Joshy

Permanent or long term VIP

Posted  Edited by Joshy

I had thought it was a good idea long ago to lift the permanent VIP, and I still do think it was a good idea for its time.  People were sticking around for a long while and they were no longer contributing to the community.

Asking people about how long they worked for an organization was one characteristc I looked at while applying for jobs.  If people were sticking around for a long time, then I felt like there was something good or promising about the organization or group; if not, then something was sketch, and my interests in that organization quickly decayed over the most petty things.

I think GFL has slowly become the organization where you ask around and people haven't been here for too long compared to what we use to have.  Just like attracting me to those job opportunities: I think if we can retain people for longer, then it gives one extra characteristic that'll attract visiting players.  Times have changed, and so while removing the permanent VIP may have a good idea then, our ability to survive or thrive depends on our ability to adjust.  I think it's time we reintroduce this benefit again as a promotion or to offer something similar such as long term VIP (ie. 2 ~ 3 years at $50).  Build up a strong foundation to attract and retain members, and to earn their commitment to the community at a modest cost.  The current donations might be doing alright, but it's scraping the one or two months they are visiting and then letting them go over trivial matters.

edit:

Just to drive the point and make it clear on this suggestion: It's not about making an immediate amount of money; it's about retaining members and increasing their individual investment into the community.

Edited by Joshy

PoorWDm.png?width=360&height=152

I'm pretty sure the issue is not the fact that people don't have VIP and more so the fact that people simply leave because they lost the reason why they where sticking around, and don't wish to pay again due to bad treatment, we need a culture change not a VIP change.

also people who are leaving would leave anyways with perma vip or they simply would not bother sticking around with a longer lasting VIP people don't leave without a reason to leave, there is a reason for everything in this world and sometimes people do not understand how one can leave a sour taste in someones mouth so they do not wish to return.

Achievements

Okay so.

Subscribing is great. Okay? It brings in more donation because the price seems lower, and more people will be willing to test it out. However, permanent VIP will bring in less donations yet more money per donation ratio, humans by nature prefer granted stuff so personally I believe you guys should do permanent VIP.

Thanks,
Syntax.

Achievements

Permanent VIP? I guess it could be a thing. But I don't really care for that stuff.

Posted  Edited by Joshy
15 hours ago, rapperdan said:

I'm pretty sure the issue is not the fact that people don't have VIP and more so the fact that people simply leave because they lost the reason why they where sticking around, and don't wish to pay again due to bad treatment, we need a culture change not a VIP change.

also people who are leaving would leave anyways with perma vip or they simply would not bother sticking around with a longer lasting VIP people don't leave without a reason to leave, there is a reason for everything in this world and sometimes people do not understand how one can leave a sour taste in someones mouth so they do not wish to return.

You're probably the second person I have heard who speaks about the need for cultural change.  I'm the first.

Anyhow: How do you change culture?  You see?  It's not just one thing.  You don't just "change the culture," but you take steps towards gradually achieving the condition we would like, and I propose this as one of those steps.  People certainly do leave even with their perm. VIP, but these are people like myself who have been around since 'nam; we need to give the new generation more reason to stay and I believe something like this is one more reason.

Having people stay and building a foundation will strongly benefit the community.  This increasing cycle of people joining and leaving within a short period of time does not help- we have people who have no investment in the community and will leave due to rather small upsets, which will inevitably happen no matter where you go.  People sticking around longer have something... something more... something possibly worth staying for or more willing to tolerate these small upsets will build that culture.  It's like coming across a new job and you've got those small cliques within; we're really not producing anymore of that, and so it's every person for their self right now.

We're constantly losing other benefits to the community such as losing games and modes, and the staff side has become weak.  It's time to compensate for it.  There's no free lunch and cutting corners is only going to make that downward fall a little less steep.

If not permanent: You can see I'm willing to compromise as usual; trial it with something a little less extreme.  I think even 2 ~ 3 years would still be attractive and produce similar results.

-- To some responses above: No, i'm not suggesting to take away perm. VIP, lol...  I'm suggesting to make it available again or something like it.  Thank you for your support.

-- To reiterate to those who are doing some maths: This isn't about getting an immediate source of money; it's about retaining people.

Edited by Joshy

I do think permanent VIP won't be making a comeback anytime soon, but the alternative you suggested isn't that bad of an idea. It has been suggested so many times to offer up VIP/supporter for public holidays at a better rate. It would be a good idea to do a 2 year VIP deal or even just 1 year. 

We aren't in dire need of money so we could offer it at a reasonable cost. However I don't think it should be an "all day everyday" type of offer. It should be limited to holidays.

Achievements

21 minutes ago, Joshy said:

You're probably the second person I have heard who speaks about the need for cultural change.  I'm the first.

Anyhow: How do you change culture?  You see?  It's not just one thing.  You don't just "change the culture," but you take steps towards gradually achieving the condition we would like., and I propose this as one of those steps.  People certainly do leave even with their perm. VIP, but these are people like myself who have been around since 'nam; we need to give the new generation more reason to stay and I believe something like this is one more reason.

Having people stay and building a foundation will strongly benefit the community.  This increasing cycle of people joining and leaving within a short period of time does not help- we have people who have no investment in the community and will leave due to rather small upsets, which will inevitably happen no matter where you go.  People sticking around longer have something... something more... something possibly worth staying for or more willing to tolerate these small upsets will build that culture.  It's like coming across a new job and you've got those small cliques within; we're really not producing anymore of that, and so it's every person for their self right now.

We're constantly losing other benefits to the community such as losing games and modes, and the staff side has become weak.  It's time to compensate for it.  There's no free lunch and cutting corners is only going to make that downward fall a little less steep.

If not permanent: You can see I'm willing to compromise as usual; trial it with something a little less extreme.  I think even 2 ~ 3 years would still be attractive and produce similar results.

-- To some responses above: No, i'm not suggesting to take away perm. VIP, lol...  I'm suggesting to make it available again or something like it.  Thank you for your support.

-- To reiterate to those who are doing some maths: This isn't about getting an immediate source of money; it's about retaining people.

if you knew what I have said for ages with complete anger almost and huge frustation of the situation at hand you might understand that I have been saying it in perhaps another way, I just used your words and inturn gained your support besides I know for a fact that you never knew how much I comment on things and the such and chances are you lack an understanding of who I truely am and what I care about.

Achievements

Dan, if it meant working against you: I'd be willing to shoot myself in the foot and not support even my own suggestions if you supported it.  I know a lot of things about a lot of people, thanks.

8 minutes ago, Joshy said:

Dan, if it meant working against you: I'd be willing to shoot myself in the foot and not support even my own suggestions if you supported it.  I know a lot of things about a lot of people, thanks.

I mean looks around sees so many peeps shooting them selfs in the foot, what am I to expect at this point fam.

Achievements

I showed @Xy_ a subscribtion styled purchase which allow cheaper VIP/supporter but you commit to a specific period of time. It allows people That wish to keep buying VIP to obtain it at lower prices while we keep people interested in the community. 

Nerd

Achievements

7 hours ago, Worgee said:

I showed @Xy_ a subscribtion styled purchase which allow cheaper VIP/supporter but you commit to a specific period of time. It allows people That wish to keep buying VIP to obtain it at lower prices while we keep people interested in the community. 

The plan is to make Roy do it when he goes to fix donations for the new PayPal API :)

71CFA5EE-923C-4740-ACF4-508B753C9AD7.png.92a0d40c0fa7773f71fea2453f581d16.png

(signature made by @Kaylode)

Previously known as Xy.

Twitter ❤️Ko-Fi ❤️Github

IMG_0248.jpg

ben_mixed_opinions.png

Posted  Edited by Charmayy

- i read the post wrong -

23 hours ago, rapperdan said:

also, this is one of the only times i completely agree with Dan.

Edited by Charmayy

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: $943 ($530 with sales)
  • Games owned: 174
  • Games played: 112 (64%)
  • Hours on record: 5,797.5h

Posted  Edited by rapperdan
21 minutes ago, Charmayy said:

There's only one problem: False advertising.

Way back when, when PermaVIP was a thing, it was advertised as that: Permanent VIP, and that's what a lot of people, including myself, have paid for.

If Permanent VIP is removed, I won't be driven to buying it again, in fact, i'd be pretty agitated, due to what i paid for being stripped.

I feel like it shouldn't be brought back, but the people who have it should keep what the paid for.

also, this is one of the only times i completely agree with Dan.

22 hours ago, _Doctor said:

People paid for permanent VIP and they should keep what they paid for 

22 hours ago, Joshy said:

Times have changed, and so while removing the permanent VIP may have a good idea then, our ability to survive or thrive depends on our ability to adjust.  I think it's time we reintroduce this benefit again as a promotion or to offer something similar such as long term VIP (ie. 2 ~ 3 years at $50).  Build up a strong foundation to attract and retain members, and to earn their commitment to the community at a modest cost.

so @Joshy is suggesting too bring back perma VIP I'm still unsure as to why people still are over here making them selfs look dumb af, can you guys read or do you lack the ability to do that? I just want to know for gfl if that makes sense because I'm seeing people shit post instead of contributing. I just don't want people to make them selfs look dumb that's all I ask.

also we should not be saying things like we now are safe and we don't need the money we should be saying ok what do we pay for now in order to improve areas and the such learn how to use the money in order to get more money, if a service does not improve and the competition of the same service does, why would people come to the service that simply is never getting the edge on the rest we have to learn how to use the money not learn how to not use it, if you have money you can improve your structure and do many things getting the edge on the people who lack it, it's a simple business strat so instead of taking away the safety net make use off the safety net and buy plugins servers etc etc, we have a bank atm why allow our selfs to get rid of this opportunity? we have the ability to buy private plugins and do countless other things so why would we see this as something we should not use?

Edited by rapperdan

Achievements

maybe there could be a certain amount of money and a certain time in the community to get permanent VIP

Admin on Hide and Seek, Former Operator on Death-run, Former Member Acceptor. 

tumblr_ojxz21XTtb1vnqmpbo1_500.gif