Severely_Artistic

Minecraft Division

Minecraft Division  

76 members have voted

1. 1. Make a Minecraft division?

I was the one paying for it the original time. But yes as Hacking (Don't want to tag her if she doesn't want to be tagged) stated, I wouldn't want to go through that again. We gave it a chance, and it didn't work too well. I also want to mention that Roy said something along the lines of not wanting to try it again. The whole reason why it got shut down was no population.

pfs.gif.0454852536d8143a5e368e9f7a24a8a4.gif

credits to @Clavers

Achievements

Gonna have to vote no on this one. Last time we tried it we had a good manager staff and admins who were active. Staff isn't the issue, the issue is the game itself. It just doesn't work, there's no hook to it. Starting a server on a game that's existed for 7 years is hard because there's nothing new you can really do with it. Sure, get the best admins we have on it, the best managers, server will run like a dream. But there's nothing we can do to the server that hasn't been done before, nothing interesting to keep people coming. 

And before you say "well what about just keeping the GFL community coming?" If it were that easy we'd still have a server up. pretty much the only people we had playing it last time we had a server up were GFL people, but it just flopped. It hasn't succeeded before and I don't see it succeeding ever.

The King in Gmod. 

1 hour ago, EJ. said:

No. This is just insanity (literally).

A person tries to make something work that has failed every time before and hoping for a different result is insanity.

1 hour ago, _Eli said:

Been tried to many times and failed to even be considered in my mind

1 hour ago, Lionel_Moosi said:

Gonna have to vote no on this one. Last time we tried it we had a good manager staff and admins who were active. Staff isn't the issue, the issue is the game itself. It just doesn't work, there's no hook to it. Starting a server on a game that's existed for 7 years is hard because there's nothing new you can really do with it. Sure, get the best admins we have on it, the best managers, server will run like a dream. But there's nothing we can do to the server that hasn't been done before, nothing interesting to keep people coming. 

And before you say "well what about just keeping the GFL community coming?" If it were that easy we'd still have a server up. pretty much the only people we had playing it last time we had a server up were GFL people, but it just flopped. It hasn't succeeded before and I don't see it succeeding ever.

Good to know all three of you basically didn't read anything I've said so far about this shit with the "tried too many times" / "didn't succeed before therefore never".

@Lionel_Moosi that is complete bullshit. There is constantly new things coming out. As Minecraft continues to update, more people think of new ideas for plugins and other shit.

Retard

TTT Admin

Breach Admin

Ragdoll Combat Manager

76561198116532521.png

QieICm4iRd6R572F6QZmzQ.png

qIbaita.gif

I did read it actually. If you would have read mine instead of just seeing "no", you would see probably the most factual reason why not to do it. 

SSG, we're friends, but you need to realize that you're being insane. It'll never work. Give it up.

759110999_GFLSignature.png.5f98a0d75491ad7bc17aaf7a35c1f7bf.png

Thank you @AceOfSpadesMM for the signature! Very much appreciated.

3 minutes ago, EJ. said:

I did read it actually. If you would have read mine instead of just seeing "no", you would see probably the most factual reason why not to do it. 

SSG, we're friends, but you need to realize that you're being insane. It'll never work. Give it up.

No, I read your Albert Einstein quote of course. I just see it as an excuse though.

Like I said previously, unless you have the magic fucking crystal ball to tell the future, no one can say something will never work.

If you like looking back at historical figures, so will I then. A man named Milton Hershey (you know, chocolate and stuff) failed (I believe) twice to make his business successful. At the third time, he had finally gotten a company, Lancaster Caramel Co, and sold it to begin making his chocolate business and whatever his endeavors go on to be. I guess you can call him insane by your standards if we're comparing insanity with a minecraft server that has failed twice or three times. He was successful after failing in the past, others can be successful after failing in the past. 

Retard

TTT Admin

Breach Admin

Ragdoll Combat Manager

76561198116532521.png

qIbaita.gif

Posted  Edited by Astro - Edit Reason: ;)

It would attract youngest audiences...

*I wonder how I know ;)*

I feel like if we keep it just a normal survival server, it wouldn't work out, but maybe a base server, then teleporters to servers that include mod packs, so our server can be multi-packed, and attract more people, but yes, starting it as a survival server would work out well.

DONT ASK HOW I KNOW MODPACKS ITS OBVIOUS SO LEAVE ME ALONE <3

•SkyFactory 3

•SkyFactory 2.5

•FTB Infinity Evolved

•FTB Infinity Lite

•Attack on the B Team (not advised, very laggy and could crash server)

•Aether

•Aether 2

•Pixelmon

there are more I can list, but I'm not on my computer right now so I don't have the list for it. 

I believe that have a minecraft server would bring in a younger audience, but we would probably need a chat filter, as it could make kids want to leave.

Plugins that could be used by staff

•World-edit

Plugins that create game modes

•Factions (or Factions Plus)

•(I don't know orig name for this one) but adds mini games to be played in the lobbies

•Prison

•Skyblock

*Will be adding more game modes/plugins/mod packs to this list.*

Overall, I think the server could work out, but I don't really know for sure.

Yes I know a lot about minecraft leave me alone I am a kid still so DEAL WITH IT <3

If we have good staff, a great community, and great manager, it would work out, I'm not sure about this, though.

Edited by Astro
;)

VIOLATORSAIDSO.png

thanks @Violator

7 hours ago, Severely_Artistic said:

Like I said previously, unless you have the magic fucking crystal ball to tell the future, no one can say something will never work.

besides I dont know, everyone who was when both minecraft server happened? It was just like this "Lets get a minecraft server, its updating, plugins, etc" and both time it failed, both time we had capable members on charge of it

76561198048327544.png

@Ash-'s opinion on gmod: 

4smalUvk.png
image.png.c3ced03940ca3f9bff0b8c6b1b425d4f.png

18 minutes ago, HackingPotato said:

Its not magic, its logic. When you have been in this community as long as I have you just know what works and what doesn't. Purge and TTT were a great add because we knew it would entice the general population. Every suggestion for minecraft has been the same, "Lets give it another try!!" then the community supports it, then it dies. It just a game that does not work with this community. 

You are being rather aggressive, by the way. There is no need for remarks like that. You can get your point across without acting like an ass. Instead of waving away peoples comments because they're "excuses", try refuting with your points and why you disagree. Your half ass statements are not changing my opinion nor is it helping me see your perspective because it just seems like pure ignorance and denial then an actual debate. 

Remember, you are suggesting this to the community (as you've said), try being more polite.

Fair enough. I see your point on my aggression. I guess I might've gotten a bit triggered by the basic remarks being made to shoot down idea (after they've been responded to already) but I can agree it's better to be polite.

As for the whole "Lets it another try!" thing, I don't buy it. It's been months and I haven't seen this and I don't see where these suggestions are. 

Keep in mind, I am only suggesting the re-opening of the division, not the server itself, so maybe we could try something new or get a new game mode in.

Retard

TTT Admin

Breach Admin

Ragdoll Combat Manager

76561198116532521.png

qIbaita.gif

Why? We've put a FINE server together twice before, and twice it's not worked out because we don't have the ability to sustain a minecraft community. Why waste the time to build this if we as a community generally don't want to have one?

4 hours ago, Severely_Artistic said:

It's been months and I haven't seen this

So if it doesn't work out again we just give it a few more "months" and "years" and then give it another try? Obviously there have been people like you saying give the minecraft server another shot and from what I heard it's been given multiple chances over the past couple years. Are we going to keep pushing something which hasn't worked on multiple trys? I agree with your idea for work on change and new servers but there's a reason minecraft was shut MULTIPLE times mind you so a minecraft server is a no from me. I now you're going to bring up the new addons and stuff but minecraft adds stuff all the time. New stuff was added back then too and it never worked. I do not agree with Einsteins quote at all but for a minecraft server I'm going to say no.

Achievements

5 hours ago, Kubnair said:

So if it doesn't work out again we just give it a few more "months" and "years" and then give it another try? Obviously there have been people like you saying give the minecraft server another shot and from what I heard it's been given multiple chances over the past couple years. Are we going to keep pushing something which hasn't worked on multiple trys? I agree with your idea for work on change and new servers but there's a reason minecraft was shut MULTIPLE times mind you so a minecraft server is a no from me. I now you're going to bring up the new addons and stuff but minecraft adds stuff all the time. New stuff was added back then too and it never worked. I do not agree with Einsteins quote at all but for a minecraft server I'm going to say no.

I honestly don't believe twice would exactly count as "multiple tries".

Again, I'm not suggesting the server, just the division. We don't even know what server to choose and people are already shooting it down. Don't you see a problem there?

Now as for the people constantly saying "the community doesn't want this", that's not fully true. The polls on here show 20 people want this and 18 people don't with more votes coming in. The community is divided on this, not all not wanting this.

Retard

TTT Admin

Breach Admin

Ragdoll Combat Manager

76561198116532521.png

qIbaita.gif

Posted  Edited by Baked

I succeed to see the lack of respect and maturity in this topic although it is a great idea in my opinion.

It's more a family friendly game that can't be ruined by that jerk that thinks age defines maturity.

It's a new division and a new way for GFL to get more players. Minecraft is a popular game and always has been so if we were to open up a server for the game I think it would expand our community and make it better.

Opinions are different and if you don't agree with me you don't have to. I just hate to see so much hate on such an innocent topic.

Opinions do not have to turn into arguments and I'm pretty sure all of you know that to. So if you disagree that we should add the MC Division just kindly state so and don't get too out of hand. I might just be jumping to conclusions but some of these replies are kinda harsh.

Edited by Baked

I am member on...

EVERYTHING!

ikilledroy.png.67c92b06382380dddcb1f8bf008bd063.png

noobs.png.0cf2d21bc81d219e9dd4ecbc869fc7fe.png

weirdserver.PNG.f1961b5cf0f22eb404ad0dcecc0c0f92.PNG

Interesting how I found this on SourceBans..

1khours.PNG.55315719558ceee643fe10faa7f9418b.PNG

signature.PNG.678535f00d34c4cd3e511ea8ce33b603.PNG

I SPENT 10 MINUTES TYPING A WELL EDUCATED COMEBACK TO A CHATBOX COMMENT AND THIS IS WHAT I GET?get rekt

sdadasdsadasd.gif.e8ae30d871c1e0c7058f2860a0c859f1.gif

360 turn one deag. Thanks Valve.(New application for Faze.)

592fa5f7b9714_giphy(11).gif.7fd2bb0984170a02502ade3c20d4719a.gif

You know what they say, the more orange juice you drink, the less percent you are to become a zombie. -Baked 2017

@Baked let me tell you how it all started. 

Last year, Minecraft was created by two set of teams. The first team didn't know the second team already made one. The second team had permission from Roy and soja to create a server. It was premium. But unfortunately, I was the one paying for the server hosting. The higher ups doesn't want to pay or host. Although they did create the server for us but I was the one paying. At that time, we didn't know there was another team as they didn't let Roy know of it. No, I wasn't manager but Sentiel was. It went down the drain when he allowed people to create pixel nudes art. The original idea that I put out was to create a spawn point base, but no, that never happened. He got demoted and first team took over. I still continued to pay. First team had everything done but not a single player chose to come on and play. Eventually, we shut it down because of lack of players after having it up for about 4 months. So, no. I am not sorry if we were rude that we chose to not do it again. The first team was hacking, Kim, and some other people I forgot who. 

pfs.gif.0454852536d8143a5e368e9f7a24a8a4.gif

credits to @Clavers

Achievements

1 minute ago, Bae said:

@Baked let me tell you how it all started. 

Last year, Minecraft was created by two set of teams. The first team didn't know the second team already made one. The second team had permission from Roy and soja to create a server. It was premium. But unfortunately, I was the one paying for the server hosting. The higher ups doesn't want to pay or host. Although they did create the server for us but I was the one paying. At that time, we didn't know there was another team as they didn't let Roy know of it. No, I wasn't manager but Sentiel was. It went down the drain when he allowed people to create pixel nudes art. The original idea that I put out was to create a spawn point base, but no, that never happened. He got demoted and first team took over. I still continued to pay. First team had everything done but not a single player chose to come on and play. Eventually, we shut it down because of lack of players after having it up for about 4 months. So, no. I am not sorry if we were rude that we chose to not do it again. The first team was hacking, Kim, and some other people I forgot who. 

Interesting story. I have to comment on this though.

That second team that had chosen to allow "pixel nudes art". Do you not see a flaw with this? It's pretty fucking blatant and unfair that because they fucked up the first attempt, it contributes to the part of the community not wanting to try again.

The first team had it unfair, too. People first joined a server that was fresh, saw it was shit, and left, not to come back. That gives the first team an VERY LARGE disadvantage as the server might end up being lowered in ranks on lists. 

You know what we can do then on this try? We can have shit like voting systems set up, which I am confident people everywhere will help with, get an appropriate staff team together that doesn't allow pixel nudes art, and have everything be a LOT more organized cuz if Roy doesn't know about a team that's supposed to work on a server, that sounds like a problem to me.

Having a fresh, clean start to go on with Minecraft would help a lot and my confidence is re-assured that it would turn out great.

Retard

TTT Admin

Breach Admin

Ragdoll Combat Manager

76561198116532521.png

qIbaita.gif