BOOMER

If this really is the end- goodbye breach.

Posted  Edited by Boomer

This post might look hilarious in a month or two. But as of the past few days, the server has been struggling to house more than 7 players. 

Regulars of the server knew that this collapse/recession was a long time coming, including myself. I guess i just didnt expect it to come so soon.

Of course, theres a good chance that this is nothing more than a brief blip, and the server will be back up to a healthy 25 player average. But if this really is the fall that we've been predicting for weeks now- i just wanted to say goodbye.

Goodbye to the people who i laughed with.

Goodbye to those who disliked me. And those i disliked.

Goodbye to all the admins who made the server function, even if it was just barely.

Goodbye to the complete overuse of site 19, before eventually being forced out of the vote every other map.

Goodbye to the hilariously broken SCP mechanics.

Goodbye to the goofy ass halloween skin events.

Goodbye to the ridiculously overpowered guns.

Goodbye to @Cpt.Haxray, the admin i have the worst history with, though i think (and hope) that we've gotten better overtime.

Goodbye to @Doomnack, a former admin who was my personal favorite for a while.

Goodbye to @Xy_, the one person who put this all in motion.

Goodbye to the laughs and screams over comms, and the shitpost spamming while admins were offline.

Goodbye to @Grrreat Leaf and @TheSnivyBro, the two players i saw consistently online from start to end.

Goodbye to this server. Three years of stupid, frustrating, boring, enraging, amazing rounds of breach. 

I know alot of you dont like me. And while i dont know exactly why- it wont matter much anymore. If this is the last i see of most of you, i hope you do well. If you havent graduated, good luck in high school. If youre still in middle school or younger- good luck in general- you've got a lot coming.

To everyone i played with since 2017, from the bottom of my heart-

Suck my dick. And have a great life.

-Boomer

1592813859_GarrysMod9_4_20195_34_13PM.thumb.png.1f76274cf77e7ff7230eedf962bda729.png

Edited by Boomer

Posted  Edited by Duc2000

It died once before, but after awhile, it randomly came back. I hope that some updates and events can help bring it back, but you never really know. Players can help bring it back-if everyone says "I don't want to join", then it'll never be alive, but the opposite is also true. Also yeah, I'd currently attribute it to school and extracurricular activities that go with school.

Edited by Duc2000

“I was so good at being a kid, and so terrible at being whatever I was now.”
― John Green, Turtles All the Way Down

Achievements

Posted  Edited by Ravelord

Well, sorry for being pessimistic but, thinking that Breach is in a restorable state is delusional.

Back in 2018, September we used to get 30~40 players on average even though school just had started. The lowest player count the server ever dips to was 25. Server really peaked around very late 2018 to early 2019 when we used to get 50~60 players on average and didn't really lose players when the school started again.

Now, the server dying wasn't really a "long time coming". The server just started declining active players around 4 months ago when the server wasn't even able to get close to its former player count even at summer. Why is school such a huge factor now?

About the new managers and the future of Breach— they have nowhere near the technical capabilities and knowledge Xy had about GMod, gLua and the Breach gamemode. Meaning; the upcoming updates are going to be less in number, worse in quality and less in complexion. There are gamemodes which can still continue on relatively alive without any new content coming or with managers that don't know gLua such as TTT, but Breach certainly isn't one of them— It can only get worse from here.

Edited by Ravelord

somebody put fake servers in the browser and it resulted in the breach gamemode showing up as 'Curry'

I'm guessing this had an impact and I've fixed the issue. Can't say if it will bring population back.

image.png

(The dip is right around when the gamemode's name was changed to curry because the fake servers started popping up)

71CFA5EE-923C-4740-ACF4-508B753C9AD7.png.92a0d40c0fa7773f71fea2453f581d16.png

(signature made by @Kaylode)

Previously known as Xy.

Twitter ❤️Ko-Fi ❤️Github

IMG_0248.jpg

ben_mixed_opinions.png

32 minutes ago, Xy_ said:

somebody put fake servers in the browser and it resulted in the breach gamemode showing up as 'Curry'

I'm guessing this had an impact and I've fixed the issue. Can't say if it will bring population back.

image.png

(The dip is right around when the gamemode's name was changed to curry because the fake servers started popping up)

So I wasn't going insane....

2 minutes ago, nblock said:

how do you have half a player image.png.c0a6b161c090c20b0d0b7ebadca92d29.png

Chainsaw.

“I was so good at being a kid, and so terrible at being whatever I was now.”
― John Green, Turtles All the Way Down

Achievements

3 minutes ago, nblock said:

how do you have half a player image.png.c0a6b161c090c20b0d0b7ebadca92d29.png

It's just a shitty Y axis interval.

71CFA5EE-923C-4740-ACF4-508B753C9AD7.png.92a0d40c0fa7773f71fea2453f581d16.png

(signature made by @Kaylode)

Previously known as Xy.

Twitter ❤️Ko-Fi ❤️Github

IMG_0248.jpg

ben_mixed_opinions.png

3 hours ago, Xy_ said:

image.png

if you just ended up saving the entire server from eternal doom, thatll be the funniest shit ever considering you just stepped down. Itll be like going out with a bang

3 hours ago, Xy_ said:

image.png

Yo but curry when?