Roy

[1-1-17] Update - CS:GO Division, OVH, Transparency, Etc.

Hidden

I did give a try on COD4 on both my PS3 and pc, on pc I found a lot of populated servers of HCTDM (it feels good dropping 20+ kills using only mp5), on my PS3 unfortunately I found a lot of modded lobbies(HnS,ZM) or lobbies with hacks(just by joining after 2 minutes it would say you unlocked everything, I'm lv6 and unfortunately have everything), about the transparency, making a update post would be a lot, maybe posting a status saying "currently working on x project" could work.

76561198048327544.png

@Ash-'s opinion on gmod: 

4smalUvk.png
image.png.c3ced03940ca3f9bff0b8c6b1b425d4f.png

9 minutes ago, Crusty said:

ARMA 3!

That's also a high possibility once we get an OVH machine.

Thanks.

Posted  Edited by Argyros · Hidden
Hidden

Oh if you Arma let me know.
I have a lot of experience with Arma especially being somewhat of a known developer and owner in that game.
I just hope it doesn't turn out like what you guys tried to do before with Altis Life.
Altis Life tends to need a big community in order to populate, but it is possible.

The best game type to run is KOTH since it gets the most, but only game hosters offer those, however, Wasteland or Exile is probably the next big thing.

Edited by Argyros

Posted  Edited by Crusty · Hidden
Hidden
41 minutes ago, Argyros said:

Oh if you Arma let me know.
I have a lot of experience with Arma especially being somewhat of a known developer and owner in that game.
I just hope it doesn't turn out like what you guys tried to do before with Altis Life.
Altis Life tends to need a big community in order to populate, but it is possible.

The best game type to run is KOTH since it gets the most, but only game hosters offer those, however, Wasteland or Exile is probably the next big thing.

KOTH and Exile, BAM! That's it. ::D: Also I would buy InfiSTAR (Admin Tools)

Edited by Crusty

etLqFFt.gif

Achievements

Hidden
15 minutes ago, Crusty said:

KOTH and Exile, BAM! That's it. ::D: Also I would buy InfiSTAR (Admin Tools)

No need, I'm pretty sure if I ask Chris (infistar) he would give it to me for free, plus I already have it.
KOTH you have to buy a game server for that since SA Matra doesn't give it out.
SA Matra does have the best Wasteland as well, but you have to be a big community and be registered on his website with 100+ posts in order to get them.

Edited by Argyros

Hidden
4 minutes ago, Argyros said:

No need, I'm pretty sure if I ask Chris he would give it to me for free, plus I already have it.
Chris = infistar's real name.
KOTH you have to buy a game server for that since SA Matra doesn't give it out.

Yeah true, it is still fun though. Exile would be best I think because it is growing at a rapid pace so it would make sense to use that if the ARMA 3 Division ever comes around. Altis Life is alright, if people are into the role playing type, I'm not 100% sure that would work out best.

etLqFFt.gif

Achievements

Hidden
3 minutes ago, Crusty said:

Yeah true, it is still fun though. Exile would be best I think because it is growing at a rapid pace so it would make sense to use that if the ARMA 3 Division ever comes around. Altis Life is alright, if people are into the role playing type, I'm not 100% sure that would work out best.

Well, didn't really work out the last time GFL tried that, but that might have been because the server never got popular.
Exile is starting to somewhat die since the new updates that the devs keep pushing on Arma causes the developers over at Exile to no longer want to update their mod since almost every Arma update breaks a lot of stuff.

Edited by Argyros

Hidden

We've talked about the To-Do Lists before although it was in a private thread.  My position on it still stands: I think it should be encouraged, but not required.

My feelings on To-Do Lists are wary because I am afraid of the increased expectations they may generate.  Say for instance I am working on a plugin that doesn't pan out, then I feel it will disappoint people who were hopeful or excited for that update (it's like over-hyping a new movie only to find it was "okay", then it seems worse than it was).  I consider myself a person of many ideas, but I know that a lot of them wont pan out.

PoorWDm.png?width=360&height=152

Hidden
49 minutes ago, Joshy said:

We've talked about the To-Do Lists before although it was in a private thread.  My position on it still stands: I think it should be encouraged, but not required.

My feelings on To-Do Lists are wary because I am afraid of the increased expectations they may generate.  Say for instance I am working on a plugin that doesn't pan out, then I feel it will disappoint people who were hopeful or excited for that update (it's like over-hyping a new movie only to find it was "okay", then it seems worse than it was).  I consider myself a person of many ideas, but I know that a lot of them wont pan out.

I understand your point, but To-do lists at least give the transparency of things being currently worked on, or soon to be worked on.  If transparency is enough of a problem for @Roy to mention it, and admit  that it needs worked on, why not add another tool to help remedy the problem? Roy once mentioned every server should have a changelog, because players need to know what's been changed. Almost every, if not all, servers have this. So. by extension, players should have SOME idea of what is going to be in these updates.

sig.jpg

Ex-GMOD Jailbreak Admin 

Ex-GMOD Jailbreak Server Manager.

Ex-Rust Admin

#MakeGMODGreatAgain