rapperdan

Moving ones own content to other forum sections

Posted  Edited by rapperdan

So I was thinking and I'm sure we have all been there before, ever make a post in someplace where it would fit better in another place?

Now I'm not sure how we could go about implementing this featuring but seeing how we allow people to hide there own content why not allow people to move there own content aswell?

tbh I feel like it would lead to less help needed from higher ups and more people who will naturally correct themselfs and tbh everyone might just be happier as no one would need to be bothered in doing work that we could give that freedom to the people who can then have the ability to simply fix there own issues inturn people naturally and not forcibly correcting others instead people will simply conform in a natural way and will lead to less confrontations and all round what I feel could be less issues.

Edited by rapperdan

Achievements

2 hours ago, rapperdan said:

So I was thinking and I'm sure we have all been there before, ever make a post in someplace where it would fit better in another place?

Now I'm not sure how we could go about implementing this featuring but seeing how we allow people to hide there own content why not allow people to move there own content aswell?

tbh I feel like it would lead to less help needed from higher ups and more people who will naturally correct themselfs and tbh everyone might just be happier as no one would need to be bothered in doing work that we could give that freedom to the people who can then have the ability to simply fix there own issues inturn people naturally and not forcibly correcting others instead people will simply conform in a natural way and will lead to less confrontations and all round what I feel could be less issues.

I feel like it would just be abused tbh

rudepog.PNG.3a1c25f3009ab8e9219ba200ef1a01a5.PNG

Posted  Edited by Joshy - Edit Reason: tired

Have people been abusing "Hide"?  I don't know; I cannot see and say for myself.  Either way: A concept has been proven.  I think the permissions itself is low risk even if we were to stipulate "abuse" although I don't think most users recognize they've posted in the wrong category before others have.  Maybe start off soft by limiting it to a group such as Server Admins.

Edited by Joshy
tired

PoorWDm.png?width=360&height=152

2 hours ago, Joshy said:

Maybe start off soft by limiting it to a group such as Server Admins.

^

Aspiring OWL Player

Official Fat Cunt of GFL

• Former GFL Council Member
  • Former Deathrun Server Manager
  • Former Murder Server Manager (2x)
  • Former Forum/Discord/TS Moderator
  • Former Member Acceptor
  • Former Prop Hunt Admin
  • Former Breach Admin
  • Former Ragdoll Combat Admin
  • Former Hide and Seek Admin

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

76561198080414294.png

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ad0d7752f3af933e823242707f002882.png

7ca15ba2adfc1cca1bbdd1b0e2899323.png

8a1fc7db81c9f9c55efeb06616369387.png

a23834bee8bd262ab85ddc004d8a52d4.png

37c2106e984c072a98986b80abc62302.png

ac8e16c80959c1400d7f78eb08d82b9a.png

d987b48e16877f03d3f4bd471f7a167d.png

7c3ddae8149571527b4fd382077c386b.png

addedjittogroupgay.png.b9cd0e35765a9eb4289086eb110830ed.png

crusty.PNG.ff0ad7f19b0b472ee3cf36cffd1138a4.PNG

eatcakeandcry.PNG.c3e7a72409b2c1a1bca7a659d6b0d5c5.PNG

fuckijustnutted.png.288a102240b0b61679c2a06089a8b4fb.png

quesadillaorriot.PNG.694be1708aeccc1771da16873fb0705b.PNG

8 hours ago, 4ix said:

I feel like it would just be abused tbh

Can I ask how one can abuse it?

You know like what would be considered abuse of such a thing so we can make it not able to happen in the future if we do implement it.

Achievements

1 hour ago, rapperdan said:

Can I ask how one can abuse it?

You know like what would be considered abuse of such a thing so we can make it not able to happen in the future if we do implement it.

Just moving random topics wherever 

7 minutes ago, 4ix said:

Just moving random topics wherever 

I'm kinda confused as to what people would gain from moving there own content to other sections randomly.

Also we could always make it so one could see past sections something has been in, it would work the same as name change history.

But I am still confused as too what someone gains by moving there own content to random sections.

just seems a little silly tbh.

also if we are talking about moving things to some sections one should not be able to we could easily block off some sections so people would not be able to move things to such a location.

Edited by rapperdan

Achievements

I'm kinda confused as to what people would gain from moving there own content to other sections randomly.

Also we could always make it so one could see past sections something has been in, it would work the same as name change history.

But I am still confused as too what someone gains by moving there own content to random sections.

just seems a little silly tbh.

also if we are talking about moving things to some sections one should not be able to we could easily block off some sections so people would not be able to move things to such a location.

Trolls

25 minutes ago, Lean said:

yeah, and make a new section called "trash" so i can move all of moose's posts there cus he insulted my memes

Slight issue here either way thanks for bringing this up and allowing me to bring this point up

the content you create only you not someone else is ≠ to someone elses content

Example A. I move my own post to another section of the forums.

Example B. I can't move someone elses content as I did not create it.

9 minutes ago, 4ix said:

Trolls

if someone gets off to moving there content around then I don't know what is happening on this planet let alone people following said content moves.

if you do follow said actions tbh you may aswell be on some watch list idk about you but if someone is paying that close attention to someone elses content where they are able to get trolled by someone moving there own content around that is fucking weird.

Edited by rapperdan

Achievements

13 hours ago, rapperdan said:

I'm against this idea. I'll tell you why, it doesn't belong, that's the job of SM+ (and Media Team within their own sub-forum). Hiding your own things I see it as fine, because either way all of the people with perms to un-hide it can still see it, it's not a permission that gives people access to do much, as you can't hide others' posts. 

Moving your own topic could cause drama, would cause more shitposting, and would create a more cancerous, less-manageable forums. I prefer it if people would report their posts and ask SM+ to move it for them to the right space (as that is part of their job). I see you want to help out the higher ups (or whatever reason you proposed this for), but there really shouldn't be a reason for people to have more perms in forums that would get abused.

Former Gmod Prop Hunt Admin

Former Media Team Team Leader

Former Media Team GFX Member

15 minutes ago, TheSadBandit said:

I'm against this idea. I'll tell you why, it doesn't belong, that's the job of SM+ (and Media Team within their own sub-forum). Hiding your own things I see it as fine, because either way all of the people with perms to un-hide it can still see it, it's not a permission that gives people access to do much, as you can't hide others' posts. 

Moving your own topic could cause drama, would cause more shitposting, and would create a more cancerous, less-manageable forums. I prefer it if people would report their posts and ask SM+ to move it for them to the right space (as that is part of their job). I see you want to help out the higher ups (or whatever reason you proposed this for), but there really shouldn't be a reason for people to have more perms in forums that would get abused.

personally I would like to know what is the scenario in your head that would cause such a high impact on our forums and how this would happen and how we could not just simply limit ones ability from doing it again please let me know what your thoughts are on this personally I feel as though I might need to reconsider but I have yet to hear a scenario where one could abuse such permissions in such a way that would cause such drastic damage that everyone seems to be fearful of personally I've ran down a few things in my head now there may be a few things sure but with so many more things that could be avoided I simply don't see how this is not a pro.

Long story short the pros here seem to outweigh the cons in a drastic way which in my mind makes this a no brainer.

Achievements

Posted  Edited by TheSadBandit

personally I would like to know what is the scenario in your head that would cause such a high impact on our forums and how this would happen and how we could not just simply limit ones ability from doing it again please let me know what your thoughts are on this personally I feel as though I might need to reconsider but I have yet to hear a scenario where one could abuse such permissions in such a way that would cause such drastic damage that everyone seems to be fearful of personally I've ran down a few things in my head now there may be a few things sure but with so many more things that could be avoided I simply don't see how this is not a pro.

Long story short the pros here seem to outweigh the cons in a drastic way which in my mind makes this a no brainer.

My Media Team rank used to have access to do that in the whole forums. It was because the roles were bugged, and there were no set limits on it, except I couldn't move apps to the "Closed" sections of the forums, but I could see every hidden thing, and I could move any post to where I wanted (I didn't), instead I just hid things like a normal Admin would do (I'm not against Admins being able to hide/move others' posts in their servers, but the rank isn't TTT Admin on forums, it's Server Admin). I brought this to the attention of higher ups to avoid any issues with future Media Team members, and Milk even commented on how he didn't want me hiding posts that were off-topic in apps or anywhere really, because it is NOT my job as SERVER Admin. I wouldn't be against a FORUMS Admin position, but then again, that same role is broken between the ranks that compose Server Manager and above, so there is no point. 

Here's an example:

@flyingjoe32 makes a post called "All admins suck dick" in CSGO 1v1 subforum, he moves it to TTT, and then moves it again to CSGO 1v1, he does this for an entirety of 10 minutes, until @Pyros has to close the post for being shitpost and the constant changing of forums, which creates a problem within the Community. It's giving people too many permission, like I'm even against Server Admins having such permissions, because it's not the Server Admin's responsibility to take care of the Forums, a Server Admin takes care of the server and makes sure people are following rules there. There is no need for anyone who doesn't already have the perms to get these perms, instead it makes it seem like Members "deserve" the right to this, when in reality they don't, and that is giving the Members way too much power as it is. 

Here's another example, I make an Admin app, it get's accepted, I move it from "Closed Admin Apps" to CSGO 1v1, no one notices because it doesn't cause anyone to be notified. I later show all my friends my Accepted Admin app, before I move it to some unused subforum, for it to never be found again.

It isn't a power that I believe anyone who isn't trusted enough should have, and in all honesty, I wouldn't even trust Server Admins with that power. Maybe Media Team, as it's partially their job to maintain the forums active, and provide for activities and art and different things that help the forums be as an awesome place as it is (and I'm not saying that because I'm Media Team, I partially don't give a shit about what perms I have, since I did bring up the Media Team having these perms to Council/Milkman). That, and the Trusted rank people, since they do have the Trusted rank, I feel like having been DL+ gives them to permanent right to be able to move posts (since it is known they wouldn't abuse to lose their commitment to having had the DL+ rank), until they abuse it, and that person just gets their rank removed.

Edited by TheSadBandit

18 minutes ago, TheSadBandit said:

My Media Team rank used to have access to do that in the whole forums. It was because the roles were bugged, and there were no set limits on it, except I couldn't move apps to the "Closed" sections of the forums, but I could see every hidden thing, and I could move any post to where I wanted (I didn't), instead I just hid things like a normal Admin would do (I'm not against Admins being able to hide/move others' posts in their servers, but the rank isn't TTT Admin on forums, it's Server Admin). I brought this to the attention of higher ups to avoid any issues with future Media Team members, and Milk even commented on how he didn't want me hiding posts that were off-topic in apps or anywhere really, because it is NOT my job as SERVER Admin. I wouldn't be against a FORUMS Admin position, but then again, that same role is broken between the ranks that compose Server Manager and above, so there is no point. 

Here's an example:

@flyingjoe32 makes a post called "All admins suck dick" in CSGO 1v1 subforum, he moves it to TTT, and then moves it again to CSGO 1v1, he does this for an entirety of 10 minutes, until @Pyros has to close the post for being shitpost and the constant changing of forums, which creates a problem within the Community. It's giving people too many permission, like I'm even against Server Admins having such permissions, because it's not the Server Admin's responsibility to take care of the Forums, a Server Admin takes care of the server and makes sure people are following rules there. There is no need for anyone who doesn't already have the perms to get these perms, instead it makes it seem like Members "deserve" the right to this, when in reality they don't, and that is giving the Members way too much power as it is. 

Here's another example, I make an Admin app, it get's accepted, I move it from "Closed Admin Apps" to CSGO 1v1, no one notices because it doesn't cause anyone to be notified. I later show all my friends my Accepted Admin app, before I move it to some unused subforum, for it to never be found again.

It isn't a power that I believe anyone who isn't trusted enough should have, and in all honesty, I wouldn't even trust Server Admins with that power. Maybe Media Team, as it's partially their job to maintain the forums active, and provide for activities and art and different things that help the forums be as an awesome place as it is (and I'm not saying that because I'm Media Team, I partially don't give a shit about what perms I have, since I did bring up the Media Team having these perms to Council/Milkman). That, and the Trusted rank people, since they do have the Trusted rank, I feel like having been DL+ gives them to permanent right to be able to move posts (since it is known they wouldn't abuse to lose their commitment to having had the DL+ rank), until they abuse it, and that person just gets their rank removed.

slight issue with your thought process here first off you kinda brought up things that are well not even relevent as no one would be moving content that is not there second off people can't move things to the sections they can't even post in third off people can not do half of what you suggested as a possible issue.

as one would need the permissions to post something in such a section for it to be able to be moved there so again sadly most of your arguement is entirely invalid let alone the issue you propposed that could happen is as simple as applying a restriction to said person if it was even done in the first place which tbh let's say for example we should not allow trolls to be well trolls.

if trolls is the arguement do we then make sure nobody can post any content as they can be a troll that would be the same situation if people or the majority could not post content and well you needed to be approved to post anything now let's think about what the biggest issue seems to be it's the simple fear of the unknown and a new concept is well scary to those that feel it has deep dark secrets that will unleash hell onto this world. But in reality there really is not much bad things that can come out of this and tbh it's very dumb to not allow people to do such things as people will simply naturally coexist better put it this way sure one can say it's for sm plus and media team members but all I see atm is well a view that is highly skewed and one that already has the perms so fuck everyone else I have what I need.

Now remember guys we are talking about our own content others content is completely not relevent so please stop bringing up what others have and saying ohh people can troll but in reality what would someone gain from being able to move there own content people can't move content that is locked so we just sweeped your whole arguement under the rug and now it simply does not exist.

So Please give me one reason why this is some scary idea and I will take back everything I have said and say you are right I am wrong but I have yet to see a single valid reason other then misunderstandings

Edited by rapperdan

Achievements

13 minutes ago, rapperdan said:

But in reality there really is not much bad things that can come out of this and tbh it's very dumb to not allow people to do such things as people will simply naturally coexist better put it this way sure one can say it's for sm managers plus and media team members but all I see atm is well a view that is highly skewed and one that already has the perms so fuck everyone else I have what I need.

Okay, seems like you've never had the perms to move things around in the Forums. 

Also seems like you didn't read my whole comment.

28 minutes ago, TheSadBandit said:

My Media Team rank used to have access to do that in the whole forums. It was because the roles were bugged, and there were no set limits on it, except I couldn't move apps to the "Closed" sections of the forums, but I could see every hidden thing, and I could move any post to where I wanted (I didn't).

Read the first sentence, I clearly state that I USED to have access. USED to have access means I DON'T have access anymore.

28 minutes ago, TheSadBandit said:

I brought this to the attention of higher ups to avoid any issues with future Media Team members, and Milk even commented on how he didn't want me hiding posts that were off-topic in apps or anywhere really, because it is NOT my job as SERVER Admin. 

Or this part of the comment, Media Team members DON'T have access to it anymore. I brought it up to Council and they CHANGED it, as in I can't close this or hide any of the comments like I was able to 2 months ago, because it isn't what the role MEDIA TEAM does, although it should be, since we provide GFL the shit it needs to be GFL, but that would be another post, and another topic. 

people can't move content that is locked so we just sweeped your whole arguement under the rug and now it simply does not exist.

Actually, before a post is moved to a location, such as the "Closed" folder, it is first locked. And "people", referring to GFL Server Admin and lower, can't move things around as it is, so you're right, they can't love content that is locked, but then again, they can't move content at all.

So Please give me one reason why this is some scary idea and I will take back everything I have said and say you are right I am wrong but I have yet to see a single valid reason other then misunderstandings

I've given 3 different reasons, just because you don't believe they're valid reasons, doesn't mean I didn't post them. Go ahead and ask @Pyros why he liked that comment, and it's because the point was valid, we don't need people abusing it. 

15 minutes ago, rapperdan said:

if people or the majority could not post content and well you needed to be approved to post anything now let's think about what the biggest issue seems to be it's the simple fear of the unknown and a new concept is well scary to those that feel it has deep dark secrets that will unleash hell onto this world.

Shitposts are easy to control if they aren't constantly being moved. I'm not sure if you've ever tried closing a post that's been moved out of the location while you're on it (of course you haven't you haven't had the perms to move things). Say you're on the original post location, let's say it's in CSGO 1v1, the OP moves it to Gmod TTT, you can't close it because it isn't in the same link per se as it was when you opened it, because it is in a different subforum, which creates the chaos and the "troll" has no repercussion because the post cannot be contained if he is constantly moving it. This is the chaos it would cause, and I know for a fact there are many people who would take advantage of this.

We also don't need to be giving "people" more perms as it is, I get that you're power-hungry for perms to move things around in Forums and give people this "right", but it isn't a Member's right, or even a Server Admin's right to move things around in Forums. 

As for the comment I quoted, you wouldn't understand something you've never had the power to do. Just as I wouldn't go on CSGO 1v1 and start telling @GR1FF1N and @xSnowyAngel what commands need to be given to Members and to VIPs because it is the right of Members and VIPs to have the commands. Since I have no experience in CSGO Server Admin commands, same concept here, stop trying to get Members more permissions than they can handle, it just won't work. Moving things around isn't something meaningless, it's one of the permissions that could have the greatest negative impact on GFL

Honestly if those 2 new reasons aren't enough, idk what to say.

@TheSadBandit tbh at this point you are simply telling me everything I already know not sure why but hey go gettem tiger you seem to be taking this personal where as I have nothing against you but damn you seem to be misunderstanding everything that I said did you read what I said on my OP or no?

because you sure did bring up some points that are well completely irrelevent but hey members VIP's we are all big power hungry monsters and tbh why can we simply not you know apply a restriction if someone is well trolling the shit outta moderators then move on to the issue and simply fix said post?

it's about what you do then do next if moderators lack the ability to have process of elimation why are they even moderators in the first place?

also I gave you a few likes as they mean you are right and I am wrong likes mean everything :)

Edited by rapperdan

Achievements

Your whole argument is based on:

1. People can hide the post, why not also give them this?";
  2. People can correct themselves - They might, it's true. Or they just might give zero fucks about it and not waste their time with it;
  3. To avoid bothering Staff members with reports - If a Staff member does get bothered or annoyed about reports on the forums, I kindly ask them to reconsider their position within GFL as it' part of their job.
4 minutes ago, TheSadBandit said:

Or this part of the comment, Media Team members DON'T have access to it anymore. I brought it up to Council and they CHANGED it, as in I can't close this or hide any of the comments like I was able to 2 months ago, because it isn't what the role MEDIA TEAM does, although it should be, since we provide GFL the shit it needs to be GFL, but that would be another post, and another topic. 

Not really. Media Team's job has zero to do with keeping the forums in check and such. Only reason you guys have forum perms is to be used under your own sub-forum and that only.

33 minutes ago, rapperdan said:

Now remember guys we are talking about our own content others content is completely not relevent so please stop bringing up what others have and saying ohh people can troll but in reality what would someone gain from being able to move there own content people can't move content that is locked so we just sweeped your whole arguement under the rug and now it simply does not exist.

People can still troll with their own post. 

What you are asking is simply changing every rank's perms, at least those that doesn't have this perms already, so they can move around posts. 
We would need to mess around with every perm to make it possible, if, and a big if, it's possible to set them up like what you are suggesting.

I personally don't think it's needed to give more perms to people that aren't forum moderators. I could totally understand and support if you can bring evidence of Staff members not dealing with reports or that Staff members get bothered about dealing with reports.

Cheers!

76561198048327544.png

@Ash-'s opinion on gmod: 

4smalUvk.png
image.png.c3ced03940ca3f9bff0b8c6b1b425d4f.png

It's a pretty bad idea considering we save some stuff and such. But the main thing is that there is a unforeseen consequence here and idk what it is. :)

Posted  Edited by Logic_

idk what you guys are talking about but all I know is #RAPPERDAN4MEMEGER 

(it's a joke was messing around on deathrun about it and saw he posted something so I wrote this)

Edited by Logic_

Visit GameTracker.com for the latest game server information!

[Former] PVK Manager  Anarchy Admin 

@TheSadBandit tbh at this point you are simply telling me everything I already know not sure why but hey go gettem tiger you seem to be taking this personal where as I have nothing against you but damn you seem to be misunderstanding everything that I said did you read what I said on my OP or no?

because you sure did bring up some points that are well completely irrelevent but hey members VIP's we are all big power hungry monsters and tbh why can we simply not you know apply a restriction if someone is well trolling the shit outta moderators then move on to the issue and simply fix said post?

it's about what you do then do next if moderators lack the ability to have process of elimation why are they even moderators in the first place?

also I gave you a few likes as they mean you are right and I am wrong likes mean everything :)

Lmao sorry I got too into the debating mood. Anyways, I did read your OP, but what I said is that it's easier to avoid a situation if there is no way for the situation to happen than to control a situation because we gave people the right to move things around. The less people there are that move things around the less chaos there is, and tbh I see it as better that it's a higher-up's job to move things around, Council aren't as busy as they seem, look at @PB-n-J he plays throughout most of the day he's not doing Council stuff or personal stuff, as he is an Admin, it takes literally less than 1 minute to move something, and I'm sure he has forums open in the background 24/7 as I do. It isn't hard to hear the ping, and get on forums to check it out. PB isn't the only Council member either, there's like 7 of them. That's only Council too, then there's all the SM & DL who also have the perms, although DL aren't as active on the forums, there are a lot of SMs that are. I report posts all the time, and in most cases it's dealt with in less than 2 minutes, so I don't see a point in giving a perm so powerful as moving posts around to Members, as it's easy to abuse.

You might see moving posts as something small, but it's not, it's giving a person the freedom of moving their posts around different subforums, and to me that doesn't seem like a perm that Members should have, it seems like a perm that only people trusted enough to have a high rank to have (SM+).

2 minutes ago, TheSadBandit said:

Lmao sorry I got too into the debating mood. Anyways, I did read your OP, but what I said is that it's easier to avoid a situation if there is no way for the situation to happen than to control a situation because we gave people the right to move things around. The less people there are that move things around the less chaos there is, and tbh I see it as better that it's a higher-up's job to move things around, Council aren't as busy as they seem, look at @PB-n-J he plays throughout most of the day he's not doing Council stuff or personal stuff, as he is an Admin, it takes literally less than 1 minute to move something, and I'm sure he has forums open in the background 24/7 as I do. It isn't hard to hear the ping, and get on forums to check it out. PB isn't the only Council member either, there's like 7 of them. That's only Council too, then there's all the SM & DL who also have the perms, although DL aren't as active on the forums, there are a lot of SMs that are. I report posts all the time, and in most cases it's dealt with in less than 2 minutes, so I don't see a point in giving a perm so powerful as moving posts around to Members, as it's easy to abuse.

You might see moving posts as something small, but it's not, it's giving a person the freedom of moving their posts around different subforums, and to me that doesn't seem like a perm that Members should have, it seems like a perm that only people trusted enough to have a high rank to have (SM+).

if it does not work out we can always revert the changes and tbh I really don't see much of a point in not doing this sure I would understand if someone told me that would be an investment and we have better things to do I would understand that but what we should not be doing is well basing an arguement off the unknown I personally feel like we should allow people to do this fine tune it to the point where there simply won't be issues and come up with a finished product.

also don't call me power hungry again to win some dumb arguement because that simply can not be farther from the truth and was an attack on me I could go on and on about all the spots I have turned down but this is really not the time or place to do that, but don't think I can't destroy that arguement in it's entirety.

Achievements