Akris

Tutorial for new Players

Posted  Edited by Logic_

First off I'm typing this on a phone so there is going be mistakes but like the title says I think we should create and add a tutorial for new players.

What do you mean tutorial? 

I mean create and add a tutorial for all new players for them to understand how to use the forums. You know how you play a game on your phone and it gives you a tutorial about where everything is and so on, well I believe we should add something like that so new players know where everything is because it took me awhile to locate everything I still forget where to change my member title. You should add this so every new player that joins is forced to go through it or skip it. And just in case members who have been with us for awhile still don't remember where to go I think you should add a tutorial tab.

Cheers!

@Xy_ I think this is a good idea to look into

Edited by Logic_

Visit GameTracker.com for the latest game server information!

[Former] PVK Manager  Anarchy Admin 

1 hour ago, Joshy said:

make it a requirement,

I mean when you first join it pops up with a tutorial with a next or a skip tutorial

18 minutes ago, Pyros said:

You do know any other Director or Staff member can take this right? You don't need to tag Roy for that.

Sorry, I thought Roy worked stuff like this.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Thank you for your suggestion. I will take this upon myself and begin work on a Master Tutorial for new players.

A past community created their own wiki page showing benefts of each role (Support, VIP, etc.), the capabilities of each leadership or operation role, etc.  It had a little bit less about the forums, but I would imagine a wiki page would be easy to begin with a very elegant and familiar format.  I wouldn't force people to the page during their first visit, but most people already know what a wiki is and having a prominent tab at the top would be an easy reference.

PoorWDm.png?width=360&height=152

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

While yeah, this is a good idea, server managers can easily add in links to guides they made for the server (reference to HnS, thanks Zex). But that's from my experience on Gmod, idk about other games like L4D2 or Minecraft.

2 hours ago, Stormy178 said:

While yeah, this is a good idea, server managers can easily add in links to guides they made for the server (reference to HnS, thanks Zex). But that's from my experience on Gmod, idk about other games like L4D2 or Minecraft.

Hey there, this suggestions is about a tutorial on how to use the forums. 

76561198048327544.png

@Ash-'s opinion on gmod: 

4smalUvk.png
image.png.c3ced03940ca3f9bff0b8c6b1b425d4f.png

Posted  Edited by Stormy178
11 minutes ago, Pyros said:

Hey there, this suggestions is about a tutorial on how to use the forums. 

In that case then, yeah, I mainly used Enjin and their BBCode formatting, I see that's in use here. Even then, I see new users not knowing how to use that, even I see issues in making multiple spoilers sections, separately, and not just layered.

My vote is

+1

Edited by Stormy178

2 hours ago, Skittlez said:

We have a guides section right here: https://gflclan.com/forums/forum/205-trainingguides/

Feel free to make a tutorial on how to use the forums! Helping each other is the best way to get involved in the community!

Those are for only training tutorials as the title suggested. All the ones that was server related or anything forum-related was hidden or removed from that section. There used to be a thread about how-to-do-this guide, most of them were removed. 

If it's not hidden in there then they moved it elsewhere, but we used to have tons of guides in there but they're all gone.

pfs.gif.0454852536d8143a5e368e9f7a24a8a4.gif

credits to @Clavers

Achievements

58 minutes ago, Bae said:

Those are for only training tutorials as the title suggested.

Well, I can't seem to find the archive of the old section and there's not a new section thus I don't see any reason not to use this section. Unless someone else objects...