nethererack

Removing the negev

So ever since GFL has added the "Top Defender" plugin I feel like its just been a useless plugin and has no real reward for becoming "Top Defender" Also I feel like with the negev being a laser beam its too easy for people to sit back and doorhug and still get top defender without really defending.

So what I was thinking to make it actually meaningful, if you get top defender (The top 3) you should be able to have mother zombie protection, but with this being a thing, the negev should be removed so those who are actually in the front defending are the ones who are rewarded instead of the negev users who sit back not really helping the team.

Also removing the negev could help alot of those users who usually use the negev at the boss stop dying because they don't know to switch to their knife on certain attacks (Pull/Push)

Your argument to this could be "Well, its good for holds" well yes but its not needed if everyone is shooting, also this could possibly lead to making more people to step up and help the team defend because they cant really sit back and laser beam the zombies from the door.  

Chill Water Fall.gif

Better idea, what about reverting the negev back to the original form? Change the price up to $5600 (or whatever it was) and increasing spread of bullets. This way the gun can be used for massive holds and DPS on bosses without removing it all together.

As discussed before, top defender won't have any form of MZ Protection as the reward.

Removing negev in ZE as a whole is a dumb and impractical way to handle things, tweaking it on the hand, is much better and logical

Posted  Edited by kato
1 hour ago, xSnowyAngel said:

As discussed before, top defender won't have any form of MZ Protection as the reward.

Removing negev in ZE as a whole is a dumb and impractical way to handle things, tweaking it on the hand, is much better and logical

Then why continue to have the plugin on the server if you're just going to give people a crown...

Edited by kato

Chill Water Fall.gif

@kato, i respect that it can be frustrating on both ends...

but,

at the end of the day im just here to have fun with friends, @crobat has been manual restricting negevs in his maps and if this becomes too much of a big deal im sure other mappers will do the same.

In the meantime, just sit back and watch the world implode.

I don't think we will be removing negevs entirely from the server any time soon. Its a reasonable gun depending on different situations (boss fights, hard holds that may require a higher firerate, etc). If the mapper creates their maps with the intention of restricting negevs, we are totally okay with it but eliminating the gun all together doesn't seem like a very practical way to address the problem.

We are thinking of tweaking negev settings in the server, however.

This will be discussed in a meeting soon.

Posted  Edited by gkuo88

Lol no

Those who pursue top defender will always abuse mechanics because they are smart. Remove negev and they'll probably switch to the m249 which is even more flexible. Remove that and they'll just switch to rifle at low zombies and a smg at high zombies. 

Defending as close to the zombies isn't the best playstyle either as if you're sloppy you become zombie prey easily and you still wont get top defender because you died early on and did minimal damage.

To remove an entire gameplay option for humans just for some balance of a plugin is  a bad exchange. To remove that option because you're upset that people aren't playing the way you want them to is pointless because they'll just switch to another method that you dont agree with.

As far as im concerned, the negev shouldnt even be tweaked. High damage, fire rate, and magazine, low price, yet it makes you slow as shit on almost all actions and its spread is crazy. It makes you an easy target on maps that make you move alot, but also makes holds easier for maps with stupid 30 second long defenses or when there are a low number of players. That verses the m249, which makes you move faster, has lower spread while moving, but doesnt have the same crazy power as the negev while not moving. Its just another gameplay option in the end of it all.

Attempts in the past to balance guns to make them all equal never really worked because players will simply move to the next weapon they regarded as overpowered, or all weapons pretty much became the same experience and thus players were left with a low selection of playstyles. Zombie escape has always been broken, and it should have been obvious that doorhuggers will get the better slice of things. And no matter how you try to twist them into playing the manner you want them to, it isn't going to work, doorhuggers are gonna doorhug, not start defending when they begin losing alot.

6 hours ago, kato said:

but its not needed if everyone is shooting

Dont make theoretical assumptions. Just because it can happen or just because it did happen before, doesnt mean people are going to do it every single time. And if they dont do it on a regular basis, then the map will simply end up played much less often, when they begin losing alot.

6 hours ago, kato said:

this could possibly lead to making more people to step up and help the team defend 

Dont make this assumption either. Just because all of a sudden, something needs more work than usual, doesn't mean people will do the work. Hard maps are a prime example, people already know they have to place in extra effort to win the map. But instead they just avoid the map on a normal basis and save it for specific sessions.

Edited by gkuo88

The top defender does have a use, you can spam in the text chat without the chat stopping your messages from going through.

I was top and was testing my binds and the chat was fucking FILLED with my messages.

I was so close to getting gagged 0.0

20 minutes ago, Clencher said:

The top defender does have a use, you can spam in the text chat without the chat stopping your messages from going through.

I was top and was testing my binds and the chat was fucking FILLED with my messages.

I was so close to getting gagged 0.0

Gags don't stop sm and / commands. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Personally i would suggest lowering the knockback of the negev, although raising its price is also a really good alternative to nerfing it, especially with the rebuy setup we have :lenny:

10 hours ago, hotEvercLear said:

there are several popular maps that are unwinnable without he negev...

Were these maps unwinnable before the negev change?

Just give the m249 150 bullets

Not my negev! I'm fine with the way Crobat does things honestly. He restricts it on maps that should be more challenging or played a certain way.
Also I think increasing the price is definitely fair. You can buy 9 negevs with the starting money which is just a ridiculous amount coming from someone who uses it all the time.

-Sneaky

Posted  Edited by vochihieu93 - Edit Reason: Nepu Nepu

In any case, removing the weapon in my opinion is not a good idea (if the mapper removes it, I do not complain, because I think they think about it)
I like to use negev, but I do not like players constantly rebuy to reduce reload time, to overcome this, we can raise the price of buying negev, I think $ 5,000 ~ $ 6000 is reasonable
Or players can not buy new weapons when the ammunition is not full (eg negev 134 / xxx), or the player can buy but new ammo will be 0 / xxx and they are required to reload.

Obviously, the price of negev is too low and the player constantly rebuy has created a huge advantage for humans, this in my opinion is unreasonable and should be edited.

About the top defender, I still support the present, there is not any advantage, everyone is the same, the player skills will decide all

Edited by vochihieu93
Nepu Nepu