RivalRevival

We're here.

rip dream, the tango exec - anyone sufferin you gotta reach out 👍

Philosophy's nice, but it's also a bit terrifying if you dip your toes in too deep.

I still like learning, though.

also i need an nsfw approval for my potential aura x rogue thing MAKE IT HAPPEN

I'm also here if anyone needs someone to vent to or just someone to talk to. All my forms of contact are public and you can contact me any way you choose. We are here for you ❤️

image.png.455b0958692443af0d9fe20eb55fd040.png

image.png.21aa1a0e68b43986644510f4943d8da2.png

image.png

image.png.2bd5e5880fdc1914d17d44b64f15f6ae.png

I am here for those who needs a vent, someone to listen, or to talk, or just to be there for them. Depression, self-harm, and suicidal is no fun, as the Wiggles stated, you are never alone. 

We game for life. 

76561198043643390.png

Guest SkydivingSquid

Anyone who is a part of the GFL community from players to the Directorate have a support system here. Like WigglesWorth said, get help if you are in a bad spot. There is no shame in it what-so-ever. It takes strength. Even if it is just talking to someone else. I will always be available to talk to anyone. Ive been there and we can get through it together.  ~Squid 🦑

Posted  Edited by GFL Butter

Rest In Peace Dream, she was truly one of the friendliest staff members in our affiliates. She created many programs since 2016 that still shine today, her hard-working and dedication allowed me to keep her memorable in my collection of thoughts. God bless her mother and brother for experiencing such tragic event in front of them. We love you, Dream, you'll always be missed ;( 

Edited by GFL Butter

As a sufferer of suicidal ideation (and someone who has attempted multiple times in the past), it makes me feel more sane seeing someone announce this but I also want to point out that the suicide hotline's reaction to you talking out isn't always positive because not everyone who has been screened to volunteer for it are empathetic. Not everyone who you reach out to will react with kindness, unfortunately. It's always hard hearing about someone whose life was taken away by suicide because from the outside looking in, everything seems fine. But from someone who suffers from terrible mental illness, things aren't always fine. I'm always here if someone needs to talk but I always want to encourage people to seek out counseling too (if they're able) because no untrained professional should be the only source of encouragement/support/etc for someone. Life can be really rough and difficult but things DO get better with time. To people who need help, I highly suggest journaling because it has helped me immensely with reviewing my progress in my life and my erratic outlook on it. Good luck to those who are in that dark place and my condolences to the ones whose hearts are hurting from this tragic loss.  

┍━━—━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┑

spacer.png

┕━━—━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┙

Posted  Edited by BeanSparrow2206

I will always here for anybody. Anybody who needs someone to talk to, to vent to, and anything else my door is always open. I know how it can be. Ive tried and done things in the past. I still struggle with my depression and anxiety. I know it may seem like it, but I promise its not the end of the world. I promise the good will come. There are people who love you. I know it can be hard to talk. ''The pain you bring upon yourself is carried over to your loved ones.'' Ive lived by this line ever since. Its never easy talking about whats going on in life. But I would rather someone reach out to me even though I am a total stranger than do what I have done in the past. I will always be here for anyone and ill stay up with u as long as u need. Were here for anybody as a community. As a friend. We can get through it together. We are Gamers For Life ❤️ 

Edited by BeanSparrow2206

770524299_BS-Copy.jpg.37ff03c3ca97f48994e08654a361d046.jpg

MMMMMMM AHHHHHHHHHHHH (2).jpg

Didn't know what happened until now, and that truly sucks. Hope the family, friends, loved ones can recover one day from this.

As for the post itself, thank you. Thank you so much.

Makes me feel at home being in a community knowing I can always reach out to someone. Same for everyone else.

And, if anyone ever needs, I'll always be here to help as well.

❤️❤️

original.gif

Achievements

Posted  Edited by CrusTi

GET THE F*** OFF SOCIAL MEDIA IF YOU ARE DEPRESSED. IM NOT JOKING, DELETE YOUR SOCIAL MEDIA. It is half the reason you are depressed, and may be the driving force of your depression. 

These social platforms were designed get us hooked and people need to understand that social media is a fake fabrication of themselves and should not be taken as their actual life. On top of that the quick dopamine rush we get from likes/comments/shares eventually haunts us and leaving us craving for more.

I dont want to be the person who says it but Depression from Pre-Social Media and Post-Social Media is VERY VERY DIFFERENT and I can guarantee you that the massive amount of people who become depressed conditioned themselves through social media. Hard to swallow pills, yea, but its truth.

GET OFF FACEBOOK
GET OFF INSTAGRAM
GET OFF SNAPCHAT
I'm not joking at all, I'm dead serious from the bottom of my heart

My first hand story (Diagnosed not Conditioned)

I was Diagnosed with Depression and Dyslexia at the end of 5th grade (2011). I didn't understand either of them, Nor did I understand how to cope with them for many many years. I allowed it to consume me many times during high school and I am surprised I am still alive. It was not til I graduated High School that I realized that it wasn't going away and I needed to take charge. What was that change you ask? Let me give you some tips for those with longer waves of depression:
- Family and close friends should be the only ones that you EVER should reveal you depression to. The point is to make sure they are aware.
- Become self aware and realize when you are depressed, call it out, and go find someone to talk to. (BUT do not talk about the depression a lot, it will feed off of you and most times make it worse)
- DO NOT SPARK DEEP THOUGHTS WHILE DEPRESSED, IT WILL CONSUME YOU and leads to Suicidal thoughts

If you become paralyzed to you bed, for god sake get up and move ASAP. There were multiple times I was depressed to the point were I sat in bed staring at my wall for over 16 hours+. My emotions were stripped from me and all that was left were my thoughts. 

Finaly, beware as in the end, some people are ignorant and want to suffer for the attention. You know who I am talking about, the ones who let everyone know they are depressed, are not depressed, they are Sad/Hate their life. More and more people I find who think they are depressed but are actually just sad. The get the attention while and we lose the ones who were actually depressed. This topic is just touchy in general, telling the difference between the reals and the fakes is the first step to solving this dumpster fire of mental illnesses. Thanks for listening
Edited by CrusTi

1 hour ago, CrusTi said:

These social platforms were designed get us hooked and people need to understand that social media is a fake fabrication of themselves and should not be taken as their actual life. On top of that the quick dopamine rush we get from likes/comments/shares eventually haunts us and leaving us craving for more.

I dont want to be the person who says it but Depression from Pre-Social Media and Post-Social Media is VERY VERY DIFFERENT and I can guarantee you that the massive amount of people who become depressed conditioned themselves through social media. Hard to swallow pills, yea, but its truth.

This is not always true.

Maybe in some cases, but not all. It isn't appropriate to generalise it.

Social Media can and does help some people feel better, meet new people and connect with others going through the same struggles. People who are able to empathise are most likely able to help someone feel better for the short term and help them reach out.

Saying the pre-social media depression is less severe than post-social media is just… not right. Maybe that's your case, but it's not entirely true.

It can serve as an escape to many to people from tough times in their real life, specially in gaming communities since it allows them to have fun and distract themselves from it. There is nothing wrong with going on social media if you're depressed, but what is wrong is using it incorrectly in ways that it will be harmful to them (announcing it to world or "looking for attention" in the wrong way).

Sometimes it's a place for someone to call their home, sometimes it's a safe space, sometimes it's just a escape from problems and just to hang out with friends and have fun.

original.gif

Achievements

Posted  Edited by TheJitFace

Rest In Peace.

If anyone is going through something like this, please reach out to someone for help. 

Edited by TheJitFace

jitticus

GFL will always be here for you, for everyone. If you ever have a problem involving depression, suicide, ect. Don’t feel scared or embarrassed to reach out, you’re not alone. We will be here for you, no matter what happens, even when you think no one cares about you, we do. We may mean gamers for life but for you and everyone it’s Great Friends for Life.

Posted  Edited by FrightZ - Edit Reason: Correction

any uk people that need a chat, feel free to message me on discord and i will sit on a call with you for as long as you want, ive been at the rock bottom before and im still climbing but i wish to help anyone who was in the position i was in a year ago

US people, more than willing to talk to you guys late at night! Feel free to message me
FrightZ#2488

Edited by FrightZ
Correction