gS-Gavin

Admin Applications

Posted  Edited by gS-Gavin

Is the criteria to apply for admin the same, or is it going to be altered with the new website update. I am asking because I had seen a player with 4 posts apply for admin.

***EDIT***

I think that some of the requirements should be a certain number of posts per day, a certain time on the forums (i.e. 1 month of having an account), No forum spamming, certain number of hours on the server you are applying for, and the original three from the last forums.

Edited by gS-Gavin

6 minutes ago, gS-Gavin said:

Is the criteria to apply for admin the same, or is it going to be altered with the new website update. I am asking because I had seen a player with 4 posts apply for admin.

You do realize everyone's post count got reset? 

- Triggered -

Creative Team (GFX) 

Former Hide and Seek Manager 

Former Purge Admin

PM me for personal requests

Idk like it kinda sucks 2 suck unless you like sucking :B|:

Fᵤcₖ yₒᵤFᵤcₖ yₒᵤFᵤcₖ yₒᵤFᵤcₖ yₒᵤFᵤcₖ yₒᵤFᵤcₖ yₒᵤFᵤcₖ yₒᵤFᵤcₖ yₒᵤFᵤcₖ yₒᵤFᵤcₖ yₒᵤ

Just now, Hannah said:

You do realize everyone's post count got reset? 

I am aware of that, I am really meaning for the future, in about a few weeks or so, when players get to 25 posts.

The player that applied with 4 posts was just an example and what made me want to ask this question.

Just now, gS-Gavin said:

I am aware of that, I am really meaning for the future, in about a few weeks or so, when players get to 25 posts.

The player that applied with 4 posts was just an example and what made me want to ask this question.

Oh I understand now :P

- Triggered -

Creative Team (GFX) 

Former Hide and Seek Manager 

Former Purge Admin

PM me for personal requests

Idk like it kinda sucks 2 suck unless you like sucking :B|:

Fᵤcₖ yₒᵤFᵤcₖ yₒᵤFᵤcₖ yₒᵤFᵤcₖ yₒᵤFᵤcₖ yₒᵤFᵤcₖ yₒᵤFᵤcₖ yₒᵤFᵤcₖ yₒᵤFᵤcₖ yₒᵤFᵤcₖ yₒᵤ

I personally think it will change, and I think it would be a good idea to change it.  That post count requirement was one of the worst spamming rippling throughout the entire forum, and it would be better to simply deny them for activity in their application compared to having 100 people spam up with a quick 25 posts.  The other criteria was more important anyways.

PoorWDm.png?width=360&height=152

I would say a good 5 posts a day for about a week would be good. If they don't do it, it shouldn't allow them to use the application. And yeah it should be more dependent on other criteria.

swegbuster1.png

Is the BattleLog box still gonna be there? :lenny:

maxresdefault.jpg

9qgn1Zn.png

was good knowin you

M E M E S

Spoiler

c8t20uJ.png

NYsFw15.png

pRMNTno.png

iGOJUvA.png

9qgn1Zn.png

F11Vx5A.png

YK0zrGH.png

D I S C O R D

V5BjkfK.png

NHMZswY.png

4M7pOXZ.png

aURPCME.png

XYga1Wn.png

7VakUEv.png

ecErTIf.png

cc1LDBw.png

D E N R O S

giphy.gif

D O N T   F O R G E T   W I L F O R D

SDjQmNz.png

D O N T   F O R G E T   J E R M

9qgn1Zn.png

Spoiler

Former Garry's Mod Jailbreak Manager

Former CS:S Bhop Manager

Former CS:S Dust 2 Manager

#MakeGMODGreatAgain

#BringBackGMODJailbreak

#BringBackJermsquad

#Hacking4CA

Posted  Edited by CrusTi

[IDEA] for New Requirements to Apply for Admin?: (Please take to consideration)

1) 30-35 Quality Posts 

2) Account must be least 1-2 weeks old 

3) Linked/Synced Steam Account

4) Admin must "Rep" then on Profile *

* = "Rep" system is something that was implemented into an Old Community I use to be apart of. Basically, if someone wants to be an admin they would have to get "Rep" from an Admin+. How it works. If a Admin+ agrees to give a user a "Rep", the Admin would go on the Profile of the user and they would press a "button" that would give them the ability to make an admin app.

How would this benefit?: It would prevent Admin from getting Admin Application that either get no support or only get -1.

It's hard to understand but if you want to get a better understanding of the concept then msg me and we can talk in TS.

Directed towards: @Roy @denros @Shuruia @nick027nd @floopyhiggle @Kim

Edited by CrusTi

The 25 posts criteria are just a way to show to admins you actually put time on the forums (or you just spammed) but a lot of players spammed thier way there because let's all agree, everyone likes power, but if I could vote I would say to either reduce it or add @CrusTi suggestion 

76561198048327544.png

@Ash-'s opinion on gmod: 

4smalUvk.png
image.png.c3ced03940ca3f9bff0b8c6b1b425d4f.png

I would rather not have a set criteria for admin applications. In the new system each server manager will be able to chose their own criteria for the server. Including custom questions for their admin applications.

Customizations they can make include :

• Groups who can apply
  • Posts needed to apply
  • Time on forums
  • Reputation Needed (Likes)

I also want to add in that those are just basic requirements, each server, or depending on the manager will have their own set of extra requirements. Like the 25 posts may be the minimum amount of posts for forum activity, but another server prefer you to be actively on the forums, engaging into it; possibly having more than that (both reports and discussions). Also other requirements with their minimum hours and other crap.

pfs.gif.0454852536d8143a5e368e9f7a24a8a4.gif

credits to @Clavers

Achievements