HowIRageotic

Degrees! (Educational Degress, not Temperature)

Message added by Joshy,

This thread is old.  It was bumped by an ad bot. and has been locked.  If you would like a new one, then you can start a new thread 🙂

Also want to add a little informative note that BeatBoxBattleMe was not the person to necro post.  A person posted before them, and I hid their post.  Congratulations on your upcoming degree, BeatBoxBattleMe.

I'm currently on a break, but I'm 2 years into a 3 year Business Administration course. (Majoring in Marketing). Year 3 (sem 5) you get to pick your major and I chose marketing since I find it super interesting.

My favorite course was probably the ez one that taught us how to use microsoft office since i could work on other stuff during that time. 

@HowIRageotic How about you? whats your edumucational degree?

Achievements

I'm currently studying a bachelor of commerce degree, majoring in both Accounting and Finance, and my favourite unit for it so far would have to be a company law unit that I did in my second year.

I'm currently in a bachelor's degree for mechatronic engineering. Planning to take something else dealing with cybersecurity. I have a few courses on cybersecurity and is something I'm passionate about. Also working on my Python certification and a bunch of stuff like that. 

1654039214_lennyfacesignaturejarm2_webp.png.77166eade8f7320848ec595e26aa1230.png

Currently I'm in college for a Bachelor's degree in Kinesiology with a Concentration in Sports Medicine, which I'll then use to get into physical therapy school hopefully. 

Favorite course so far was either my Intro to Kinesiology course I took my freshman year because my professor was one of the best I've ever had, or the Athletic Injuries and Care class I took last semester.

image.thumb.png.2ef4bb5d1eba87658f3aa07bcdc16760.png

Signature by @Auralanity

2 hours ago, Royal. said:

@HowIRageotic How about you? whats your edumucational degree?

I am currently getting my Bachelor's Degree in a Medical-type degree (Just started my second year). Then, I plan to go to medical school. After that, hopefully a residency in anesthesiology so I can be an Anesthesiologist 😄

I've been somewhat conflicted on whether I've wanted to go to college for a while now. The only reason I'd ever go for a degree is making job searching easier (I don't think I would necessarily learn much from it because from what I've been told by my friends who are in college or have completed college, they didn't learn much since they self-taught themselves in the fields we're both interested in). However, I feel I've had a lot of success with just the technical knowledge GFL has given me. Plus, I feel I'd be saving a lot of money in this situation. I also think certifications are good as well and a lot of companies accept those as minimum requirements instead of a degree.

If I did go, it would be for Computer Science or something similar (either regarding networking, programming, and whatnot). That said, obviously every field is different and fortunately for me, I feel Computer Science is something you can self-teach yourself and still find really good paying jobs in (it just may take longer to find that job, that's all, but a lot of companies are starting to accept more people without degrees in this field from what I've seen and heard).

At this time, I really don't think I'll ever go to college, especially with how my career is looking right now just from the knowledge I've gained from GFL and in the network programming field. However, if I do find that jobs I'm getting don't meet up with what I'd like long-term (which I doubt will be the case soon, I hope), I'll probably consider going to college if I have the income to afford it, etc.

I have a bachelor's degree in Computer Science (CS). I think Denmark's CS might differ somewhat from others (at least from what I have heard); close to all our courses are purely theoretical. My bachelor project was about ensuring information flow security in a supervisor/child process framework (similar to Erlang) by extending a programming language named Troupe which was made at my institute.

At the moment, I am one semester into my master's degree (also in CS). We don't really use the term "majoring" in DK. At my institute, you pick 2 "pillars" consisting of 3 courses, freely pick 3 other courses, and wrap it all up with a master's thesis. I have picked cryptology and algorithms as my pillars, and I picked machine learning and two programming language courses as my free picks. I am considering pursuing a PhD within programming languages, but I am not sure if I am smart enough and if I really want to do research.

I have truly enjoyed all my courses (except my two human-computer interaction courses; very bad structure and instructors), but if I had to pick a favorite course, it would probably be between Programming Languages (PL) and Compiler. PL was an early course where we learnt a lot of theory about programming languages and even implemented an interpreter for a subset of Scala. In the Compiler course, we wrote a full-blown compiler which included parsing, static analysis, IR code generation, machine code generation among other things. We also studied a lot of advanced concepts for really optimizing code, but we did not have time to implement those sadly. Definitely the best course in terms of actually using theoretical knowledge.

I could talk for ages about my uni work, haha, so if you're curious or ever need help with something, then don't hesitate to reach out. 😄

Wanna know what I am up to? Take a look at my personal Trello board or my cards on the Development Trello board!

Currently majoring in criminal justice and nearing my Associate of Science. After I get that, I plan on transferring and getting a bachelors in Forensic and Investigative Sciences. 

Achievements

Just now, TheThirdReaper said:

Currently majoring in criminal justice and nearing my Associate of Science. After I get that, I plan on transferring and getting a bachelors in Forensic and Investigative Sciences. 

We are brothers

Arigato Gyro

plum4 (1).jpg

I'm a second year software engineer just going for a bachelors. I thourougly enjoy programming as it's just problem solving, but discrete math can royally fuck off. 

im looking at you inductive proofs and set builder notation

Achievements

I have a bachelors in electrical engineering; I also have an associates in mathematics.  I'm currently pursuing a masters in electrical engineering with a concentration on analog & mixed-signal integrated circuit design.

PoorWDm.png?width=360&height=152

I'm a sophomore in high school right now. I want to graduate there, then go to a good 4 year college, then go to vet school and earn a doctor of veterinary medicine degree.

It's very competitive so I gotta really work, though I think I can do it if I really apply myself in science 😕

-Brotherwolf