Joel

Merge of the teams.

We are reopening this thread. Please keep it on topic or wait for our next announcements to clarify more things. This post is more or less just WIP stuff that we posted for transparency and backtracking. If you have any specific questions regarding what will be happening besides the merge then you can contact any of the council members to help inform you more. A reply might be wait for the next announcement as they may cover the topic 🙂

Nerd

Achievements

He's on vacation and I agree! However I've heard that Windows is better than Linux and that @Roy agrees. We are working on server expansions in general as well as new features for everyone but don't expect it to be done in a few days as we want quality servers 😉 

Nerd

Achievements

Posted  Edited by Syntax

Absolutely ridiculous.

Team Leader as a role, in theory, was never supposed to be in the position that is high enough to make decisions while also acquiring Moderator Power and access to various tools that help regulate forums.

I'm not going to write too much but instead try to explain this as simple and quickly as possible

You have to simply admit to the fact that TL is nothing but a mere joke, let's say you get to join the EC/PR Team, and you become active (considering that the teams are in-fact inactive) and then suddenly the leader of that team resigns. Congratulations, you've been here for around 1 or less months, don't have that much experience nor formality, and you've been promoted to Team Leader, you can now ban people, regulate forums, and are 'equal to a DL'. Honestly, a big joke, it might seem like a tiny deal to most but in reality it seriously damages the entire hierarchy, I do believe that however, other communities have this system implemented and usually don't struggle, but we're not them, they're not us. Teams weren't as inactive under Council as they recently got under Team Leaders, you might think that assigning one person specifically to handle a certain team would keep it working, but it simply does not.

Here's a visual representation of the old TL System: (not all teams represented)

↗   Worgee → PR Team ↘

BoD → Nooby → EC Team → General Population

↘   TheSadBandit → MT ↗

Okay so, let's imagine one, if not two of those leaders go AFK/for a trip:

↗   Worgee → PR Team ↘

↘   TheSadBandit → MT ↗

You see what happens? And if you cannot look past your nose to simply realize that mostly like, BoD should have no affairs in PR/MT, you should honestly be ashamed of yourself.

So now, here's the current system:

(No BoD interference) Council → PR Team → General Population     

And while Council members are still seperated and given individual tasks to watch over each team, they also all do have enough power over each one of the teams, in which case makes them equal to Directors, which is a much better approach. Directors are mostly to handle back-end and very important decisions, not watch over if people are doing the drawings they're given to do or not.                  

If you still believe this change is useless, you might be brainwashed by some guy who most likely lost his rank due to the changes, lmao. Anyways, have a nice one, try not to be mad over simple things. If this weren't to happen, think of all the horrible changes, that are much worse off, which would've happened, like merging TL and DL into one team. Nice.

Thanks,
Syntax.

Edited by Syntax

Achievements

6 hours ago, Major_Push said:

I'm sorry, but you refuse to ever listen to me when I tell you that I don't want to hear about how you think @Roy @Worgee @Joel and others are shit leaders. I'll listen to your arguments if you ever stop being so condescending and self aggrandizing. You are in fact an asshole. You have good points but you are incapable of expressing them without putting others down.

You literally started telling me about how 1v1 is broken and within the next sentence you were talking about how you're looking out for Roy but he can't see it and how you bring in loads of donations and are the savior to the server. None of which is actually relevant to the fact that 1v1 is broken.

You are simply too hate filled and negative to be able to have a productive conversation with. You can't simply present an argument without devoting half of the time ranting about people you dislike. It's absolutely childish and a complete waste of my time. You asked me to unblock you and I gave you a chance to show me that you would stop wasting my time. But you continued with your insults towards other members. I would not in the least bit surprised if you insulted me to other members while trying to convince them of something. Furthermore, you are absolutely delusional. You can't keep insulting other members and not expect to be called out on it. I despise condescension and negativity since I believe it is counterproductive to progress. I blocked you because you can't seem to understand this. I don't like the way you argue your points and it is a waste of my precious time. 

A rebrand might not fix leadership. You are 100% correct. But a rebrand might also fix leadership. That's 100% correct as well. It's a possibility either way. No one will hit you up if things don't get any better because it's stupidly easy to say something's going to fail then dip. It's laughable. You can call out all of a movie's flaws but that doesn't mean you can make one that's any better. You are literally guilty of everything you accuse others of being. You are the single most stubborn player I've met. You are incapable of being talked to in any way. 

And don't forget that you are also the cause of much more drama than you claim to prevent. The fact that you even think that anyone would come begging for you to help with accepting members shows how delusional you are. Your meme status on CSGO servers has gotten to your head. And the funny thing is that the first minutes of conversation with you was productive. The bot needs to be updated to include online member acceptors as you said, but it also needs to include all the resources a member might want. You could have proposed that solution to me in a few sentences but instead you chose to talk about how awful everyone else is first. That's why you got blocked.

Which is why you're not a leader. You care about yourself and your ego. It's so transparent it's laughable.

You think no one else cares for the community, but you should remember that many of us have been here longer than you have, and actually believe that the GFL servers have touched the lives of many people and we should work to preserve that. I care for the community much more than you give me credit for. And so do others. Not everyone is as cynical as you.

And for those thinking that a PR leader shouldn't be talking this way to someone, you should know that I'm only talking this way to Dan because I've seen his descent into narcissism since his days as a minigames admin. I was his friend but I can't even talk to him now without remembering how hateful he's become since then. Or maybe he's always been that way. Either way, stop being negative and I'll unblock you someday. Also, learn to use periods for god's sake. It makes things so much more readable. 

imgur_reaction.gif.4a66879ff971e0e57f19f12306f4e7ac.gif

rudepog.PNG.3a1c25f3009ab8e9219ba200ef1a01a5.PNG

Posted  Edited by TheSadBandit

@Joel Reposting since this got re-opened before I could post & because you hid your question, so I'll just go ahead and post a screenshot of your hidden question.

377265250_ScreenShot2019-01-08at8_28_35AM.thumb.png.af6a3f50204c8e25d9bc452d13a6c688.png

This is also not to start drama, I just want to know where you stand, so don't hide it like you did your question.

You asked me a question & you hid the message, but I’m still going to answer it and ask you a question as well.

You saw nothing because during the 1 week you showed up I had an anticipated inactive-ness for 2 weeks that I communicated with the other TLs and Directors through either internal or the Media Team Discord, where I stated I would be away for 2 weeks because it was my finals week, and I had to take time to study and take my finals exams without losing my focus on something else. The team seemed to be on the same page as me about that inactiveness, considering they didn’t tag me or anything and everything was done through Rose, the 2nd in Command, which is the role that is there for when I have shit like that to do. So you showed up during the 2 week time period in which I said I was going to be inactive and started changing shit, you didn’t tell any of the 2 leaders what changes you were doing, and you even said “I don’t think if Rick would be ok with me sharing my ideas”, and after further talking to him he said he had give you the OK to start sharing your ideas with us. You caused a lot of chaos. That’s enough for that, but what changes did I make?

I started the Trainee role, which though had failed, it introduced 4 new people to the Media Team, it opened the Media Team for GFL to see that it was active and was actively changing to what the team wanted it to be changed to. I would advertise for people to join media team heavily, everyday for about a month, everyone on GFL saw it, you can ask anyone that was active during that time, someone who I'd like to point out always DMed me about this was @rapperdan. I also separated roles that didn’t have anything to do with Media Team from the Media Team, aka PR and EC. I hadn’t seen them as active roles, and no one in Media Team wanted to take a shot at it, they were kind of just there, so I gave them to Council to do something with those roles, and now that the roles are going to be reunited in a team again, it’s like a slap in the face. It didn’t work in the past, even under good leadership, and for some reason it’s going to work now? I also worked on big GFL Projects, some that should be worked on right now, and some personal projects. I mainly managed the team and assigned members to do certain works based on their knowledge of their role, for example, making gifs & awesome signatures were @Chef_ & @Radify, making some dope loading screens & pfps were @RVFK and @rose (I cant find her @), etc. So I got to know my members 1-on-1 and changed the Media Team to how they wanted it, and gave them the freedom they deserved instead of having to document how many hours they needed to have done, I gave them the freedom to doc their hours how they wanted, but had to give results of projects in no more than 1 week’s time, and they did an awesome job at that. I created the 2nd in Command role to be something as the Server Manager role is, a manager for each branch, because I envisioned the Media Team growing big enough where it couldn’t be managed by one person, and big projects could be done so fast it’d be insane. That didn’t work out how I expected it to, and cut down on that idea. 

Now here’s the question I’ve asked ever since you were put in TL: What changes have you/will you do to the team? Because ever since I asked that question the answer has always been a “you will see” or “changes are coming”, and I’ve given you in detail what I’ve done, so I’d like for you to do the same.

Edited by TheSadBandit

Former Gmod Prop Hunt Admin

Former Media Team Team Leader

Former Media Team GFX Member

59 minutes ago, Syntax said:

Absolutely ridiculous.

Team Leader as a role, in theory, was never supposed to be in the position that is high enough to make decisions while also acquiring Moderator Power and access to various tools that help regulate forums.

I'm not going to write too much but instead try to explain this as simple and quickly as possible

You have to simply admit to the fact that TL is nothing but a mere joke, let's say you get to join the EC/PR Team, and you become active (considering that the teams are in-fact inactive) and then suddenly the leader of that team resigns. Congratulations, you've been here for around 1 or less months, don't have that much experience nor formality, and you've been promoted to Team Leader, you can now ban people, regulate forums, and are 'equal to a DL'. Honestly, a big joke, it might seem like a tiny deal to most but in reality it seriously damages the entire hierarchy, I do believe that however, other communities have this system implemented and usually don't struggle, but we're not them, they're not us. Teams weren't as inactive under Council as they recently got under Team Leaders, you might think that assigning one person specifically to handle a certain team would keep it working, but it simply does not.

Here's a visual representation of the old TL System: (not all teams represented)

↗   Worgee → PR Team ↘

↘   TheSadBandit → MT ↗

Okay so, let's imagine one, if not two of those leaders go AFK/for a trip:

↗   Worgee → PR Team ↘

↘   TheSadBandit → MT ↗

You see what happens? And if you cannot look past your nose to simply realize that mostly like, BoD should have no affairs in PR/MT, you should honestly be ashamed of yourself.

So now, here's the current system:

(No BoD interference) Council → PR Team → General Population     

And while Council members are still seperated and given individual tasks to watch over each team, they also all do have enough power over each one of the teams, in which case makes them equal to Directors, which is a much better approach. Directors are mostly to handle back-end and very important decisions, not watch over if people are doing the drawings they're given to do or not.                  

If you still believe this change is useless, you might be brainwashed by some guy who most likely lost his rank due to the changes, lmao. Anyways, have a nice one, try not to be mad over simple things. If this weren't to happen, think of all the horrible changes, that are much worse off, which would've happened, like merging TL and DL into one team. Nice.

Thanks,
Syntax.

You're sort of right with the MT one, except I had Rose/Aura there helping me, so if I took a vacation or a break, or my 2-week break for example when I had to take finals, she would take over for my work during those 2 weeks. Media Team never went inactive, though it might've "seemed" that way, a lot of the members also had their own personal shit to deal with, but requests always got done.

7 minutes ago, TheSadBandit said:

You're sort of right with the MT one, except I had Rose/Aura there helping me, so if I took a vacation or a break, or my 2-week break for example when I had to take finals, she would take over for my work during those 2 weeks. Media Team never went inactive, though it might've "seemed" that way, a lot of the members also had their own personal shit to deal with, but requests always got done.

That's my point, but as a whole, my final opinion is: fuck the changes lmao, nobody cares. No need to bash them, they haven't been seen in the works yet. I just had to step in and defend them because, personally, I believe that they're the right thing to do. The system is much less complex and I look forward to producing even more events now that I can direct myself to an entire higher up team, instead of just one particular person, or two.

Through these changes, a major workload has been removed off of the shoulders of directors, the system has been simplified and looks much better now, things will get done anyways. If it works or not, it really is not the point of these changes in my opinion, rather to just simply get a functional system that is simple and efficient, and that literally, makes sense. If this doesn't work, we shouldn't be brainstorming what type of hierarchy we ought to adapt next, but rather confront each individual which resides in the various teams, and have them underline a reason for their inactivity.

The thing is, we really should be patient about this. Not bash it, instead embrace it. I'd very much rather focus on the servers and the current expansions we're going through, than focus on some minor changes that really wouldn't affect most people, rather how things within the system works, which by the way, are certainly none of our business.

Thank you, have a nice day!

Achievements

Posted  Edited by TheSadBandit
9 minutes ago, Syntax said:

That's my point, but as a whole, my final opinion is: fuck the changes lmao, nobody cares. No need to bash them, they haven't been seen in the works yet. I just had to step in and defend them because, personally, I believe that they're the right thing to do. The system is much less complex and I look forward to producing even more events now that I can direct myself to an entire higher up team, instead of just one particular person, or two.

Through these changes, a major workload has been removed off of the shoulders of directors, the system has been simplified and looks much better now, things will get done anyways. If it works or not, it really is not the point of these changes in my opinion, rather to just simply get a functional system that is simple and efficient, and that literally, makes sense. If this doesn't work, we shouldn't be brainstorming what type of hierarchy we ought to adapt next, but rather confront each individual which resides in the various teams, and have them underline a reason for their inactivity.

The thing is, we really should be patient about this. Not bash it, instead embrace it. I'd very much rather focus on the servers and the current expansions we're going through, than focus on some minor changes that really wouldn't affect most people, rather how things within the system works, which by the way, are certainly none of our business.

Thank you, have a nice day!

(not sarcastic or rude so don't take it that way please)I see that awesome POV, though take it from my experience. I tried so hard to liven those roles up, I advertised people joining Media Team like 24/7 on the forums, in-game, everywhere. This was when it was still all merged into 1 big team. I was the one who separated them and gave the council those roles with the reason to find something to do with them, the roles were completely dead, I'm not sure who had implemented them, but they weren't anywhere from being where they are now. From the way I've seen all the teams grow, I don't see why merging all 3 teams into 1 would make them "better". That's from my personal experience. Now, what would have really made the teams work even better? Instead of merging all the teams into one, which probably create(s/d) a lot of drama, merging the Discords. This was something I was pushing for before the 2 new TLs had been added, but the TLs laughed at me and said it was a stupid idea and "why should we merge discords", well all teams had separate discords, and there were complaints of the teams not working together & communicating, and my team wasn't allowed in other discords, so it made it hard for information to get through with all the discord jumping. My plan was to move media team into internal so we didnt have to jump around discords, and just get rid of the media team discord, since if all teams are in internal, there is no loss of communication if each team has an open channel where people can post questions & information for each team to use. My idea wouldn't have created new roles, would've kept the same leaderships, would've kept the teams the same, but I guess trying out new things is always good, and I wish you guys luck.

Edited by TheSadBandit

well, im not sure if my opinion is valid but, this new change kinda sucks, it was good how it was in the past, no need for changes.

(i'll go more into detail when i come back from work)

BE RAD OR DIE TRYING

Retired Admin for CS:GO SURF RPG DM

Synthwave is my shit

Portfolio ->        Portfolio               

KnPvjrB.png

pixel.gif

pixel.gif

pixel.gif

Achievements

1 hour ago, TheSadBandit said:

@Joel Reposting since this got re-opened before I could post & because you hid your question, so I'll just go ahead and post a screenshot of your hidden question.

377265250_ScreenShot2019-01-08at8_28_35AM.thumb.png.af6a3f50204c8e25d9bc452d13a6c688.png

This is also not to start drama, I just want to know where you stand, so don't hide it like you did your question.

You asked me a question & you hid the message, but I’m still going to answer it and ask you a question as well.

You saw nothing because during the 1 week you showed up I had an anticipated inactive-ness for 2 weeks that I communicated with the other TLs and Directors through either internal or the Media Team Discord, where I stated I would be away for 2 weeks because it was my finals week, and I had to take time to study and take my finals exams without losing my focus on something else. The team seemed to be on the same page as me about that inactiveness, considering they didn’t tag me or anything and everything was done through Rose, the 2nd in Command, which is the role that is there for when I have shit like that to do. So you showed up during the 2 week time period in which I said I was going to be inactive and started changing shit, you didn’t tell any of the 2 leaders what changes you were doing, and you even said “I don’t think if Rick would be ok with me sharing my ideas”, and after further talking to him he said he had give you the OK to start sharing your ideas with us. You caused a lot of chaos. That’s enough for that, but what changes did I make?

I started the Trainee role, which though had failed, it introduced 4 new people to the Media Team, it opened the Media Team for GFL to see that it was active and was actively changing to what the team wanted it to be changed to. I would advertise for people to join media team heavily, everyday for about a month, everyone on GFL saw it, you can ask anyone that was active during that time, someone who I'd like to point out always DMed me about this was @rapperdan. I also separated roles that didn’t have anything to do with Media Team from the Media Team, aka PR and EC. I hadn’t seen them as active roles, and no one in Media Team wanted to take a shot at it, they were kind of just there, so I gave them to Council to do something with those roles, and now that the roles are going to be reunited in a team again, it’s like a slap in the face. It didn’t work in the past, even under good leadership, and for some reason it’s going to work now? I also worked on big GFL Projects, some that should be worked on right now, and some personal projects. I mainly managed the team and assigned members to do certain works based on their knowledge of their role, for example, making gifs & awesome signatures were @Chef_ & @Radify, making some dope loading screens & pfps were @RVFK and @rose (I cant find her @), etc. So I got to know my members 1-on-1 and changed the Media Team to how they wanted it, and gave them the freedom they deserved instead of having to document how many hours they needed to have done, I gave them the freedom to doc their hours how they wanted, but had to give results of projects in no more than 1 week’s time, and they did an awesome job at that. I created the 2nd in Command role to be something as the Server Manager role is, a manager for each branch, because I envisioned the Media Team growing big enough where it couldn’t be managed by one person, and big projects could be done so fast it’d be insane. That didn’t work out how I expected it to, and cut down on that idea. 

Now here’s the question I’ve asked ever since you were put in TL: What changes have you/will you do to the team? Because ever since I asked that question the answer has always been a “you will see” or “changes are coming”, and I’ve given you in detail what I’ve done, so I’d like for you to do the same.

@Aura (das rose, I gotchu bandit)

76561198048327544.png

@Ash-'s opinion on gmod: 

4smalUvk.png
image.png.c3ced03940ca3f9bff0b8c6b1b425d4f.png

14 minutes ago, Radify said:

well, im not sure if my opinion is valid but, this new change kinda sucks, it was good how it was in the past, no need for changes.

(i'll go more into detail when i come back from work)

It is, see I always liked getting the opinions of the more veteran members that lived through those changes, to see what positive & negative effects certain changes like this would do to a team. It's something I've seen the new leaders not do, and it's really stupid not to take the team's opinion into consideration, since I get it, it's a "hierarchy-based" leadership, but I liked being more of a socialist-based leader, in which the members could express themselves and not feel like their ideas weren't taken into consideration when executing changes. 

Just now, Pyros said:

@Aura (das rose, I gotchu bandit)

Perfect, I had seen above or in some other post she changed her name to Ms. Shadow, I was a tad bit confused as to which one of the 3 names to tag. 

Thanks flameboi

1 minute ago, TheSadBandit said:

It is, see I always liked getting the opinions of the more veteran members that lived through those changes, to see what positive & negative effects certain changes like this would do to a team. It's something I've seen the new leaders not do, and it's really stupid not to take the team's opinion into consideration, since I get it, it's a "hierarchy-based" leadership, but I liked being more of a socialist-based leader, in which the members could express themselves and not feel like their ideas weren't taken into consideration when executing changes. 

It's not called socialist-based, it's called a flat structure, in which the team operates by itself, an example would be a call center.

Except, teams are too small. And individuals need to be handed out tasks separately. It's less about the structure, more about you and I as individuals being inactive or not, productive or otherwise. If things don't work out this time, we might want to look for:

• Individuals whom are inactive.
  • Individuals who refuse to co-operate.
  • Individuals who create/spark drama.
  • Individuals what are active, yet are not productive.
  • Individuals that are not qualified for the job.

And many more criterias which we could filter, to then fix the problem from it's roots.

Achievements