Severely_Artistic

Minecraft Division

Minecraft Division  

76 members have voted

1. 1. Make a Minecraft division?

1 minute ago, Severely_Artistic said:

Interesting story. I have to comment on this though.

That second team that had chosen to allow "pixel nudes art". Do you not see a flaw with this? It's pretty fucking blatant and unfair that because they fucked up the first attempt, it contributes to the part of the community not wanting to try again.

The first team had it unfair, too. People first joined a server that was fresh, saw it was shit, and left, not to come back. That gives the first team an VERY LARGE disadvantage as the server might end up being lowered in ranks on lists. 

You know what we can do then on this try? We can have shit like voting systems set up, which I am confident people everywhere will help with, get an appropriate staff team together that doesn't allow pixel nudes art, and have everything be a LOT more organized cuz if Roy doesn't know about a team that's supposed to work on a server, that sounds like a problem to me.

Having a fresh, clean start to go on with Minecraft would help a lot and my confidence is re-assured that it would turn out great.

How does one stop @Violator And @Fx280 from making dicks on a server. I sure as hell don't know.

Achievements

Posted  Edited by Astro - Edit Reason: ninja edit
4 minutes ago, rapperdan said:

How does one stop @Violator And @Fx280 from making dicks on a server. I sure as hell don't know.

there is no stop to @Violator and @Fx280

Edited by Astro
ninja edit

VIOLATORSAIDSO.png

thanks @Violator

14 minutes ago, Bae said:

@Baked let me tell you how it all started. 

Last year, Minecraft was created by two set of teams. The first team didn't know the second team already made one. The second team had permission from Roy and soja to create a server. It was premium. But unfortunately, I was the one paying for the server hosting. The higher ups doesn't want to pay or host. Although they did create the server for us but I was the one paying. At that time, we didn't know there was another team as they didn't let Roy know of it. No, I wasn't manager but Sentiel was. It went down the drain when he allowed people to create pixel nudes art. The original idea that I put out was to create a spawn point base, but no, that never happened. He got demoted and first team took over. I still continued to pay. First team had everything done but not a single player chose to come on and play. Eventually, we shut it down because of lack of players after having it up for about 4 months. So, no. I am not sorry if we were rude that we chose to not do it again. The first team was hacking, Kim, and some other people I forgot who. 

GFL changes a lot and I believe in second chances. Although this story is tragic, I believe this time GFL can improve and make the division alot better than last time. Like I said, you don't have to agree and I appreciate the maturity of your reply.

I am member on...

EVERYTHING!

ikilledroy.png.67c92b06382380dddcb1f8bf008bd063.png

noobs.png.0cf2d21bc81d219e9dd4ecbc869fc7fe.png

weirdserver.PNG.f1961b5cf0f22eb404ad0dcecc0c0f92.PNG

Interesting how I found this on SourceBans..

1khours.PNG.55315719558ceee643fe10faa7f9418b.PNG

signature.PNG.678535f00d34c4cd3e511ea8ce33b603.PNG

I SPENT 10 MINUTES TYPING A WELL EDUCATED COMEBACK TO A CHATBOX COMMENT AND THIS IS WHAT I GET?get rekt

sdadasdsadasd.gif.e8ae30d871c1e0c7058f2860a0c859f1.gif

360 turn one deag. Thanks Valve.(New application for Faze.)

592fa5f7b9714_giphy(11).gif.7fd2bb0984170a02502ade3c20d4719a.gif

You know what they say, the more orange juice you drink, the less percent you are to become a zombie. -Baked 2017

You have to understand the part that I've mentioned that GFL will not be paying for it even if this was allowed. The first Minecraft, I don't know the story of it since it shut down right when I joined GFL

I can assure you the community isn't mature. Maybe some of you are but not everyone or most of the people. And I've noticed it's the trolls that voted yes.

pfs.gif.0454852536d8143a5e368e9f7a24a8a4.gif

credits to @Clavers

Achievements

Bae, I am pretty sure all of GFL's dedicators and donators will be able to do their part in supporting the servers if they do decide to make the division. If people REALLY wanted it then they should dedicate a little money to help support it. And yes, you did say most of them were trolls but alot of them were not I believe. I really think the division can help GFL rise to it's fullest.

I am member on...

EVERYTHING!

ikilledroy.png.67c92b06382380dddcb1f8bf008bd063.png

noobs.png.0cf2d21bc81d219e9dd4ecbc869fc7fe.png

weirdserver.PNG.f1961b5cf0f22eb404ad0dcecc0c0f92.PNG

Interesting how I found this on SourceBans..

1khours.PNG.55315719558ceee643fe10faa7f9418b.PNG

signature.PNG.678535f00d34c4cd3e511ea8ce33b603.PNG

I SPENT 10 MINUTES TYPING A WELL EDUCATED COMEBACK TO A CHATBOX COMMENT AND THIS IS WHAT I GET?get rekt

sdadasdsadasd.gif.e8ae30d871c1e0c7058f2860a0c859f1.gif

360 turn one deag. Thanks Valve.(New application for Faze.)

592fa5f7b9714_giphy(11).gif.7fd2bb0984170a02502ade3c20d4719a.gif

You know what they say, the more orange juice you drink, the less percent you are to become a zombie. -Baked 2017

Posted  Edited by positive

A stable minecraft server could increase the donations on an insane rate. Just give the access to someone who's not a complete shithead, someone who actually has a clue what the fuck they're doing.

Seriously I've seen minecraft servers in this community go from the hands of Richman, to floopy, to whoever else since 2013. The only actual issue is that nobody gave enough fucks to set it up the correct way. Find the right person and give it a go.

Edited by positive

17 minutes ago, Baked said:

Bae, I am pretty sure all of GFL's dedicators and donators will be able to do their part in supporting the servers if they do decide to make the division. If people REALLY wanted it then they should dedicate a little money to help support it. And yes, you did say most of them were trolls but alot of them were not I believe. I really think the division can help GFL rise to it's fullest

The donation wasn't the problem at all. We actually had more then than we have now. Ive donated GFL multiple times along with paying for other people VIP so I understand about dedication. But as I've mentioned it is not only about money.

The decision is still up to Roy in the end.

credits to @Clavers

Achievements

32 minutes ago, Bae said:

You have to understand the part that I've mentioned that GFL will not be paying for it even if this was allowed. The first Minecraft, I don't know the story of it since it shut down right when I joined GFL

I can assure you the community isn't mature. Maybe some of you are but not everyone or most of the people. And I've noticed it's the trolls that voted yes.

Just because they're "trolls" doesn't mean they can't have an opinion on what they want for the community. Their vote counts equal to others, not as a troll one.

Retard

TTT Admin

Breach Admin

Ragdoll Combat Manager

76561198116532521.png

QieICm4iRd6R572F6QZmzQ.png

qIbaita.gif

Posted  Edited by Bae
7 minutes ago, Severely_Artistic said:

Just because they're "trolls" doesn't mean they can't have an opinion on what they want for the community. Their vote counts equal to others, not as a troll one.

Also at that time, it was not the regular people voting but dan's meme team + you. Now it's a bunch of regular people. But have you noticed one of the trolls' reasons? But like I said, it's up to Roy decision not the Director. But roy.

P.S. I don't like trolls because they eventually disappeared. I will not explain who but most people know who they are.

Edited by Bae

credits to @Clavers

Achievements

2 hours ago, Astro said:

when Roy replies to a post

IMG_0593.PNG.c450f2c391819015d0c8eb1efa6e9bba.PNG

2 hours ago, Astro said:

THERE ARE MORE

IMG_0594.PNG.f0a7c36b8d6c15ca4be47e2cab8c30fc.PNG

This is a effect, the, ROY-O-EFFECT

de85e858a4.png

Don't believe anyone saying that Roy doesn't just make them look at it.

Snow Owl.jpg

Achievements

4 hours ago, Bae said:

Also at that time, it was not the regular people voting but dan's meme team + you. Now it's a bunch of regular people. But have you noticed one of the trolls' reasons? But like I said, it's up to Roy decision not the Director. But roy.

One way or another, a vote is a vote. I don't understand why you don't take into consideration trolls who think Minecraft is some nerdy game or whatever and we shouldn't do it cuz of that and it's cringy or whatever. That's just not fair.

4 hours ago, Skittlez said:

why is this still being discussed.

Just cuz you don't want it doesn't mean others don't. We are debating on whether or not we should have this.

3 hours ago, Roy said:

We have tried Minecraft in the past and it has failed multiple times. Though, I don't believe we should completely cut out the idea of having a MC division in the future.

I won't be putting a MC server on one of our NFO machines. Therefore, we're going to have to wait for the Linux back end to be complete for our future OVH move/expansion before considering a MC division again.

I also believe we need to start focusing on other important things in GFL and leave the idea of a MC division alone until a majority of our big projects are complete.

Overall, I do appreciate the suggestion! I don't think we're completely cutting out the idea of a MC division. However, it will take time until we consider it again.

P.S. Yes, I am "insane".

Thanks!

Yay! Good to hear it can be considered in the future. Please take into account the 33 upvotes to 20 downvotes in the voting polls on this. I really want a solid consideration nonetheless.

To be completely honest, I did not expect this idea to get through to the BODs/Roy himself after seeing so many people try shooting this down. Really glad to see the community can make a change. I hope to see a Minecraft server go up soon.

Best of luck with the rest of the projects.

Retard

TTT Admin

Breach Admin

Ragdoll Combat Manager

76561198116532521.png

QieICm4iRd6R572F6QZmzQ.png

qIbaita.gif

18 hours ago, Severely_Artistic said:

Just cuz you don't want it doesn't mean others don't.

Fine, I'll give you my actual opinion.

Let me begin by providing a little background information about my Minecraft history. My journey began sometime in 2012; to be frank, I really can't remember too well. I played on a client that would permit myself to join cracked servers; admittedly I didn't have the funds to purchase an account. At the time I truly had no interest in playing Minecraft for a long time. It felt like one of those poorly made Roblox games. However, after playing for a few months with friends I decided to purchase my first premium account. (For those of you who are going to say, "Oh, yeah sure you played back then." https://i.gyazo.com/7a0b32a1c2f687f1bd65bc625a05927c.png This was my first MC account I purchased.) After purchasing this account I was exposed to a variety of multiplayer servers I never got to play on previously. This was an awesome feeling, having my own account and being able to do whatever I want with it. I played a lot, and I mean a LOT during the following years. My friends and I would come home from school and play on a few different servers playing factions or whatever we wanted. At some point, I found CowCraft which became my favorite factions server and is where I stayed for some time. We played on there for a few months, growing with the community, getting rep in the markets, etc, etc. Then, of course, I found Mineplex and yadda yadda yadda... Anywho, I'll stop boring you with my life story of Minecraft and get to the point. 

Some time later, around a year or two, I decided to begin moderating and administrating servers. I believed this was a large step in my status of Minecraft, I had no will to administrate a server until the time came. I applied for some small 15-30 player server and surprising got it. The job wasn't very difficult, admittedly it was invite only. Sometimes you'd have people grief the server and it'd be the moderator's job to clean it up and roll back the changes. This was a simple task of selecting the area and doing some commands with time periods. Since this was my first position of responsibility I tried my best to do as well as I could. Buttttt, the server shut down due to a lack of donations, unfortunate. However, it was truly fun while it lasted and I wish it was still online. So, I went out looking for another server that I could moderate, moving up from 10-15 to servers with 50-100. It wasn't much of a step because the staff teams were larger, but was a change in mindset. Finding hackers to screen sharing and searching computer files, very fun and absolutely great memories. 

After climbing through the ranks and getting higher positions and responsibilities I arrived at my first management position. The server I was managing had around 150-250 players constant and a peek of 300 during the summer. Not that bad for a simple MC factions server. I was experienced to server side permissions and config files etc. I left the community due to a lack of good management, the owner was a high school drop out.

Finally, after a long period of time, I found the most recent server I administrated for, Velocity-MC.  This server wasn't really that bad, they had a really nice training guide and well-made servers. They used custom coded plugins for all servers along with a balanced economy throughout the servers. I moved around through the ranks from a helper, to mod, to admin and so on. Great community, however, I needed to focus on school so I had to resign. One thing that sucks is when you resign the head-developer perm bans you for the reason: "Removing perms" and then you typically don't get unbanned... but they just did a revamp and cleared out the ban list so I'm unbanned. 

Now, my comment on your idea for a new MC server. From what I've heard the server was well made but poorly managed. Fair enough, there are many things that go into a well managed MC server. Creating well-made maps, active people 24/7 whether this be (AFK) bots or actual players, a nice theme in the server, catchy names, balanced gameplay, etc. I have no doubt that the previous server failed due to lack in any of these areas, but instead a lack of community support. A large area of building a new server is having active dedicated members. Try playing factions with 5 people, it's really not that fun since you just raid each other over and over again. However, try playing factions with 50 people; many bases all through the world, lots of trades, battles, ideas, and new people! It's a big game-changing idea but is needed to support a growing server. Community-support isn't the only thing a server needs but is just a major thing, no player = no growth. 

TL;DR:

I am all for a Minecraft server, I've been suggesting that for a good amount of time now (In the higher-up discord). However, I believe we're going at this in the wrong way. I'm truly surprised at the number of people willing to support this idea. I'm also astonished that @Roy is willing to try it again even with the result of the previous server. However, you all need to take into consideration what he has said. 

22 hours ago, Roy said:

...we're going to have to wait for the Linux back end to be complete for our future OVH move/expansion before considering a MC division again.

[...]

I also believe we need to start focusing on other important things in GFL and leave the idea of a MC division alone until a majority of our big projects are complete.

Roy has a very good point, there are many other things that the community as a whole should be prioritizing over a Minecraft server. This is a good idea and will be taken into consideration post launch of the Linux back end but just needs to wait. If any of you have questions feel free to ask, we're all willing to comment until a higher-up decides to close this discussion. 

Thanks, Skittlez.

IMO this is pretty much just a cycle:

-Minecraft gets suggested to be brought as a server

-Eventually it becomes a server with a manager and all that

-Server goes under development and that goes pretty well

-Manager/community gets bored with the server

-Server dies

I'm not kidding when I say that this cycle has happened before. If you truly want a minecraft server, someone has to be so dedicated to it and NEVER get bored of it. I don't even believe we had a successful server out of development either.

76561198088916523.png