2. 2. What games?

• Clash of Clans
    • Clash Royale
    • Other
  3. 3. Would I be able to lead this new division

• +1
    • Neutral

This poll is closed to new votes

For the "Would I be able to lead this mini division", where's the "Not in a million years" option? 

Also, no. 

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: $943 ($530 with sales)
  • Games owned: 174
  • Games played: 112 (64%)
  • Hours on record: 5,797.5h

1. Should this be a thing?

No

I don't see a mobile division helping GFL.

2. What games?

Other

Other as in none because it's not happening.

3. Would I be able to lead this new division

It seems like most of GFL would leave if you got division leader of anything.

w8AIJq0.png.557da6d2ae4ce9c69c1c9e3caee5ce0d.png
Made By @Lynx

jat.jpeg.cf67632929160b2d4e0df99335e7fba6.thumb.jpeg.a268ca114a3acfa34d666597b4d1a461.jpegMade By @Charmayy

jats.jpg.83ddf264efcb7e331c28d70f002fd3f5.jpg

Made By @Gary

c349e18f2f68dbbab87526fa779bfbb2.png?width=1080&height=345

Made By @Xy

-Jat

32 minutes ago, Shuruia said:

@Dano and I were just playing Ratz Instagib. Why don't we have a mini division for that?

Whilst we're at it, why don't we have a cooking show mini division? We'll make the most exquisite meals. @Darkling can be the division leader for it.

How about that astronautics mini division? We're going to send people into space with @Joshy heading that mini division.

YOU HAVEN'T LIVED UNTIL YOU'VE PLAYED IN MY SPELLING BEE MINI DIVISION

2 minutes ago, Jat said:

1. Should this be a thing?

No

I don't see a mobile division helping GFL.

2. What games?

Other

Other as in none because it's not happening.

3. Would I be able to lead this new division

It seems like most of GFL would leave if you got division leader of anything.

13 minutes ago, Charmy said:

For the "Would I be able to lead this mini division", where's the "Not in a million years" option? 

Also, no. 

Thanks for the feedback

:hahayes:

jinnd1.png

I am pretty sure someone did this before when floopy and x2d was council then. It didn't last long when it happened someone did made a GFL group in those clash games and it just went dead. So, no.

pfs.gif.0454852536d8143a5e368e9f7a24a8a4.gif

credits to @Clavers

Achievements

I’ve already mentioned on public discord that the only mobile on GFL that is acceptable is going to be RuneScape. To be honest, I see no purposes on getting a mobile division — it has to be a game that have potential members recruiting into GFL, and RuneScape is one of them, and there are other games that can recruit in many ways. 

76561198043643390.png

Posted  Edited by Joshy

MeohGC8.png

EDIPppv.jpg

Anyhow: Are any of our Mini Divisions working out?  I don't think so.  What criterion have they passed unlike this one?  I agree: This one isn't showing any promise and the approach for it is extremely weak.

Which is the better strategy for Staff if they're interested in a growing community or preserving a strong one: A) Mock suggestions or give snarky feedback, or B) tell their members how they can succeed, which inherently benefits the Staff members too?  Even if your guidance is useless for someone such as the OP...  it could be helpful for another visitor/reader who has an idea.

None of the Mini Divisions have been doing well to my knowledge, and this is such a shame because I see a gold mine.  I wont take claim to such an idea because I was speaking to someone about this earlier, but I do think I am taking it to the next step it needs:  Don't just have a criteria, guideline or definition for what exceeds that threshold - what does it mean to be a worthwhile suggestion or what does it take to have potential - and hold it to yourself.  Share this and guide your members through it.  Stage them for a successful suggestion.  Stage them so when they come up with ideas, that they aren't asking for Staff to do it for them, but for the members to make it happen their self...  to be champions for their ideas.  It's alright to have one or two superstar Staff members producing ideas and making it happen from time to time, but I'd rather see 10+ members constantly guided by Staff, and that those 10+ ideas are realized or amount to something helpful for the community (reference).  You're going to get nothing done if you rely mostly on Staff, and this could be why the team might feel a bit stagnant (reference).

Edited by Joshy

PoorWDm.png?width=360&height=152

Posted  Edited by Leks
20 minutes ago, Riggs said:

You got tagged when I tagged staff. But I later took the tags out

I am not staff, lol. 

Unless this badge has no meaning

mYOwXO8.png

Edited by Leks

yeah.gif

Posted  Edited by Joshy - Edit Reason: Response to leks following post
15 minutes ago, Leks said:

I am not staff, lol. 

Unless this badge has no meaning

mYOwXO8.png

m82kHKR.png

edit:

It's just a joke, @Leks ;)  I excluded the award from my profile.

Edited by Joshy
Response to leks following post

PoorWDm.png?width=360&height=152

The third question in the poll is a very strange one to ask from the beginning, which gave me the impression that this suggestion was just OP memeing us. In the off-chance that I'm being duped and that this is a serious suggestion, I'll give it a fair response.

There is a fairly large disconnect between most mobile games and PC games. Some opt to call this the "casual vs. hardcore" dichotomy, in which the heart of the situation lies within the target audiences. The vast majority of casual gamers will prefer mobile games, whilst the same holds true for hardcore gamers towards PC games. GFL's target audience has always been within the latter of that spectrum, and there is little room for overlap. There is bound to be some overlap in that we have members within the community that enjoy mobile games, but they are the minority. I can guarantee that the lion's share of mobile gamers couldn't care less about dedicated gaming communities.  We're trying to appeal to John who plays CS:GO, not John's grandmother that plays Candy Crush or Clash Royale.

This comes part and parcel with the other disadvantages of many mini divisions, with the most notable one being that we cannot host community servers for such mediums. Not worth the venture, my love.

Pt5iuHl.png

I won't take a photo—I'll tell it through words.

Achievements

Posted  Edited by Riggs
3 hours ago, Shuruia said:

The third question in the poll is a very strange one to ask from the beginning, which gave me the impression that this suggestion was just OP memeing us. In the off-chance that I'm being duped and that this is a serious suggestion, I'll give it a fair response.

There is a fairly large disconnect between most mobile games and PC games. Some opt to call this the "casual vs. hardcore" dichotomy, in which the heart of the situation lies within the target audiences. The vast majority of casual gamers will prefer mobile games, whilst the same holds true for hardcore gamers towards PC games. GFL's target audience has always been within the latter of that spectrum, and there is little room for overlap. There is bound to be some overlap in that we have members within the community that enjoy mobile games, but they are the minority. I can guarantee that the lion's share of mobile gamers couldn't care less about dedicated gaming communities.  We're trying to appeal to John who plays CS:GO, not John's grandmother that plays Candy Crush or Clash Royale.

This comes part and parcel with the other disadvantages of many mini divisions, with the most notable one being that we cannot host community servers for such mediums. Not worth the venture, my love.

Thanks for the response. And yes this was like 80% serious. But I'mma need a follow through with the Spelling Bee Division :lenny:

Edited by Riggs

jinnd1.png

Posted  Edited by ChefAP

Clash of Clans/Royale is for 10 year olds who use their mom's iPad

Image result for stock image of kid playing on ipad

Lmao only one person vote yes to him being leader and that was himself

Edited by ChefAP

2 minutes ago, ChefAP said:

Clash of Clans/Royale is for 10 year olds who use their mom's iPad

Image result for stock image of kid playing on ipad

Lmao only one person vote yes to him being leader and that was himself

I voted neutral?

jinnd1.png

God, you people need to calm down. This may not be the best idea in the world but chill out, it's fine.

It seems Shuruia and Joshy are the only sane and reasonable ones here.

JerryBomb.png.e376b34f3abbf909e911ca905e69e9b5.png.148c6b4cfc47ce26dbdfacd59a6ef633.pngCreative Team of GFL.

That's it.

Achievements