Liloz01

[Announcement] New Community Advisors!

After an application process and vote from current Staff/CA, @Pyros and @Skittlez have both been promoted to CA for their continued efforts in assisting in the maintenance and growth of GFL.

Please join me in welcoming them to the secret sauce society of GFL.

:klappa:

• Like 3
  • Late 10
  • OMEGALUL 1

34 minutes ago, Jerry Hat Trick said:

Again I hear about this "application process" that nobody except certain people seem to have known about...

I'm still waiting for this to happen

?

• Haha 1

But wasn't pyros already a CA?

Anyway congratulations to the both you then. 👾

Achievements

4 hours ago, Jerry Hat Trick said:

Again I hear about this "application process" that nobody except certain people seem to have known about...

Maybe you're supposed to go out there and ask how to be one to show you are really interested or they ask specific people they think are good for it? If you have advice for the community you can share it regardless of having the role or not, you may not be in whatever secret chats they have to advise but the role itself is unneeded to give advice. Didn't mean to discuss it if you didn't want to just wanted to through out my thoughts on it.

Anyways congrats to them. 

Edited by Duc2000

Achievements

7 minutes ago, Bae said:

But wasn't pyros already a CA?

Anyway congratulations to the both you then. 👾

No. I was removed with the whole Trusted purge.

• Sad 2
  • Winner 1

@Jerry Hat Trick if you are asking about the new application for all section, then that's still being worked on. Ben is setting up a new format. But if you're referring to just specifically application that isn't on the forum list where you can simply apply like manager position or even CA, then for CA they're directed to liloz, he handles CA applications. For manager position, you talk to division leaders but for smaller division that doesn't have a DL, you have to ask the directors.

But if you're just referring to how it works, well for CA it's usually private discussion. But like for an example on queue's application, he didn't mind if it becomes public so he allowed the directors to publicly show his application. It's similar to how admin position works but just more dedication and maturity to your role you're trying to apply for. 

Achievements

7 minutes ago, Akris said:

@Winter wish you got it 😞 

❤️ thanks fam

congrats pyros and skittlez tho you guys were the right choice

@Pyros keep going at it young man and you might even get director some day! ❤️

Edited by Flops

11 hours ago, Bae said:

then for CA they're directed to liloz, he handles CA applications.

Well... Kinda.

A few people were given a form to apply for CA after they expressed interest to a Director. These few people were past CA/Trusted/"Higherups" such as Pyros, Queue and Skittlez. There were others, yet, they requested in their applications that their application be handled by CA/CA+ only. Two exceptions to this rule were made, who will also not be named for the aforementioned reasons, they, however, do already hold "staff" positions and have expressed interest in the role rather vigorously to Directors over the past... forever.

These forms contained several questions, and of course, they were reviewed by CAs and anyone above CA. A vote was had, and a decision was made. This is what is referred to as the "application process" in the announcement. 

Just thought I'd clear up how we actually got the applicants for this round of "CA recruitment". In the future, when more are needed, applications will be fully open to the community via the forums/Discord. 

• Confused 1