Magiconix

Time For Me to Leave

Hey guys this is my resignation for TTT Rotation staff.

I first joined GFL on May 20th of 2019. The server used to be really dead back then. I joined the server to be met by only two other people. These people happened to both be trial admins. If they hadn't been on at that time, I'm sure I wouldn't have stayed because of my social anxiety. Right before I was about to leave one of them talked to me and we just started kind of messing around and talking a bit. I stayed here for maybe a week and one of the trial admins suggested that I apply for member, so I finally did. Luckily I had @Liloz01 on the server to accept me right away :). After a little while longer, I had the thought in my head to apply for staff and was encouraged by the same trial admin to apply. So, after a little while of trying to find a sponsor, I asked @Zero for a sponsor and immediately got denied because he didn't know who I was :)). After that though, my trial admin friend got his friend @VilhjalmrF to sponsor me. It took about 5 days for me to get accepted but after some +1's and a couple of neutrals, I got trial admin. It really was a nice experience when I first started off. I was so excited to the point where I preferred to handle reports rather than actually play the game. I feel like that's most of the reason why I was able to stay for this long because I actually enjoyed being staff. I got full admin a month later and finally got Senior Admin April 4th of this year. I met some good friends and even my boyfriend @Myst56 on this server. All in all, I'm very grateful to GFL and very happy that I joined it. Now, the reasons for which I'm resigning from staff.

I'm not getting paid to do this yet I'm getting yelled at for being inactive for 3-4 weeks due to being slightly burnt out and the server being changed drastically to the point where it's beyond recognition. There's just been so many things that have been added at once that I feel so out of the loop and I'm being yelled at for losing motivation because I'm overwhelmed with all of the new things added to the server and apparently that's an inadequate reason. I'm expected to be more active simply because I have 'senior' in front of my Admin rank because apparently not being on the server means that I'm just useless. I've been helpful and active on the discord and I've been active with my member acceptor role (which I will keep) but apparently that's not enough for one of our server managers. There have been admins and even senior admins before me that have been more inactive than I have and I realize that we're under new management, however, it seems that I am under more criticism for my inactivity. I used to be on the server for 7 hours a day and now it's gone down to me not being on at all. I used to like handling reports but now it's becoming more of an annoyance than anything. This used to be something that I enjoyed but now it feels like a job. I just don't enjoy it as much as I used to. The server used to be more fun when there were less people and everyone would just roleplay and kill bind. Now there are just tryhards and too many people to deal with in general. It's understandable for the managers to want their staff to be active but not to the point where my opinions are essentially invalidated. Yes, I should've had more insight to give a reason for my inactivity beforehand, however, I thought it was a small bout of it. I thought it was only going to last a week but here we are at almost 4 weeks of not joining the server. I know that this resignation might seem sudden to some, and I'm sorry about that. I ended up thinking things over and realized that it's just not as fun as it used to be. A couple of days ago I had thought about getting on the server after I agreed to keep in mind @BraeLyn2212's proposal of getting on the server whenever she was on so I could learn about all of the new things if I needed help. Braelyn, I'm very grateful that you offered that, you are very kind. Soon after that, however, Duck ended up talking to me about my activity which made me think, do I really want my only activity on the server to be forced? Do I really want to get on the server just because I'm told to? The answer was obviously no. If it was yes, I don't think I'd be writing this resignation right now. I am resigning from staff fully, not just senior admin. As you might be able to tell from my reasoning as to why I'm resigning, admin would not be any different from being senior admin to me.

Now some final words to some people.

@BraeLyn2212 Thank you for offering to help me learn things. I really do appreciate the gesture. Also, congratulations on getting senior admin. I think that you're a great admin and I think you'll be an even better senior admin.

@Adversary I know you're not staff anymore but you were a really good staff member that cared about the server a lot. I think that you're a good friend and I appreciate you being there for me when I had bad days.

@Royal. You were also a really good staff member. You're a really good friend and I hope that we can talk more at some point. (Remember to message me if you want the link to join my discord)

@Duck. Sorry that this is sudden but you should've expected something like this trying to push someone into a corner. I do still consider you a friend and I hope that you'll join back in my discord soon so we can all talk things out.

@JadedJade You are a good friend and great server manager. You've been a part of GFL for a very long time and I think that you have good experience from it. Keep @Duck. in line :) Also remember that you can talk to Myst or I anytime if you need to talk or just want to hang out.

@Myst56 I love you so much and I really hope that everything goes well for you and that you're able to move down here to Texas. I miss you a lot and hope to see you in person again sooner rather than later ❤️

@Waylon Smithers Congrats on senior admin. I never really talked to you much and I was honestly confused that you've been here for a longer time than I thought but, either way, I think that you'll do great as senior admin.

@Kirito_dualswords Keep up the streaming, you're doing great. You should get drunk more often, that was funny.

To all of the other Rotation staff that I didn't mention, I wish y'all luck in your future staffing! (Sorry if I didn't mention you, I either didn't know you very well or didn't have anything to say.)

Posted  Edited by VilhjalmrF

It's been a hell of an experience Magic. I'm sorry to hear this whole admin business was feeling like a job to you and what not but don't let it overwhelm you. And just as I said to Myst and to the others, I'm sorry for not talking much to all of you and I really do wish I stuck around more with the lads. You've all been great when I was still around. See you later.

Edited by VilhjalmrF

Average HL2RP Enjoyer.

Achievements

4 minutes ago, Magiconix said:

I'm expected to be more active simply because I have 'senior' in front of my Admin rank

we all know it works the other way :lenny:

anyways, its sad to see yet another staff go, I don't remember you that well but I hope you can find something else to do that is no longer this server

500k.PNG.7609ad6227a2249acd0bccd38d0d8db4.PNG

dmnolife.PNG.8447196721ffd80bf62066b9321cd807.PNG

Spoiler

marioadmin.PNG

dralgaaboose2.PNG

dralgaaboose1.PNG

loucopmass.PNG

zeroleftnute.PNG

zeronoaccessr.PNG

ryanmean.PNG

zerobreak.PNG

volkghost.PNG

kosadmin.PNG

momdemote.PNG

volkdemote.PNG

godgag2.PNG

kitescreech.PNG

kiteprom.PNG

kitemember.PNG

zeroserver.PNG

kitedemote.PNG

slayall2.PNG

tonydemote.PNG

ryanhot.PNG

volklovetony.PNG

volkgay.PNG

volkmass.PNG

wigglesbeat.PNG

kitesuck.PNG

humcent.PNG

pancakezeroass.PNG

epic.PNG

godunforgive.PNG

squidleave.PNG

zerobrazid.PNG

zeroban.PNG

zeroass.PNG

gamble.PNG

bigflip3.PNG

bigflip2.PNG

bigflip1.PNG

pancakeaboose3.PNG

slayall.PNG

robotrdm.PNG

zeromember.PNG

zeromass.PNG

godgag.PNG

doubleaboose.PNG

prom.PNG

zerohax3.PNG

rdmtest2.PNG

rdmtest.PNG

lilozgay.PNG

lilozcock.PNG

2697y22w4d.PNG

1inchpinch.PNG

ducnihilistic.PNG

zerohax2.PNG

zerogay2.PNG

lilozmember.PNG

pulseaboose3.PNG

kiterdm2.PNG

pulseaboose2.PNG

pulseaboose1.PNG

pulsereee.PNG

zerolazy.PNG

rdmrdm.PNG

sadbanditwish.PNG

vaglol.PNG

zerodemotion.PNG

pancakeass.PNG

Achievements

Posted  Edited by BraeLyn2212

I’ll miss you, honest. You were a really good admin, and you always helped me out if I needed help. Definitely wouldn’t be where I am without you. I hope to see you around - as a player, or just my dms. We don’t talk very much at all, but I’ll always be here for you if you need someone to talk to. Thank you for everything, and especially the kind words in this message. 

I hope you find everything you want and are looking for in life. Have fun, live and be safe. 

💜

Edited by BraeLyn2212

Best wishes,

GayLyn

6 minutes ago, BraeLyn2212 said:

I’ll miss you, honest. You were a really good admin, and you always helped me out if I needed help. Definitely wouldn’t be where I am without you. I hope to see you around - as a player, or just my dms. We don’t talk very much at all, but I’ll always be here for you if you need someone to talk to. Thank you for everything, and especially the kind words in this message. 

I hope you find everything you want and are looking for in life. Have fun, live and be safe. 

💜

you like jazz?

Average HL2RP Enjoyer.

Achievements

damn I should have talked to you more... 😪 bet you don't even know me LOL

But I'll like to say is to have fun and good luck ❤️

buzz_lightyear.png

Achievements