuck out so ???

And not to shit on dan but.. you submitted a gif of a shot you made in a game meanwhile others actually put a bit more work into theirs. Not to mention how you've one Art of the month already. It's a nice shot though lmfao,

My vote will be for @WafflyDino.

Finnick has already stated the reasons, but I still agree. Flow through may need a bit more focus, but the actual effort put into this one (like others) is evident.

Good luck to all, either way.

GIF.gif

37c6a160ff76e7ef7db4db7df0d50dc3.png

9d668bb6162aaa048432fe2935d30458.png

129ef22cb8471b6c808a1ce582f493aa.png

7f018283383ed2d1d0bd4cafeb1e87ac.png

bce96f456cff8113e7d9e5c2c6f65fff.png

v1.png

I vote for @rapperdan mainly because his "shot" was amazing. I could never pull it off. I could, however, spend lots of time and learning and make what the other's have made. 

No, I am not talking trash to the other entries, but I feel like Dan has a more "unique" (let's use that word) entry.

Anyways, good luck to all of the people who were entered into this, and I hope that the winner is picked fairly and not due to any "bias" or whatnot.

759110999_GFLSignature.png.5f98a0d75491ad7bc17aaf7a35c1f7bf.png

Thank you @AceOfSpadesMM for the signature! Very much appreciated.

Posted  Edited by Finnick - Edit Reason: fixed some errors

As much as I appreciate the work that was handed in, I just base my vote off of multiple qualities it has.

These are some of those qualities, I may not do it myself, but I do try to improve.

• The Effort
  • The actual content
  • Creativity

I ain't hating on Dan, I just think people who put real effort into making things should get more appreciation.

In MY opinion, it's like Art Theft (not saying Dan is an art thief or anything, it's just an example.)

Art thieves steal the work of others and post it as their own, and they get tons of votes / likes / comments / faves / etc.

Though the original person who created the piece hasn't gotten much attention or exposure.

All his votes are dominating the other entries that actually took effort, which isn't fair.

I know people are saying "well it's moving images, of course it should be considered art" That's not the point though... The work should be CREATED by the person, rather than having someone else have it done for you. An example of this, is cartoon character generators. 

6d071001523aeb7c2f1c5e5b98dfdf03.png 

It's made off bases, and things already done for you. It isn't art, it's just putting something that was already there or pre-created by someone else.

I get people are taught different, but I was taught that you have to create everything. Not have things done for you.

Not trying to start a huge argument about "oh this is animation, or this is the way I was taught" 

I'm just expressing the way I was taught.

Again, that is just my opinion

Edited by Finnick
fixed some errors

Adonie Had To Do It To Em by InvalidQuestionBeanie Pup Finnick YCH by InvalidQuestion

Achievements

1 minute ago, Azura said:

@rapperdan you have to stop this or we'll be forced to condemn drastic measures.

We will review the votes and if we find something that's not right you can consider yourself vetoed out of every monthly challenge until you fix your behaviour.

The first thing you can do is to tell everyone you're sorry about what you've done here.

I won't discuss the details unless you want to, and trust me, I can do a bit of shaming.

Great move, totally understand.

An apology is very needed.

3 minutes ago, Syrus said:

I put a lot of effort into this... this took days and days... Can I please please please enter duuuudeeeee, please. This is pure art.    @Azura I love you. :lenny::lenny:

ezgif.com-video-to-gif.gif.83e3861bca94af0b532691d3c4d29dac.gif

You didn't ask me to vote for it, so I'll vote for it. :pogchamp:

• nocheat featured this topic
  • Bae locked and unpinned this topic